UEFA order us to close a stand against Legia

Maybe fans need to learn to fucking stop singing TBB, at least in Europe ?
UEFA will crack down heavily and we should be keeping it light and humourous and not plumb to the depths of the green brigade. We've a modern forward thinking manager and a superb support at their back,but I think this sort of stuff let's us down. Especially on European nights.

FARE are scum.

Yup. They are.

Unfotunately, until our board realise they're in a battle and actually declare war on all our detractors, it's easy for people like FARE to have influence on people like Uefa through their contacts and harm us.

Of course the fans should know better than to sing it but I don't think I can stomach little Stewart Robertson coming out and telling us all to be nice while we continue to get fucked by people who hate us.

We backed the current owners in to the position they are in. We need them to fight for us now.

If the club do not put up a fight and point out the sheer hypocrisy at play within UEFA, then we must question if they really deserve our support.

The club have shown little leadership on this issue. The songs are just a symptom.

We've seen a continuation of the Murray era on this issue. It's cowardice from the top.

Our support is under constant attack and whilst they might not do themselves any favours, they really should be defending us vigorously.

They're more than happy with the record season tickets and the atmosphere generated.

They should lead the fans, not sacrifice them.

Defending what vigorously? The club said don't do that, folk did it and now don't understand why the club wont support them?

I would rather the club came out and informed fans what songs can't be sung fullstop. I'm a fan of the Union Bears and the atmosphere they bring but they really need to have a rethink about their songbook.

I don't want to hear about the UVF or IRA getting sung at Ibrox. It's 2019, it has no place at a football match.

Last edited:
Defending what vigorously? The club said don't do that, folk did it and now don't understand why the club wont support them?

How about an alternative "official version" with the words many of us grew up with, that's just one idea.

Perhaps more fans would listen to the club if they felt the club had our backs.

It's a two way street, the issue is deeper than some fans singing a banned song.

Don’t suppose there has been many UEFA delegates at separate entity FC...no too busy spying on us instead then. Fecking Scum. Unsurprising when Peter Lawwell is mixed in with UEFA was only going to end up with our club getting punished for something or other.

Probably half a stand tbf. Top tier of the broomloan?
I sincerely hope not. I’ve already paid for my ticket and I’m taking my grandchildren. The singing doesn’t generally come from the BR so why should we be the ones ouncishws! I’ll be absolutely livid if this happens.

Ok stupid songs need to stoo. What gets me is the fact FARE constantly at our games and no one else the club need to defend us and question this. I take it no onr hears them glorifying terrorism ans turned blind to many missiles being thrown last week at cluj players. Theres no consistancy and the club needs to address this!

NO it’s not

It’s time for people to stop being so fucking SELFISH, heed the warnings & STOP hurting the club

How many times does the club have to say it?
We did and they moved on to other songs and chants that didn't contain 19th Century Terrorist whilst they were allowed to continue unchallenged and unchanged.

You know we are back where we belong when we are being scrutinised for our songs. Gerrard really is bringing back the glory days and our haters are infuriated. Humza and fare will implode like the rest of them when we get 55.

The club statement specifically mentions racist behaviour. I want to know what race was being sung about?

We backed the current owners in to the position they are in. We need them to fight for us now.

If the club do not put up a fight and point out the sheer hypocrisy at play within UEFA, then we must question if they really deserve our support.

Really? That's the stance you take?

surely the mentally challengeds flag means we can call them 19th Century Terrorists?

What’s that got to with anything?

The whole thing stinks to high heaven but the facts of the matter are, you sing songs with 19th Century Terrorist Bastards mentioned, then we are on a hiding to nothing.

You know who you are fucking stop it or we'll end up playing behind closed doors.

It barely happens anymore, I'm very surprised it was sung at such a nothing match. The club should be publicly criticising UEFA not the support.

These cunts will stop at nothing so we should be fighting it.

We cannot use what seems to go allowed unchecked at other clubs as a defence.

We can ask why other clubs seem to continually get off with offences however.

Last edited:
Genuinely think the problem will get worse before it gets better. Too many idiots full of bevvy show up at European games and cannot control themselves. Songs making reference to religion belong in the past and the morons who sign them just cannot get this through their thick skulls.

To my knowledge, FARE have attended every European game at Ibrox since 2017. It was only a matter of time before they got their wish. Do they dish this treatment out to any other clubs?

By all means criticise those who done the singing but it's sad, although unsurprising, that many are directing most of their anger at their fellow fans than a blatantly biased organisation hell-bent on getting us in to trouble.

All the hand wringers would do well to remember this song has been around for decades, and does NOT refer to mass attending Roman Catholics.

I don't like it personally as it glorifies razor gangs and Glasgow needs less of the hardman pish, but it's hardly sectarian.
Not the point.

It's not like we didn't know they were there and haven't been warned so many fucking times. We need to sort out the morons in our own support before we go finger pointing at anyone else.

As the club say, thanks to these selfish, immature bastards that are stuck in the dark ages a large amount of fans who are able to behave themselves won't be able to go to this game now.

If these folk need to be life banned then so be it, this will end up costing the club about 100k.

It barely happens anymore, I'm very surprised it was sung at such a nothing match. The club should be publicly criticising UEFA not the support.

These cunts will stop at nothing so we should be fighting it.

Critise UEFA but not the 'fans' that have inevitability caused potentially innocent fans from missing out on Thursday night? Ffs

FARE are scum some of our fans are fucken daft.

The shifting of focus onto FARE all the time is a bit tedious really.

All Rangers fans are asking for is a level playing field
If that’s the rule then apply it to EVERYONE

This 100 times over. We need to waken up though and realise this 'vendetta' against us isn't going away, the ball is rolling, what next, closed doors? I feel very sorry for the ST holders who now won't get to this game, many innocent folk missing what will be one of our best nights in years. I would be fucking furious if it was my ticket that got cancelled.

Last edited:
I have no idea, sadly, how we stop the openly biased 19th Century Terrorists of FARE from getting in. Can club identify them?

First step would be to ban the vermin from FARE; then ask what the 'racism' refers to; then ask how many fines/incidents one needs before action is taken, as 14 seems a lot for nothing to have been done. Also maybe ask how PSV away (last time) was singled out when TBB was NOT sung in Eindhoven.

But no, we'll bend over and lube up.

You can’t refuse to let FARE in. You can ask all of that and UEFA will ignore you.

Then what?

I am struggling to get my head around why, if the offence took place on 18th of July at St.Josephs match , why has it taken so long to bring the charges as we have played another two home Europa qualifying matches, could the stand closure not applied to the Midtjyland match.
Are they trying to make it as difficult as possible for us to qualify.
At the end of the day the songs with the add ons have to stop as it is harming us on all levels.

Back