UEFA order us to close a stand against Legia

its happening at every game now
only the scottish authorities will do nowt and it opens up the wider picture against the Yahoos
UEFA don't give a %^*&

keep doing it - stadium closure
keep doing it - expulsion

its that simple

we all know where its starting
we all knew with regard to one song, not to sing it

its idiocy from the bottle of buckie for a thursday night game brigade
they cannot protect the club - they have to sing it

take the battle to UEFA?- its their baw and if we want to play, we have to adhere
its that simple

we need every penny we can at the club and singing that song has cost us 3000 x ticket price
keep going and its more

absolute insanity

I don't think thats the point anyone is making, we all know they sing offensive songs. However I do think asking why our songs are highlighted far more than theres, and why have they with far more UEFA sanctions not received a similar punishment.

I think these questions would be very valid and the support would appreciate the club clarifying all this.
We’ve been warned numerous times. What’s not to get here ?

Have we? Which ones?
This is the issue for me. Fair enough, we can assume songs mentioning 19th Century Terrorist will be classed by them as sectarian, rightly or wrongly (so BB and Super Rangers are out without a wording change, which I can't see ever happening). What about songs mentioning the UVF, particularly the historical 1912 UVF? Is We're Coming punishable? I know there'll be those who think it should be and those who think it shouldn't, but until we get clarity the debate will never end.

This was always coming. We can argue about the rights and wrongs of FARE but no one is forcing us to sing that fúcking song. We know it's going to cost us and we still have fans who do it.

It's inexcusable. Congratulations chaps. I hope you're happy.

anyone singing FTP or anything to do with IRA... now is the time to waken the fu(k up!! It's embarrassing, and it has given US ALL a bad name. So thanks a fu(king lot!
Want to sing FTP and loyalist songs... FINE, go to a sash bash. NOT AT A RANGERS GAME!!! It's 2019 FFS

In the 70's when Willie Waddell was asking the fans to wisen up, what was the response then? It continued and got worse if anything.

So don't preach about it being an issue because it's 2019. The only club ban from Euro competitions was due to fans not being able to control themselves so don't dare say all Rangers problems are being caused by the youth.

Split feelings on this. We’ve obviously scored an own goal by continuing to sing songs that will get us into trouble.

However, I think the clubs response is a bit weak, accepting a 3000 seat closure is bonkers. There’s also the lack of parity to consider when these things are handed out by UEFA.

I’m honestly not sure what the correct answer is. We need to be clever and not sing things that will get us into bother, but it feels an injustice accepting this bullshit.

There were also absolutely no racist songs against St Joseph’s, so I’m confused about that one.

This will give the green light to SPFL / SFA to do similar in future games.

We can fight fire and point out inconsistencies while keeping our own songs clean.

I don't think thats the point anyone is making, we all know they sing offensive songs. However I do think asking why our songs are highlighted far more than theres, and why have they with far more UEFA sanctions not received a similar punishment.

I think these questions would be very valid and the support would appreciate the club clarifying all this.
Because this isn’t about them it’s about us. You really think Rangers should come out with “aye but they....”?

People trying to make excuses for this, be it FARE always pick on us, or they sing it across the other side of Glasgow.

Forgot the semantics and excuses for a moment. It's a song that gets us in bother. We have tons of other songs, about us and our club and who we are. Stop singing the song that gets us grief.

We're now going to lose out on 3000 voice backing the team when we need them most on Thursday.

You can try and blame UEFA, FARE or the fucking daily record for all I care. But the reality is if you sang it...you caused this.

Can you enlighten me as to what song you're referring to?. There's plenty I can think of and Im sure Peter Lawell has loads more he doesn't approve of.

This is the issue for me. Fair enough, we can assume songs mentioning 19th Century Terrorist will be classed by them as sectarian, rightly or wrongly (so BB and Super Rangers are out without a wording change, which I can't see ever happening). What about songs mentioning the UVF, particularly the historical 1912 UVF? Is We're Coming punishable? I know there'll be those who think it should be and those who think it shouldn't, but until we get clarity the debate will never end.

There's another set of fans within the same city who sing about 19th Century Terrorists at every home European game who haven't had this treatment. Then again FARE don't go out their way to go to every single one of their games do they?

The club havent outlined what is and isnt acceptable so no one knows for sure what's in and out. Maybe Peter Lawell could advise.
ANYTHING derogatory towards protected characteristics i.e. religion/belief, race, sexual orientation, gender, its all there in legislation has been since 2010

(Assuming TBB is what has caused this charge)

It can't be that difficult to modify TBB to take out the reference to the word "19th Century Terrorist"?

Change it to "Celtic" and we've still got our anthem.

Lets get specific.

I would like to see the evidence used by UEFA

I would like them how this evidence became classed as offensive and/or racist.

the club then need to also get specific.

What songs exactly are banned
Which add ons are banned.

