Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

It will have to be more than just the Broomloan Front by my reckoning. The BF holds around 3500 but Legia have BF4 and BF5.

People that continue to sing that stuff are absolute morons. They clearly don’t care about the club.

on another note. I don’t get how you can get fined for singing “sectarian” songs. Religion is completely fake and made up. There is zero proof any of it is real. Yet the law seems to treat it as real. Bizarre.
I would agree with this but only some religions. I'd imagine you could say what you like about the likes of scientology, but it's just as equally bonkers to me as any other religion.

That said, we all know references to a specific religion in songs will get us in bother but it gets sung anyway.

I meant the Scottish press, or have uefa got their own daily newspaper!

So the Scottish Press are thinking "On Friday UEFA are going to announce that Rangers will have part of the stadium closed but we'll only report on it if AIk win on Thursday"?

The Scottish Press would be delighted to report on this regardless of any other result.

If this is true then its disgraceful from them and others who joined in. Knowing full well it hurts the club
I find it disgraceful that our club for a very long time now has pandered to people who hate us deciding the definition of a word is whatever suits them.

19th Century Terrorist does not mean catholic and most clubs would have defended themselves and not found themselves in the position we now do.

Well they can't.

As long as sections of our support remain utterly obsessed with bastardising every song we have & making reference to the Pope & proscribed organisations, it will continue.

We don't need to sing the word 19th Century Terrorist, pope or anything else of that ilk yet we still fucking do it.

It's getting beyond a joke now.

19th Century Terrorist et al is utterly indefensible in any court, kangaroo or otherwise. Someone from a neutral standpoint will not find in our favour.

Why do you all think the club have been doing so much work behind the scenes (Anyone, Everyone) etc? Do you think they'd bother their arse if they didn't feel they had to.

Absolutely sick of this "get the lawyers in" blah blah blah

Some of you are almost 15 years behind on the realities of our situation on this issue. Feel free to catch-up any time you want.

It was a reference to the inequalities in punishments.

I broadly agree with your sentiment but you can’t tell me with a straight face that we should take it up the arse from UEFA when we see far worse behaviours being treated with far lesser punishments.

Much like the Kilmarnock game our fans are being unfairly targeted by bigots. And our club and many fans are too happy to throw fellow bears under the bus. This stinks to the highest heaven and *that* should be the focus of the club's and fan's ire.

I’m sorry, but there’s no way the club didn’t know this was coming yesterday. Why the %^*& would you sell tickets to people who now won’t be able to attend? What an absolute shambles all round.

Rangers as a club must release a strong statement today stating that x y and z songs are now banned forever.

only way this ends

why? why not call out FARE for what they are..BIASED!

The tramps sing racist anti British songs, pro IRA songs, anti Protestant songs and just the other week were throwing missiles at the club players..but we are the problem for FARE?

they are biased and bitter and frankly hardly FARE!

Do you go to Ibrox?

If you did, you’d know that these songs are sung by the full stadium on European nights.
Yes, always started from the same area. We do look at them for leadership, this is true. But they are not the all positive force you'd think they were listening to them.

1. They don't join in with another song when it starts else where.
2. They CONSTANTLY criticise, attack or go against the club on the issue of safe standing - which if this behaviour continues- they'll never get.
3. They forced an end to the smoking area in the BF area due to songs and behaviour toward police.
4. THAT FUCKING FLYER.

I don't want to be overly critical of them. They are- normally- a good addition, and some of the displays have been fantastic. However they insist on the banned songs and they insist on trying to be 'controversial'. They need reigned in. The banned songs or a Bobby Sands reference or a UVF song is normally the 1st or 2nd song after the PA goes off and the Blue Sea dies down.

Well then they should be identified by the club and banned imo. A zero tolerance approach is needed.
Fine, we don’t get many away game tickets now in Scotland. What was 1st song of new season live on TV. Yes, Bobby Sands what has he got to do with our great club ...1st song of season - why not ban all those issued for tickets for that game and start highlighting we won’t put up with it any more?

The club have came out and asked us to stop singing certain songs.

Certain people inside Ibrox on a matchday don't seem to give a %^*& though and will sing them anyway, knowing full well what the consequences are.

If you want to sing the billy boys then you are no Rangers fan in my eyes.

why? why not call out FARE for what they are..BIASED!

