UEFA order us to close a stand against Legia

The club have shown little leadership on this issue. The songs are just a symptom.

We've seen a continuation of the Murray era on this issue. It's cowardice from the top.

Our support is under constant attack and whilst they might not do themselves any favours, the club really should be defending us vigorously.

They're more than happy with the record season tickets and the atmosphere generated.

They should lead the fans, not sacrifice them.
Fucking horseshit.

“We need clarification” etc etc.

PiSh. We all know what songs shouldn’t be sung so stop fucking singing them, anyone singing them should be pulled up by fellow bears at the games as it’s only going to hurt the club further.

Yes we need to come out and point the massive double standards going on here but the priority is to stop the songs - strict liability on clubs being pushed is a worry because we all know what club they’ll be going for!

it says sectarian singing in brackets beside racism

The racism label sticks though. You can guarantee that the 'racist' wording will be jumped on. Sitting in work and poets already calling Bears racists. If the club allow that label to stick without at least a fight then we will be tarred forever.

F--- me, Liewell isn't even in the bloody building yet and his influence is there for all to see.........UEFA are beyond a joke, even more so now........

this goes way beyond this one closure
this affects image
we are even more global with an icon like Gerrard at the helm - now around the world we are known for this
what is he thinking? his brand will be tarnished with this too

if we don't start acting like its is really 2019 - we can kiss Europe, financial stability and maybe even Gerrard goodbye

I see UEFA also demand we cover the 3000 seats with a UEFA banner as well.
Scatter the 3000 empty seats round the stadium and f*ck their banner

Uefa have confirmed the sanction for Thursday's tie, which sits 0-0 after this week's play-off round first leg, stating a banner with "#EqualGame" will be placed across the empty section of seats.

"The Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has decided to order a partial closure of the stadium during the next one (1) UEFA competition match in which Rangers FC play as the host club, for the racist behaviour of its supporters," said the governing body. "Rangers FC shall, as a matter of urgency, inform UEFA of the sector(s) to be closed, which shall at least comprehend 3,000 seats."

the BBC are loving this

I might be a bit OTT with my concerns but my worry over this is the gaffer could possibly say, f***k this I don’t need this stuff going on in the background. And pack his bags.
It’s frustrating this issue keeps arising. But equally frustrating there’s a team across the city who are getting away with similar issues.

That’s massively unexpectedly.

How can they go straight to partial closure? Sure we need to warned, fined and then partial closure?

Not that we should need to be. It’s bloody obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense what shouldn’t be sung. But the selfish in the support don’t give a %^*&.

Well, well done guys. Hundreds of innocent bears are going to miss out on a vital game.

This is what confuses me mate.the Billy boys is classed as sectarian I assume because of the word fienian. But Celtic have a banner with the word fienian army and sang paddy McCourt fienian army .but that down,t seem to be sectarian.

This is how it works.

If our enemies dont like any of our songs they simply claim they're sectarian or racist.

The club give out a general statement pleading with fans to refrain from singing certain songs but they're not specific.

Celtic continue to sing all sorts of hate filled songs glorifying terrorism and the press and authorities ignore them.

Our fans react to the double standards and we get crucified.

Same thing happened in NI with the IRA.

The ONLY solution is for the club to start talking to fans and show some leadership.

I had hoped the SLO could be a catalyst for this.

This isn't exactly our first charge in this area, is it?

I was mainly contending your point that Opus Dei are controlling affairs at UEFA.

I know mate.

And I absolutely accept that we really need to get our act together.

But it does really frustrate me with the lack of objectivity in this country and how an obviously sectarian group ( FARE ) are somehow deemed by UEFA to be objective.

Sorry, rant over.

I might be a bit OTT with my concerns but my worry over this is the gaffer could possibly say, f***k this I don’t need this stuff going on in the background. And pack his bags.
It’s frustrating this issue keeps arising. But equally frustrating there’s a team across the city who are getting away with similar issues.

i've just mentioned that
his brand image is at threat from this

I like to think I can take a step back and look fairly upon situations and say we are in the wrong when we are.

I feel this is absolutely unfair and undeserved.

We have come such a long way as a support in my lifetime.

The songs are close to non-existent. With any support there will be the odd one that is heard.

