Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

And then we’ll get charged for game v Progres, and then v Midtjylland and so on....

Witch hunt
How is it a witch hunt if we've been told time and time again not to sing those songs. we've been warned but continue to ignore. Folk that continue to sing the songs despite the warnings are the ones that should be told to pay the fine instead of the club.

I can’t thibk of anything against St Joseph’s but it was over a month ago.

I imagine it’ll be a fine.

I'm in the middle with this to be honest. If we stop singing TBB they'll just move on to the next song.

It's scary how much our club and fans are despised to be honest.

This has been coming tbf, the billy boys has made a come back. I actually felt we would get done for it next week but maybe not now!

This is the world we live in - you can't justify using the word "19th Century Terrorist".

Anyone who thinks we should still sing this crap just get in the bin. It just hurts the club for pure stupidity and pig headedness. Dont worry about that mob.

David , how to they prove this “ sectarian “ singing? The statement says alledged, when does that become concrete ? Some Norwegian guy in the stand hearing “ 19th Century Terrorist” during a song ?

Nobody can tell me they weren’t primed by FARE and we have been targeted 100% .

I for one would love a total end to any mention of 19th Century Terrorists , the pope , Bobby sands or the IRA at our games .

But this seems a scandalous set up and stinks to high heaven .

So we know they are there, know they are primed, and we still do it?

This story was ready to go in the event of the mhanky mhob getting turned over last night

This makes no sense.

If the story is true and we are going to be hit with a punishment today then any announcement would have been today regardless.

You think UEFA care if they get beat by AIK or not?

Makes a mockery of the Club’s recent campaign. Wisen up ffs and stop playing into their hands through pig-ignorance.

Last edited:
What song or songs have we been sanctioned because of?

Will the board appeal due to the fact we’ve went from almost nothing bar paper being thrown on the park 3 years ago to this drastic measure?

Also why could the mentally challengeds get 15 billion trivial fines for everything under the sun including attacking players yet we go straight to this?

If this punishment doesn't serve as a wake up call to the numbskulls in our support then nothing will

Use you heads ffs

This is the world we live in - you can't justify using the word "19th Century Terrorist".

Anyone who thinks we should still sing this crap just get in the bin. It just hurts the club for pure stupidity and pig headedness. Dont worry about that mob.
The mentally challengeds can.

Weird.

Where do we reckon will be closed? where the UB are and some more of the broomloan? not ideal for a massive game next Thursday night.

Jesus. Never thought i'd see that.

Flabbergasted TBH

Rangers are going to have to act now.

I was of the opinion "%^*& them " but that needs to change now

So they are now getting away with everything in Europe too now! Can’t say I recall such singing, not that I pay much attention to singing but would expect to to possibly happen at a tighter game that a 10-0 aggregate score!

Any guesses on what section is likely to be closed?

Will be interesting to see.

It’s an opportunity to send a message to UB whilst being able to defer the responsibility. However, is that more important than creating noise in this upcoming game?

If it’s BF, club shows how serious it is taking this.

Reading that statement from Rangers its clear that the Broomloan Front will be closed. Wonder how they will deal with that given the proximity of the game?

The complete lack of transparency here is frustrating.

"UEFA has ruled that a group of Rangers supporters were guilty of racist behaviour – which includes sectarian singing – during the match against St Joseph’s at Ibrox on July 18."

OK. Why no specifics? What was sung? What was the racist behaviour?

Also, the club should be very clear in a statement about what is unacceptable. After Vilareal there was talk of a banned list but it was never shared widely resulting in people thinking it didnt exist

Spell it out for the hard of thinking in our support

This is a shocker. Surely we have sold more tickets than they are going to take for a partial closure. Outrageous they are giving us 6 days notice. F*** UEFA.

All of what you say is true. We have been targeted by FARE.

However, the reality is: it doesn’t matter. We can’t argue on finer points of what it means, we can’t complain about what the tims do, we can’t go to court.

If UEFA say ‘you sung this and it’s not allowed’ we get done, end of story.

I’ll be honest . While it pains me and disgusts me that FARE and our other enemies and haters are hell bent on harming our club by whichever means they can , they inadvertently may be helping us out , unbeknownst to them .

I sang every song back when it was the done thing , but being honest times have changed and I will be relieved and glad of the day we don’t hear a word about bobby sands , 19th Century Terrorists , the IRA or pope at any of our games ever again .

The double standards is another issue entirely , for now we sort ourselves out , it’s long overdue .

Last edited:
Back