Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

Why is this not being taken through the normal uefa process.

Are we not meant to be cited and then appear infont of uefa and a decision is made.

UEFA and FARE should take a flying f*ck to themselves.

You can argue all you like about the rights and wrongs about what some people choose to sing, but you also can't ignore the paltry fines given to repeat offenders time and time again.

And then we’ll get charged for game v Progres, and then v Midtjylland and so on....

Witch hunt

I sincerely hope the bit about being raging with fans is bollocks.

I want the fans, board, club and lawyers going after the whole lot of these pathetic charlatan bastards if they even attempt it.

Well they can't.

As long as sections of our support remain utterly obsessed with bastardising every song we have & making reference to the Pope & proscribed organisations, it will continue.

We don't need to sing the word 19th Century Terrorist, pope or anything else of that ilk yet we still fucking do it.

It's getting beyond a joke now.

19th Century Terrorist et al is utterly indefensible in any court, kangaroo or otherwise. Someone from a neutral standpoint will not find in our favour.

Why do you all think the club have been doing so much work behind the scenes (Anyone, Everyone) etc? Do you think they'd bother their arse if they didn't feel they had to.

Absolutely sick of this "get the lawyers in" blah blah blah

Some of you are almost 15 years behind on the realities of our situation on this issue. Feel free to catch-up any time you want.

Surely there's no way you can be told 6 days prior to a match where it's pretty much sold out that there will be a stand closed.

What a fucking joke of an organisation.

Punish us and let the paedophile ring across the city get away with ira chants and raping kids. Cunts.

I don’t know what the punishment is but the story isn’t bullshit and Rangers have indeed been warned to expect a ‘severe’ punishment.

David , how to they prove this “ sectarian “ singing? The statement says alledged, when does that become concrete ? Some Norwegian guy in the stand hearing “ 19th Century Terrorist” during a song ?

Nobody can tell me they weren’t primed by FARE and we have been targeted 100% .

I for one would love a total end to any mention of 19th Century Terrorists , the pope , Bobby sands or the IRA at our games .

But this seems a scandalous set up and stinks to high heaven .

How can we be severely punished when it’s our first offence in years?

Yet other clubs get fined every season countless times.

Something fishy about that

David , how to they prove this “ sectarian “ singing? The statement says alledged, when does that become concrete ? Some Norwegian guy in the stand hearing “ 19th Century Terrorist” during a song ?

I for one would love a total end to any mention of 19th Century Terrorists , the pope , Bobby sands or the IRA at our games .

Very true.

It stinks of double standards.

There are huge inconsistencies in how UEFA seem to handle these type of issues

On one hand clubs are slapped on the wrists for violence against players and on the other, songs which are always sung are sometimes punished

Our fans are brilliant but many need to wake up and smell the coffee - there is no level playing field here and we will have increased focus on us as a result of this

Partial closure is just the worst case scenario. As usual the news try to make things the worst outcome just for the hits/comments

This has FARE all over it.

We should accept their punishment but question their impartiality over our games. What is the connection to celtic again?

It's time to set up an organisation with the same charitable status as FARE and play these cvnts at their own game.

And the club could do with demonstrating some leadership here.

Watch this space. This is the year that every single under hand tactic will be used to prevent our challenge and slow our momentum. Stadium/stand closure for SPL fixtures to follow if and when it gets down to the nitty gritty. Scumbags man

That's what happens when you get a delegate who knows what songs are wrong. He was a shadow delegate to the main one apparently.

All of what you say is true. We have been targeted by FARE.

However, the reality is: it doesn’t matter. We can’t argue on finer points of what it means, we can’t complain about what the tims do, we can’t go to court.

If UEFA say ‘you sung this and it’s not allowed’ we get done, end of story.

I did warn everybody that FARE were ready with their pens and paper , they’ve been to every uefa game at Ibrox and I also said they were furious last year that their complaints were ignored by uefa .

It just made them even more determined to “ nail “ us this year , now here we are .

The club need to ask for proof of chanting or refuse the fine . Ban FARE from our ground otherwise this will never stop .

And yet the UBs still insist on starting TBB. Baffling.

It's utterly bizarre how people how people arduously defend singing about 19th Century Terrorists, the pope and the IRA.

Defend 'freedom of speech' all you want, but this is a matter that will get us in trouble (and has done in the past). Is it really worth it?

Pick your battles

Back