FARE have attended and reported us for every European game since we returned. As most, I’ve been to all these games too and don’t remember shaking my head thinking “stop singing that” at all of those games - not even a few. A FOI request was submitted to gather what games they have attended in Europe - after all, they are ‘Football Against Racism Europe’. No response.

This is an organisation set up absolutely to punish Rangers. Their CEO, Piara Power, is a Celtic fan. His wife, Aasmah Mir from Bearsden and of BBC, is an ardent and passionate Celtic fan (her words). She hates Rangers because of some pish she quotes about links to the BNP which revolts almost every Rangers fan. Not only that, FARE have received payments from Dermot Desmond’s company Onside (it’s a subsidiary of Milestone which he and his son own through Aurum Nominees Ltd - Dermot is a Director).

It’s an absolute f*cking set up.

Yes, stop what’s left of the sectarian singing. But nobody can stand up to this level of scrutiny - we are majorly under a magnifying glass for malicious reasons.

How would anyone fair with a police officer following them everywhere?

Meanwhile, other clubs attack players on the picth. Other clubs are genuinely racist. Yet it’s us again. We won’t be left alone until we’re perfect while others continue without punishment for far worse.

And as for UEFA, and their Zimbabwean processes, you aren’t allowed to challenge them.

I get there are specific Rangers haters at FARE. I get that UEFA are as corrupt as fxxk.

Yes we have come a long way in the last 20 years.

Open your ears though mate - TBB has been specifically banned. The bobby sands line is music to the ears of the FARE rats as are any add on FTP and the vatican. As long as we give them the fuel, they will throw us in the fire.

Wake up - let's take ownership of this and weed it out of Ibrox.

Oxford Dictionary

NOUN
mass noun
  • 1Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    ‘a programme to combat racism’
    More example sentences
    Synonyms

1. 1.1The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

‘theories of racism’
      More example sentences
      So what race are we talking about???

its 3000 seats, what would that equate to? £100,000 loss for the club? i've said this before you CANNOT sing derogatory terms/words about ANY protected characteristic (see the equality act legislation)
I know, whether we like it or not .

its happening at every game now
only the scottish authorities will do nowt and it opens up the wider picture against the Yahoos
UEFA don't give a %^*&

keep doing it - stadium closure
keep doing it - expulsion

its that simple

we all know where its starting
we all knew with regard to one song, not to sing it

its idiocy from the bottle of buckie for a thursday night game brigade
they cannot protect the club - they have to sing it

take the battle to UEFA?- its their baw and if we want to play, we have to adhere
its that simple

we need every penny we can at the club and singing that song has cost us 3000 x ticket price
keep going and its more

absolute insanity

It’s not really UEFA though - they are being led by a small group (FARE) who blatantly have an agenda against Rangers, which is clear to see by their head personnel.

Nothing wrong with any of those songs -

I get there are specific Rangers haters at FARE. I get that UEFA are as corrupt as fxxk.

Yes we have come a long way in the last 20 years.

Open your ears though mate - TBB has been specifically banned. The bobby sands line is music to the ears of the FARE rats as are any add on FTP and the vatican. As long as we give them the fuel, they will throw us in the fire.

Wake up - let's take ownership of this and weed it out of Ibrox.

yet.........

The club coming out against the fans is not the leadership we need.

It's really time for the club to grow a spine and defend us while giving very clear guidelines about acceptable behaviour.

The fans are crying out to be lead.

I concede we shouldn't sing TBB on European nights but it goes far deeper than this.

Our club, our heritage, our history and culture remain under constant attack.

And we need a motivated group to set up something akin to FARE and go after Timmy.
Constant attack by bigots who want us socially ethnically cleansed. It is that bad.
They are the bigots. Fare. BBC. Et al.

Not us.
We are singing comparitive songs to all other acceptable football chants.

It's an attempt to silence anyone bar the Catholic and 19th Century Terrorist voice in our country and should be presented as such. To UEFA, by the club.
Open that fucking can of worms and present it to the whole Euro media. English included.
We are the subject of daily sectarian attacks.

Last edited:
I'm far from saying its being caused by youth. Its been caused by people like my father and uncles who are still stuck in the FTP and IRA days. And yes, this may have passed on to some youngsters.

Why go to a Rangers game to shout about a pope and a terrorist organisation? We have catholic players FFS, do they think about showing them respect?