Now I know we could all guess this but that seems to be the ongoing problem.

Lets get specific, and if this is the kick up the ass that some of our fans needed then lets make it work

Because this isn’t about them it’s about us. You really think Rangers should come out with “aye but they....”?

The club should demand parity, consistency and justice. Its ridiculous that we're targeted over and over and sad to say you're falling right into the trap.

(Assuming TBB is what has caused this charge)

It can't be that difficult to modify TBB to take out the reference to the word "19th Century Terrorist"?

Change it to "Celtic" and we've still got our anthem.

problem with that is that some nefarious scrote will maintain that some were saying the errant word and we're still in trouble

FARE and our Media must be question by Dave King himself.

That vile club has been fined that many times in recent times , fans running into park , missiles , songs , political protests , telling Uefa to f.uck off

I just don’t get it.

We get a part of the ground closed for singing yet they get a paltry fine for a guy ATTACKING MBAPPE ?

And that was after maybe 10 other things ?

I’m seriously wondering if Opus Dei are at work here.

Simply astonishing.

When it's happening repeatedly then yes. How long do you think we just accept it while they walk away with nothing and carry on?

If it was just a one time issue then of course I wouldn't expect the club to go down that line. But at this point it certainly seems like a wider issue. Do you disagree and think we are being paranoid?

Said it for many years and even on the old board when this ever came up. We can’t sing the billy boys when we play in Europe absolutely out of bounds as UEFA will go after us. By all means sing it when we play domestic football though as the Scottish fa won’t do a thing about it. But if it is sung and your lifted tough shit. I’m a big fan of tbb but it can’t be sung in Europe.

Firstly: This has been coming. Only ourselves to blame.

Secondly: The board’s communications and lack of a plan is shocking. Make no mistake, the incompetence of our executives is having a very serious baring on the behaviour of our supporters.

They don’t have a plan. A hashtag won’t solve it. Neither will refusing to take the side of the fans.

I just don’t get it.

We get a part of the ground closed for singing yet they get a paltry fine for a guy ATTACKING MBAPPE ?

Simply astonishing.

Indeed. But you just need to read some of the responses on here to undetstand why we get treated diffetently.

Will be interesting to see if the UB release a statement. Whenever the Goon Brigade got celtic fined they made it quite clear that they didn't give a %^*& and considered themselves bigger than the club/custodians of the club's true heritage. And celtic being celtic they accepted it, expect for that one time they closed the safe standing section. Hopefully the UB don't go down the same route.

If this is the precicident they are setting then fair enough we have to just get on with it and stick to the rules. No need for those songs anymore

But what really annoys me about this is what exactly is the punishment for hurling missiles like we seen last night when Davis took the corner and and at chamber of secrets last week not to mention the real racisim that happens in eastern Europe and Russia in Europe practically every season.

Even the AIk fans last night.

The club must ask these questions as we need clarity.

Surely it can't be acceptable to assault someone i.e a player or rival fans but not acceptable to sing a naughty song. There must be answers for that otherwise what is the point?

The biggest concern to me is not this punishment but the next one.

If (when) some people don't listen and sing these songs again, what happens then? A whole stand? The whole stadium? Expulsion?

I don't care what the mentally challengeds do, our support have to wisen up I'm afraid.

This is an embarrassment as our clubs name will be all over the news because of this.

I just don’t get it.

Simply astonishing.

Good to see you're still keeping things in a sense of proportion, fellow poster.

People asking what song it. Maybe one that goes "%^*& the pope and the Vatican"? I have been advocating the club do a high profile focus on getting the correct words to our club anthem. Deaf ears.

All the hand wringers would do well to remember this song has been around for decades, and does NOT refer to mass attending Roman Catholics.

I don't like it personally as it glorifies razor gangs and Glasgow needs less of the hardman pish, but it's hardly sectarian.

Was it for TBB ? Do we know that ?

We do sing other sectarian songs let’s be honest.

You can’t refuse to let FARE in. You can ask all of that and UEFA will ignore you.

Then what?
What is FAREs mission statement? If it covers sectarianism in all forms, we ask the charities commission to investigate their one sided agenda, using evidence

If their stated aim is to cherry pick, we ask UEFA why they are using a sectarian biased organisation

Wow %^*& all.

We have been accused of racist behaviour. I want to know which race we have been found guilty of offending. Can you clear it up by any chance?

Read the statement from rangers it says racist behaviour - which includes sectarian singing

This is perhaps the perfect time for Rangers to release a statement directed at UEFA asking why the rush to punish the club and enquire why with all the public knowledge of the goings on in Scotland regarding historical child abuse the organisation haven’t taken ANY action or made comment as to the club concerned. Is singing a song more offensive and serious as ruining youngsters lives . This could bring the subject into major media exposure and uefa would either have to comment further or accuse Rangers of bringing the game into disrepute.This could open up the flood gates for public discussion in major media outlets . Just a thought.

Back