UEFA order us to close a stand against Legia

Has it actually been properly defined what is classed as sectarian? If so who defined it as sectarian and with what explanation? Genuine questions.

(Assuming TBB is what has caused this charge)

It can't be that difficult to modify TBB to take out the reference to the word "19th Century Terrorist"?

Change it to "Celtic" and we've still got our anthem.

Two problems with this:

1. You and I both know some will still use the ‘old words’
2. Even if we sung new lyrics the jobsworth from FARE will still report it as ‘a sectarian song’

Fact is we could sit in silence for 90 mins and FARE will report us for something.

Can you enlighten me as to what song you're referring to?. There's plenty I can think of and Im sure Peter Lawell has loads more he doesn't approve of.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're smarter than that, and you know what song it is and I'm not sure why you're making it out that we don't know what's causing the issue.

Can't tell you the last time I heard UEFA complaints because of Every other Saturday, Blue sea of Ibrox, or Follow Follow (without the add ons). So why do we insist on singing songs that damage our club and then continue to act shocked and outraged when something happens...again.

The club cannot defend the indefensible. Even this doesn’t seem to get through to some people. Enough. This has to stop. The fans doing this are just handing our enemies a gift wrapped opportunity

FARE won’t go away. They are not the problem. This level playing field push has to stop.

We have a group of fans that embarrass the club and damage the club. It has to stop

The world has moved on sectarian singing is not acceptable and we need to waken up before the punishments get worse

We have to start excluding fans who can’t change

I don’t disagree HD but when you see much worse being ignored mate, it’s hard.

It's time for the selfish idiots that continue to sing the songs despite being told not to to take a bloody telling and shut up.

Don't blame it on history or culture or whatever, there's no need for it.

It doesnt matter whats going on elsewhere, we need to clean up our own mess before we point fingers.

Idiots, absolute idiots.

Agree 100%
It’s a sad state of play but it’s getting to the stage that people ARE going to start reporting people to that phone number.
What’s the next sanction we will face? Entire stand? Then what? Behind closed doors.
All because of a couple of irrelevant songs from the past and the people clinging on for dear life to them for the best part of 2 decades of being asked BY THE CLUB not to sing them.

We can then start to concentrate on the disparity of sanctions against us. But while we have a section still offending then we haven’t a leg to stand on

I like to think I can take a step back and look fairly upon situations and say we are in the wrong when we are.

I feel this is absolutely unfair and undeserved.

We have come such a long way as a support in my lifetime.

The songs are close to non-existent. With any support there will be the odd one that is heard.

FARE have attended and reported us for every European game since we returned. As most, I’ve been to all these games too and don’t remember shaking my head thinking “stop singing that” at all of those games - not even a few. A FOI request was submitted to gather what games they have attended in Europe - after all, they are ‘Football Against Racism Europe’. No response.

This is an organisation set up absolutely to punish Rangers. Their CEO, Piara Power, is a Celtic fan. His wife, Aasmah Mir from Bearsden and of BBC, is an ardent and passionate Celtic fan (her words). She hates Rangers because of some pish she quotes about links to the BNP which revolts almost every Rangers fan. Not only that, FARE have received payments from Dermot Desmond’s company Onside (it’s a subsidiary of Milestone which he and his son own through Aurum Nominees Ltd - Dermot is a Director).

It’s an absolute f*cking set up.

Yes, stop what’s left of the sectarian singing. But nobody can stand up to this level of scrutiny - we are majorly under a magnifying glass for malicious reasons.

How would anyone fair with a police officer following them everywhere?

Meanwhile, other clubs attack players on the picth. Other clubs are genuinely racist. Yet it’s us again. We won’t be left alone until we’re perfect while others continue without punishment for far worse.

And as for UEFA, and their Zimbabwean processes, you aren’t allowed to challenge them.

Last edited:
Another point, the club have just allowed UEFA to brand the fans racist. We have a black captain and several black players. If the club don't fight this to the fullest then they will be looking at this charge thinking what the %^*& am I playing for? The word race immediately conjures up black/white meaning. The club not clarifying what 'racism' UEFA mean is very dangerous.

Surely they need to produce evidence and can't just go on a report from a clearly one sided organisation.

Anyone could go in and write a report about anything they wanted.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you're smarter than that, and you know what song it is and I'm not sure why you're making it out that we don't know what's causing the issue.

Can't tell you the last time I heard UEFA complaints because of Every other Saturday, Blue sea of Ibrox, or Follow Follow (without the add ons). So why do we insist on singing songs that damage our club and then continue to act shocked and outraged when something happens...again.

There are two other songs we sing that I can think of that would be deemed sectarian Gaz.

Super Rangers & No pope of Rome are sectarian.

I like to think I can take a step back and look fairly upon situations and say we are in the wrong when we are.

The songs are close to non-existent. With any support there will be the odd one that is heard.

