Daily Record – Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keith Jackson talking out his arse eh?

I am stunned.
I actually thought after reading it that he was trouble making.

There was no new info in the article but he snidely hinted at Kent 'downing tools' to 'force' a move.

I can't imagine Liverpool would have been too happy reading it which is probably what Jacksons article was intended for.

I've just been told he is almost signed. We will pick up his full wage and an option to buy next season.Seemingly on the radio.Can anyone confirm.

Dont know..he never said.Assuming Clyde.Said hes in talks and Rangers will pick up all his wages that hes on at Liverpool with an option to buy.Cant see him making that up.

I was listening to clyde1 and it wasn't mentioned

Still stand by my prophecy of a week back,

In the beginning Gerrard created the defence and the midfield. Now the attacking third was formless and empty, darkness was across the inside forward position and the Spirit of Gerrard was hovering over the edge of the box. And Gerrard said’ “Let there be Kent,” and there was Kent.’

Interestingly, if you plugged Arfield in for Ojo then, with the exception of Aribo, every one in that starting line up was on the books last year (Davis of course for the second half of the season only).

Astute observation. We haven’t massively improved the starting 11 during the close season other than Aribo. But I do think Aribo is a truly massive upgrade as he offers central link up and goals, making us much less predictable. We’ve also added goals from wide through Arfield or Ojo. You could argue that we had that at the end of the season but having it all season is crucial.

The other thing we’ve done is have a massive upgrade to the squad. There is no single player where injury or loss of form could wreck a period of our season. Last year we were dreading injury to Morelos, Kent, either centre back or Jack. Now players of very equivalent ability will slot right in. Also keeps the first team on their toes as there is genuine threat to their starts.

I do also agree with the first poster. I think that, if Kent comes in, him and Ojo will often start without Arfield. Ojo is just more versatile than Arfield. That said, Arfield can be immense and could easily see him getting the shirt. Either way, substituting between any of those 3 should rightly terrify opponents.

Jack and Davis are a must. Would you start arfield in front of aribo? My midfield 3 would be jack Davis and aribo.

Arfield is not competing to play in the midfield 3. He does not function there anything like as well as at least 5 of the 6 players we have for the 3 roles.

Arfield is competing for one of the forward berths, most likely directly competing with Ojo to be the inside forward with a more traditional winger on the other side.

I really like Kent, however like others have said we really need the left back problem sorted. I'm confident we have strength in every position except there. If we get Kent then great but if it doesn't happen we still have so much excitement up front

H&H saying no change in the stance from either club - Liverpool want a permanent transfer and Rangers can’t afford it.

Kent pushing hard for a move - most likely a loan with a commitment to buy at the end.

Might happen, might not.

Thanks

Yes, I subscribe. Possible that some are not able to listen to the full thing and would appreciate some piece of mind from a reliable source in amongst all the rumours that are being posted.

If I was in a position to share the news with someone who asked me, I would.
Or just listen to the pod

H&H saying no change in the stance from either club - Liverpool want a permanent transfer and Rangers can’t afford it.

Kent pushing hard for a move - most likely a loan with a commitment to buy at the end.

Might happen, might not.
Thanks for obliging.

Just catching up on things, seeing 'loan with obligation to buy'. What's the benefits of loan with obligation? I don't see any for us apart from giving more time to get fee together (which is likely the key) but would it still leave Liverpool with option to recall after season i.e. we agree loan with an obligation to buy for say 7M, he tears up EL, wins us 55 and everyone is after him, can LFC recall and punt to English team for 14M+?

I don't see the difference, from buyers perpsective betweeen loan with obligation to buy and just buying with generous payment milestones? Can someone educate me?
Good question, I’d like to know to, if we’ve only got a buying option then buy now with staged payment, if he carries in with his performances it may as well be us that get the benefit if he moves for big money later.

The obligation thing makes no sense other than Liverpool keeping the chance to cash in if a bidding war starts in the next 2 windows

Good question, I’d like to know to, if we’ve only got a buying option then buy now with staged payment, if he carries in with his performances it may as well be us that get the benefit if he moves for big money later.

The obligation thing makes no sense other than Liverpool keeping the chance to cash in if a bidding war starts in the next 2 windows

Posters above say that Liverpool wouldn’t recall but I’m not so sure if they feel money could be made.

I’m the same as you, loan with option to buy at a pre-agreed price seems better for us.

When i’ve seen these things, it’s usually the other way round like it was with us and Murphy and Cummings. The ‘buying’ club has an arrangement to buy at a fixed fee at the end of the loan but has no obligation to do so. We exercised the option with Murphy and let it lapse with Cummings.

The Kent saga would make more sense the other way round as you suggest. We seem to want to have Kent more than Liverpool want to give him to us so us having all the risk would make more sense. I wouldn’t be adverse to that. If you’d told me 3 months ago that we’d get him back on loan with no buying option, i’d be delighted. Having an obligation to buy at something affordable (say £5mill) but with a risk that Liverpool take him back if he’s set Scotland on fire would seem pretty ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back