We have to drown out TBB with boos

You say this but the whole stadium will be singing it on the 1st September.

The amount of hypocrites on here today is astounding.
The tims are cute bastards,
They say it’s only the Groin Brigade that sing stuff when it’s the whole lot of them
The make out it’s a minority for them and all of us

Regarding TBB. Change couple of words directed from club. The majority would sing the new verse and drown out those who dont. Its not rocket science but the support must have direction from club. Its ok saying dont sing it but there will be those who do therefore we need an alternative.

You can't. Uefa have been clear it's banned in all forms. It's not difficult to understand. Sing it and we're getting done, you don't need to get to the 'offensive' part

If some idiot tries to get this going next Thursday or in Europe in general then they deserve more than booed.

If you sing these songs then you are a enemy of the club.

That's just where we are.

How about domestically? I’ve seen posts on here the day saying to chin anyone that sings a song deemed unacceptable. If the tims start their I ran away pish at Ibrox I’ll probably sing a song deemed unacceptable. I might get a rap on the jaw but as long as who never throws it knows it’s got a spring on it and expect a bang back. Fecking disgrace saying fans should sort other fans out with violence.

You can't. Uefa have been clear it's banned in all forms. It's not difficult to understand. Sing it and we're getting done, you don't need to get to the 'offensive' part
In which case why is it ok for other teams to sing similar versions. Do Uefa actually know what they are talking about.

Your shitey patter is 100% posturing. Anyone engaging in 'you're not a real fan' nonsense has either run out of well thought out responses or never had the privilege of conceiving one.

It is well thought out though. If you're insistant on singing a song we've been told can lead to stand closures, stadium closures or expulsion from European competition, then your at the very least you're a selfish narcissist. Supporter of the football club you are very far from

It’s just going to be about the singing when we beat the mentally challengeds the majority of our stadium will be singing it. As well as Super Rangers.

Can we not just change the word 19th Century Terrorist with celtic or is that too simple? Same song, one word change, still a great battle crt

Ok. So why will you sing it?
Because it's part of our history our culture its our battle song all fine and well saying don't sing it but it will be sung pushed folk Will join in and it will happen. Personally I think all of this is ott we are offending a couple of faux offended republican wankers and our own support are happy to scalp each other rather than realise all of this is being manufactured by people outside the club.

Fwiw. If this wee shitehole becomes independent will you be on the bandwagon to banning rule brittania?

It is well thought out though. If you're insistant on singing a song we've been told can lead to stand closures, stadium closures or expulsion from European competition, then your at the very least you're a selfish narcissist. Supporter of the football club you are very far from
Where am I insisting on singing the BB? Maybe that part of your response wasn't very well thought out. I say that we should stop singing it above, for example. I stopped reading after that error as I assumed the rest of your post was likely nonsense .

Boo TBB?? A rangers anthem of ours, our fathers and there fathers before that. A rousing song that has urged many rangers team on when times were tough

I dont know if its the soft attitude if people in 2019 but i just cannae believe a song causes so much offence. If the shoes on the other foot i dont give a F%ck what the manky mob sing

We know there's no offence, but there are many out there who seek to cause us harm.

We need to be smart, we don't need songs of TBB''s, the Pope, Bobby Sands or the IRA. Celebrate and sing of who and what we are.

The bigger picture, which many fail to see, the continual trashing of our brand will not help to attract sponsors and further investment into our club.

Ask yourself this, who does that benefit?

TBB must stay, fantastic anthem that gets the ground rocking. If the Club got together with Club 1872 and other fan groups, changed a few lyrics and handed out leaflets, released statements along with word of mouth and a bit of self policing, it absolutely can be done!

This!

Fucking booing TBB.. some people really are playing into the haters hands.

Dont mention a certain word and they cant do anything, despite what some on here say.

%^*& FARE and %^*& UEFA.

Where am I insisting on singing the BB? Maybe that part of your response wasn't very well thought out. I say that we should stop singing it above, for example. I stopped reading after that error as I assumed the rest of your post was likely nonsense .

That's great mate you're not reading so you won't need to respond to this then, but all your postings tonight are full of the typical arrogance and complete lack of awareness of societal issues that lead to the songs/chants being sung that uefa are now carpeting us for. The club have called it out, but you crack on.