FARE have attended and reported us for every European game since we returned. As most, I’ve been to all these games two and don’t remember shaking my head thinking “stop singing that” at all of those games - not even a few. A FOI request was submitted to gather what games they have attended in Europe - after all, they are ‘Football Against Racism Europe’. No response.

This is an organisation set up absolutely to punish Rangers. Their CEO, Piara Power, is a Celtic fan. His wife, Aasmah Mir from Bearsden and of BBC, is an ardent and passionate Celtic fan (her words). She hates Rangers because of some pish she quotes about links to the BNP which revolts almost every Rangers fan. Not only that, FARE have received payments from Dermot Desmond’s company Onside (it’s a subsidiary of Milestone which he and his son own through Aurum Nominees Ltd - Dermot is a Director).

Yes, stop what’s left of the sectarian singing. But nobody can stand up to this level of scrutiny - we are majorly under a magnifying glass for malicious reasons.

Meanwhile, other clubs attack players on the picth. Other clubs are genuinely racist. Yet it’s us again. We won’t be left alone until we’re perfect while others continue without punishment for far worse.

And as for UEFA, and their Zimbabwean processes, you aren’t allowed to challenge them.

This needs shared far and wide.

Remember this is coming from a woman who was caught in the middle of a crowd abusing British soldiers and singing “get the Brits out now”.

Have UEFA told us to close a stand or we maybe asked to close a stand.havn,t read the full thread .sorry for asking.

FARE have attended and reported us for every European game since we returned. As most, I’ve been to all these games two and don’t remember shaking my head thinking “stop singing that” at all of those games - not even a few. A FOI request was submitted to gather what games they have attended in Europe - after all, they are ‘Football Against Racism Europe’. No response.

Spot on sir.

Idiots on here indulging in whataboutery ,these are the type of folk that have king billy dish towels hanging up .

Drop the generational sectarianism ,stop hurting the club .

“Aye but ma da taught me they songs ,a grew up wi them “ then your da is the problem son ,time to change ,if you feel like you can’t change then leave .

This needs shared far and wide.

Remember this is coming from a woman who was caught in the middle of a crowd abusing British soldiers and singing “get the Brits out now”.

Lets get specific.

I would like to see the evidence used by UEFA

I would like them how this evidence became classed as offensive and/or racist.

the club then need to also get specific.

What songs exactly are banned
Which add ons are banned.

Now I know we could all guess this but that seems to be the ongoing problem.

Lets get specific, and if this is the kick up the ass that some of our fans needed then lets make it work
There are no songs banned only some words, FTP or any reference to him, and our old favourite 19th Century Terrorist blood, loads of great battle hymns that get the point across.

I go to Ibrox to support Rangers and sing Rangers songs.

Why a sizable minority feel the urge to bring the IRA, celtic and 19th Century Terrorists into things is beyond me, and don't get me started on our lot keeping Bobby Sands memory in the public eye.

Maybe this will be the wakeup call to stop singing about stuff that has nothing to do with our club.

You were warned. You called every one of us that said to stop it handwringers. Now the club is actively losing revenue because of your selfish obsession with Irish politics and/or religion. That makes you someone who is actively harming our club.

I'll say it nicely - please stop singing about 19th Century Terrorist, the IRA, the pope, catholics. Please do sing about Rangers, Rangers players from the past, our manager, our current team, our magnificent stadium. Its not difficult.

Agreed

No whataboutery from me, I couldn’t care less what others do or sing

Take this as a ‘line in sand moment’

DROP TBB and the ‘add ons’ before it gets worse

UEFA have acted & others will be itching to do so

Put Rangers First

Sorry but you're just not getting it. Its not just TBB and add ons. This is about songs like FF and many others.

Ive posted on here numerous times that the club needs to sit down with supporters's club reps, Club 1872, SLO and others to decide what is and isnt acceptable eg Rule Britannia, the Sash, FF, WATP etc etc.

Its just not good enough to say dont sing add ons or FTP. We need a proper discussion and agreement. Nothing else will work.

Tin hat on here will this have an effect on the players next week seeing an empty stand when the four sides of Ibrox should be bouncing.

No need for a tin hat mate of course it will. The club need to stop playing FF and simply the best as well because too many idiots will never learn

Fair enough if we are to punished, however Celtic have been reported countless times over the years and haven't had anywhere near the severe sanction that we have had.

Maybe fans need to learn to fucking stop singing TBB, at least in Europe ?
To be honest we need to stop singing it altogether we have been told it's ''sectarian '' we know it's not , but it needs to stop, we are only going to damage the club

I have no idea, sadly, how we stop the openly biased 19th Century Terrorists of FARE from getting in. Can club identify them?

First step would be to ban the vermin from FARE; then ask what the 'racism' refers to; then ask how many fines/incidents one needs before action is taken, as 14 seems a lot for nothing to have been done. Also maybe ask how PSV away (last time) was singled out when TBB was NOT sung in Eindhoven.