We need our fans to get a grip. So many GREAT RANGERS SONGS that are no longer sung because shite loyalist songs with add-ons have clawed their way into the song book.

Sorry mate, last message came across as anger directly at yourself. Calmed down a bit now and took a step back.

My point was I suppose aimed more at general posters. They go on about how it was fine in the old days when the reality was the fans got the club banned from Europe. The UB take an utter hammering here, but the same ones didn't take heed when warned back in the 70's. I get the same from older fans in the pub, my dad etc blaming all Rangers ills on the young supporters and to be honest I think it could reach the point where young supporters are so disillusioned that they stop following the club.

Do we have to close a stand or a section with at least 3000 seats?

I.e. could we close just CD7 and 6?

So its just that mob that get fine after fine,not even read through this thread but no one at UEFA could tell you what songs are deemed offensive unless some 19th Century Terrorist is behind it,what a friggin joke we are being pissed on here from a very high height.

2 songs and 2 songs only that can land us in bother, The Billy boys and We are Rangers, Super Rangers. Change the word 19th Century Terrorist to any list of words and all’s fine. Rebel isn’t sectarian and is what my late granda always called them.

The support quite simply need to stop singing the Billy Boys the FTP at the end of the Sash and the add ons to Simply The Best, if we don't then the club will be hammered. This is only the start of it. When we need Ibrox rocking against the Poles, we now find ourselves with 3k less fans in the stadium. Yes FARE are scum and target the club but the club's hands are tied. We need to screw the nut and stop hurting ourselves and the club. I say this as someone who has sang these songs for donkeys years and think TBB is the most stirring song in football.

There is also Super Rangers and No Pope of Rome mate.

The club are coming out hard against the fans who continue to sing these dirges.

strong response to it expected later apparently

About bloody time the board hit the fans who continually take no notice at all to what the board are trying to do.

We have a 15000 strong waiting list. Advise every fan that anyone found taking part in sectarian singing will automatically lose their seat with no refund and ticket offered at pro rata price to next name on waiting list.

The club are paying a heavy price for the neanderthals within our support who still believe singing our party songs at games is their "right". The time for the board to act tough is now, pussyfooting around the issue for years has seen little improvement.

When it's happening repeatedly then yes. How long do you think we just accept it while they walk away with nothing and carry on?

If it was just a one time issue then of course I wouldn't expect the club to go down that line. But at this point it certainly seems like a wider issue. Do you disagree and think we are being paranoid?
I think I only care about Rangers and coming out with them doing something won’t help one bit. Some of us have been saying this was coming since we went back into Europe to be met with the implication that the people harming Rangers are somehow better Rangers fans. It’s fucking sickening.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're smarter than that, and you know what song it is and I'm not sure why you're making it out that we don't know what's causing the issue.

Can't tell you the last time I heard UEFA complaints because of Every other Saturday, Blue sea of Ibrox, or Follow Follow (without the add ons). So why do we insist on singing songs that damage our club and then continue to act shocked and outraged when something happens...again.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt also.

My understanding is Build My Gallows was the song that cost us last time.

My point being its not JUST TBB but that's the problem.

WE DONT KNOW WHAT IS AND ISNT ALLOWED.

Sectarian singing has been classified as racism according to the statement. Shut up or dont go.

Separately there is still much to debate in what is sectarian and how it is defined, how it is punished and how it is identified.

We will STILL have utter fucking morons on here saying they will sing and to hell with it.

Right in the middle of the greatest feel-good we have had in almost a decade and we get hit with this because scumbags cannot shut up about a cult that should be fucking consigned to history, not sung about on our stands.

Utterly self defeating stupidity.

I know mate.

And I absolutely accept that we really need to get our act together.

But it does really frustrate me with the lack of objectivity in this country and how an obviously sectarian group ( FARE ) are somehow deemed by UEFA to be objective.

Sorry, rant over.

You're 100% right about it not being a level playing field.

We as the Rangers support probably can't change that. We can however remove all of the offensive songs from our songbook and take away all of the ammunition from those who seek to hurt us.

What's horrific about having to close a section of our stadium?

Is that the question?
Apologies. I thought you meant the statement was horrific.
Think everyone on edge about this.
We have been warned so in a way not a surprise however the fact we cant appeal it plus the scum are i to double figures for offences and just get a paltry fine isnt sitting well.
However we only have ourselves to blame.

Back