Hmmmm there's a link here somewhere wonder who it could be...fat, sleekit Pete we seem to have done something to annoy him, well fare play Pete but be safe in the knewledge that your team team is in for Hell on and off the Park.

That's great mate you're not reading so you won't need to respond to this then, but all your postings tonight are full of the typical arrogance and complete lack of awareness of societal issues that lead to the songs/chants being sung that uefa are now carpeting us for. The club have called it out, but you crack on.
I am saying we should stop singing BB and saying 19th Century Terrorist. How is that showing a lack of awareness at the situation (which is us being charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist). I truly don't have a lack of awareness of societal issues and could prove that pretty easily, I'm just not so quick to bend over completely. Thanks for reading my posts with such interest.

I am saying we should stop singing BB and saying 19th Century Terrorist. How is that showing a lack of awareness at the situation (which is us being charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist). I truly don't have a lack of awareness of societal issues and could prove that pretty easily, I'm just not so quick to bend over completely. Thanks for reading my posts with such interest.

You're welcome.

At the December game against them I was on the seats with tears in my eyes hugging my nephew and I was belting the Billy Boys out from the soles of my feet,
I did the exact same the last game. However, it needs to stop for the good of the club.

Last edited:
The BB is our anthem? A song which doesn't reference Rangers or football. No thanks.
We already have a club anthem which, unfortunately, has been bastardised with references to the Pope and the Vatican.

I know we are to ignore the other mob from the East... but chances are

1. Celtc fans will sing The Billy Boys in defiance and mockery

2. Celtc fans will have a banner next week, if not this week, with the word 19th Century Terrorist on it - in mockery again or support of themselves

Who f*cking cares what they do, we win when we win, not when we sing songs, we've got a massive nine days ahead of us and this is a huge distraction, blow them away on the park and make some serious noise off it without singing about them and we'll see who's laughing next Sunday evening!

Ive read all the replies to this thread and i just dont understand why you wouldnt boo a song that is a detriment to our club. Cause no matter how much you love the song it is unfortunately a cancer that needs ripped out . TBB is now used against us and hurts the club we all love. Stop singing it in any form.

It's not just the billy boys though is it? If it was just this, chances are the club would have come out again and said stop singing TBB. The issue will be with alot more than just TBB.
We are Rangers is just as bad.We are crisis point now.The fkn gloves are off so we either change the words to something that is zero offensive or stop singing the songs altogether.Thems the choices I'm afraid.

We should have defended this from the very start.

19th Century Terrorist is not sectarian.

They have banners proclaiming their allegiance FFS!

Maybe it’s just folk that would rather the necessary changes were made to benefit the Club, rather than coming across as petulant wanks that want to do whatever they like regardless of the consequences because they’ve followed the team ‘for decades’.
Or year or two since their Maw let them out with bus fare.

Mibbees I'm taken out of context here in that since we were told not to sing the Billy Boys I have not sung it in our ground.

But, to sing it inside when the directive was not to sing it I have upheld what our club has asked.

Anywhere else, now that's another matter.
So are you saying that you go to away grounds and belt it out?
What you do in private is your business but please think carefully about singing it publicly. Folk have already acquired police records.

How about domestically? I’ve seen posts on here the day saying to chin anyone that sings a song deemed unacceptable. If the tims start their I ran away pish at Ibrox I’ll probably sing a song deemed unacceptable. I might get a rap on the jaw but as long as who never throws it knows it’s got a spring on it and expect a bang back. Fecking disgrace saying fans should sort other fans out with violence.
Does your carer know that you have internet access?

Unbelievable!!!
Why not change couple of words that offend the little delicate flowers?
No ban the song!
In fact just ban all songs for rangers supporters.
Pandering to the catholic’s that’s what they want!
I’ve not got a problem with changing words but banning every song that mentions pope,19th Century Terrorist and wat ever else offends them which is everything .its not alright way me!
Ooohhh whataboutery!!
Well sorry but it can’t be all one way!!! Level playing field for all.
Because the imbeciles won’t stop singing what they want to sign regardless of any “changes”
They’ve had years to change, they won’t. To the detriment of our club

That's fine, but about 80% of the songs sung regularly at Ibrox are not 'Rangers songs' by that definition. You reckon there's a hope in hell of stopping them all?
Not as long as their are enough morons around that only care for singing songs irrelevant to Rangers and damn the consequences.

Latest posts

Back