The tramps sing racist anti British songs, pro IRA songs, anti Protestant songs and just the other week were throwing missiles at the club players..but we are the problem for FARE?

they are biased and bitter and frankly hardly FARE!

as others have said, thats for them to get their house in order and whataboutery

We were warned enough after Villarreal away in 2006. We seemed to get our act together and then fucked it up at PSV away in 2011.

The bampots who thought it was ok to sing again (not just the young team and UB’s) need to take a look at themselves.

It’s not about what you think is right or wrong. If it’s not allowed by the authorities then don’t sing it.

Yes, always started from the same area. We do look at them for leadership, this is true. But they are not the all positive force you'd think they were listening to them.

1. They don't join in with another song when it starts else where.
2. They CONSTANTLY criticise, attack or go against the club on the issue of safe standing - which if this behaviour continues- they'll never get.
3. They forced an end to the smoking area in the BF area due to songs and behaviour toward police.
4. THAT FUCKING FLYER.

I don't want to be overly critical of them. They are- normally- a good addition, and some of the displays have been fantastic. However they insist on the banned songs and they insist on trying to be 'controversial'. They need reigned in. The banned songs or a Bobby Sands reference or a UVF song is normally the 1st or 2nd song after the PA goes off and the Blue Sea dies down.
Jesus christ.

Or just Rangers songs only.

I think the time has arrived to boot out everything else tbh. Club must be fucking fuming
Agree, but I still think the club could more directly issue a statement directly stating that fans signing about 19th Century Terrorists or the pope will be ejected and their season tickets removed

Edit - youve made the same point elsewhere

We can argue about being unfairly targeted all we like but we all know FARE are always at Ibrox. Songs that will get us punished are still sung. As a support we are fucking stupid.

If the punishment is indeed true maybe it will put an end to this. I doubt it though - just be more defiance.

Rape wee boys for 50 years not a peep. Sing a bad song you’ll get done. Purely coincidental that Liewwell just got voted on to an all powerful UEFA committee eh?

We all know it smells a bit fishy, but this whole "whit aboot them?!" argument does my head in. We knew FARE were in attendance yet fans still sung the band songs or add ons that have no place inside our football stadium, its simple don't sing these songs and there is no issue.

We have a great repetiteur of acceptable songs to sing yet we shoot ourselves in the foot constantly. I constantly cringe during follow follow when people sing the wrong words, what is wrong with the original acceptable words? There is just no need for it, that why I cant get onboard the celtic do it too argument. Let's get our house in order then we can attack on that front.

If you want to sing these songs do it elsewhere, not at Ibrox, this has been coming for a while and i hope it acts as a wake up call.

It will have to be more than just the Broomloan Front by my reckoning. The BF holds around 3500 but Legia have BF4 and BF5.

Not anymore I received an email stating the season ticket we have in BF4 wouldn't require a paper ticket anymore

Embarrassing state of affairs.

Truly embarrassing our club is caught up in this shite.

I don’t give a %^*& what your opinion is on religion etc or wether we’re being unfairly targeted(we are) it’s nonsensical to continue singing fucking brain dead nonsense that will inevitably see our club fucking punished. Fuming it’s came to this but we have been warning of this for some fucking time.

I want to hear from the board on this one - none of their usual fucking hiding. If the evidence that has been presented to the board is acceptable then the board need to come out and say that and make the point that any future issues like this will be dealt with severely.

If the evidence is not enough then we need to know the board are going to fight this and take not only FARE to task but UEFA as well.

I am sick of our board sitting back and making no noise. Quietest club in the world. Just sit back and take every fucking thing thrown at us.

The club have came out and asked us to stop singing certain songs.

Certain people inside Ibrox on a matchday don't seem to give a %^*& though and will sing them anyway, knowing full well what the consequences are.

If you want to sing the billy boys then you are no Rangers fan in my eyes.

Get blootered and full of charlie and then they couldn't give a %^*& about consequences.

It doesnt matter what we sing. If it's not billy boys it'll be something else Lawell and FARE will make sure of it.

I cant wait for us to be fined for having sectarian socks :rolleyes:

I am still completely shocked at punishment. If this is about the St Josephs game, are they investigating our other UEFA matches as well - if so what is going to happen.

Back