But no, we'll bend over and lube up.
Do we actually know who works for fare.do they just buy a ticket or do UEFA give them a ticket.

Will the club comment on the "hun" song last night sang in Poland, does Fares ears pick this up.

Our club was weak when Queers was cajoled by O'Squeal to go to UEFA and take on the billy boys, we should have said no, until every club in europe song sheet is looked at, goodness French national anthem is about killing the rebels and watering the fields of france with their blood.

You appear to just not get it and you appear to not be alone sadly hence why we’re at this point of costing the club tens of thousands of £s and innocent supporters their enjoyment of the game...we’re in their sights and we’re passing them the ammunition!!! It’s time we stop our questionable behaviour and songbook & by all means once we do just that then we go after our enemies with facts and do it loudly!

TBB needs to be cut out from the inside of Ibrox entirely. There is no place for it now inside the stadium ...if people want to sing it, sing it outside the ground!

Does FARE stand for 19th Century Terrorists Against Rangers in Europe?

A load of absolute bollocks. The poets are far worse at this than we are - why don't they get a stand shut?

I am struggling to get my head around why, if the offence took place on 18th of July at St.Josephs match , why has it taken so long to bring the charges as we have played another two home Europa qualifying matches, could the stand closure not applied to the Midtjyland match.
Are they trying to make it as difficult as possible for us to qualify.
At the end of the day the songs with the add ons have to stop as it is harming us on all levels.
But when did liewell get catapulted into the 4 man eufa committee- has this any bearing on the timing on the decision to close part of Ibrox?

To be honest we need to stop singing it altogether we have been told it's ''sectarian '' we know it's not , but it needs to stop, we are only going to damage the club
This is what confuses me mate.the Billy boys is classed as sectarian I assume because of the word fienian. But Celtic have a banner with the word fienian army and sang paddy McCourt fienian army .but that down,t seem to be sectarian.

Has it actually been properly defined what is classed as sectarian? If so who defined it as sectarian and with what explanation? Genuine questions.
I'm guessing FARE have reported our support were guilty of anti Irish racism and sectarian singing. UEFA believe them, and now we are punished with closure of parts of our ground.
It is a problem that that what constitutes anti Irish racism and sectarianism is never fully defined. Spelling it out would help a lot of people in our support.

I go to Ibrox to support Rangers and sing Rangers songs.

Why a sizable minority feel the urge to bring the IRA, celtic and 19th Century Terrorists into things is beyond me, and don't get me started on our lot keeping Bobby Sands memory in the public eye.

Maybe this will be the wakeup call to stop singing about stuff that has nothing to do with our club.

You were warned. You called every one of us that said to stop it handwringers. Now the club is actively losing revenue because of your selfish obsession with Irish politics and/or religion. That makes you someone who is actively harming our club.

I'll say it nicely - please stop singing about 19th Century Terrorist, the IRA, the pope, catholics. Please do sing about Rangers, Rangers players from the past, our manager, our current team, our magnificent stadium. Its not difficult.

Its not that simple unfortunately. Is FF ok for example? It mentions Dublin and our good friend Gerry McNee wanted it banned. Will FARE allow it? What about Rule Britannia or God Save the Queen? What about the Sash etc etc?

The warnings have been there but no -

we'll sing what we want
They can't punish us - what about free speech
What about what celtic fans sing
FARE are treating us unfairly

TBB, No pope of rome and that horrific line about fxxking bobby sands, he's deid.

No fxxking more.

Sing Rangers songs.

A new songbook is needed urgently.

Now is the chance for the Union Bears to stand up and show they are men. They create most of the atmosphere - sing Rangers songs and cut the crap and the add ons.

Bold part is interesting, any links to this?

This summarises things perfectly for me.

We need to stop these songs immediately but the club need to ensure that objectivity is created in this process.

So from now on Rangers are to sell people tickets but they might not get into the game. A dangerous precedent has been set here and when all is said and done FARE have an agenda/witch-hunt against the club or we would see others being punished for similar actions.

The support quite simply need to stop singing the Billy Boys the FTP at the end of the Sash and the add ons to Simply The Best etc, if we don't then the club will be hammered. This is only the start of it. When we need Ibrox rocking against the Poles, we now find ourselves with 3k less fans in the stadium. Yes FARE are scum and target the club but the club's hands are tied. We need to screw the nut and stop hurting ourselves and the club. I say this as someone who has sang these songs for donkeys years and think TBB is the most stirring song in football.

Last edited:
Another point, the club have just allowed UEFA to brand the fans racist. We have a black captain and several black players. If the club don't fight this to the fullest then they will be looking at this charge thinking what the %^*& am I playing for? The word race immediately conjures up black/white meaning. The club not clarifying what 'racism' UEFA mean is very dangerous.

it says sectarian singing in brackets beside racism

Back