This is what they wanted.

The stronger we get as a club the dirtier their tricks get to try and hamper our progress. We have shot ourselves in the foot again due to our choice of somgbook. We need to protect our club as much as humanly possible and that should start this minute. From now on we use our head and give our enemies no room to stick their ever sharpening knife in.

Please cut it out!!

Out club needs us to toe the line Bears, let's not let them down. Steven Gerrard has worked wonders restoring our reputation on the continent in the last couple of seasons. Lets not let him and the players down by getting them booted out of the competition. Because make no mistake here, they will be hoping we keep on singing those words so they can keep on punishing us untill that is what happens.

They should be grabbed by the scruff of the neck and dragged down and booted on to the track for the stewards to pick up .
They are not welcome so fxxk right off .
People won't know what to sing in case we get into more bother and the place will be like a morgue.. Club should hand out sheets with proper lyrics to songs actually about Rangers and songs for the players etc.

Some people might find it cringey but it's better than getting sanctioned more heavily again. Obviously self policing is also gonna be needed on thu night. Do people actually think Steven Gerrard will want to hang around if he's having to deal with shit like this.

Why should we stop mentioning the Pope because we were charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist? Genuine question. I agree with you on all things related to the word 19th Century Terrorist.

That word doesn’t relate to RC’s it relates to enemy’s of Great Britain that’s the dictionary definition. I agree we simply cannot sing the battle hymns of yester year but by never standing up for anything successive boards have let this situation happen. I’m well aware it will be seen as ‘whataboutery’ but how can the scum and several other clubs get away with what they’ve got away with whilst a select few including us are charged. I like Rangers to actually ask that question but off course they won’t which actually assists those who are giving us a kicking. And for the avoidance of doubt my singing years at a football match are 40 years behind me.

What do you mean by shot ourselves on the foot?

See this p1sh you are talking about? Can you point me to a post you made in the aftermath of that match that YOU made saying we could potentially be in trouble?

Can you point me to threads in the following days that said we were getting it for singing a naughty song?

I think you're going to be found wanting.

I stand to be corrected.

We are in dungeon deep because of our management.

We shouldn't allow UNFARE in our stadium.

But then again, a proper management would have been monitoring and 'dossiering' these vermin from day one.

Mate, it’s not up to me to point out after games where we might get done.

Back in 2005/6 or whenever it was the BB was banned it did disappear. It has crept back in over the last few years.

We were warned then it was a banned song so we were welled warned tbh.

Ibrox is not a hotbed of bigotry, get rid of these few songs and we can all move on.

That word doesn’t relate to RC’s it relates to enemy’s of Great Britain that’s the dictionary definition. I agree we simply cannot sing the battle hymns of yester year but by never standing up for anything successive boards have let this situation happen. I’m well aware it will be seen as ‘whataboutery’ but how can the scum and several other clubs get away with what they’ve got away with whilst a select few including us are charged. I like Rangers to actually ask that question but off course they won’t which actually assists those who are giving us a kicking. And for the avoidance of doubt my singing years at a football match are 40 years behind me.
I don't think it should be a word we are being charged for, and think they club should run at this charge 100%, but if that's what they are sanctioning us for then we need to knock it on the head until our defence is in place. Letting this go by without challenge is worse than anything the fans are doing.

A word they proudly use to describe themselves. However weve been told previously not to use it and already had this punishment for it.
And therein lies the problem mate."We've" been told not to use it but "they" can.Very dangerous ground I think.It's either banned for all or not at all.Parity.

Let's for a second imagine uefa and FARE, along with celtic and hollicom are behind this as some people are saying... Then job done, as look at this board today.

We're playing our best football in years, mounting a real challenge, bringing new life to the club and for the first time in a long time they're scared.

Rather than bickering about the board standing up for the fans, or what can we/can't we sing, it's times like today we need to stand together and remember we're all in this as one.

Nobody likes us, we don't care? Well let's make sure things like this don't divide our support who have been amazing this year in backing the team.

We will get 55, It will break them, but we all need to stick together to make sure the team get there with our help.
The timing of this couldnt have been better for them as we're on incredible form, this is a tactic to dull out the Ibrox atmosphere in a massive game for us which would bring a lucrative sum of money into the club for the 2nd season runnin. Coincidence? I think not

The feel good factor around the club has taken a real hit today.

A really poor and damaging day for the club.

Timing couldn’t have been worse ahead of, arguably, two season defining fixtures in the next 10 days.

It’s very very important the we as a support stay together and back the team in a positive manner. Rangers songs only please, let’s do our club proud

Reactions: M@x
A number of our own fans have caused more damage than any Sports Direct court case ever could. For years our return has been hampered by that b*stard Ashley and now when we seem to be in a good place it's our own doing the damage. For years we've had young fans including my own son not able to wear kits because of that parasite, today feels a hell of a lot worse than that. Was hard enough for parents telling kids they're not getting a kit so can only imagine them getting told the same about no longer being allowed to go to a game on Thursday and trying to explain why. Following the Gers keeps so many folks hope's and dreams alive, the guys singing these songs are pissing over them all.

Let's for a second imagine uefa and FARE, along with celtic and hollicom are behind this as some people are saying... Then job done, as look at this board today.

We're playing our best football in years, mounting a real challenge, bringing new life to the club and for the first time in a long time they're scared.

Rather than bickering about the board standing up for the fans, or what can we/can't we sing, it's times like today we need to stand together and remember we're all in this as one.

Nobody likes us, we don't care? Well let's make sure things like this don't divide our support who have been amazing this year in backing the team.

We will get 55, It will break them, but we all need to stick together to make sure the team get there with our help.
There's far too many people pointing fingers rather than taking responsibility as a support. All I've seen is cowardly behaviour all day. %^*& being in the trenches with half our support that's all I can say. Fwiw I agree we need to box clever

Because he’s got nothing to do with our Club
That is both entirely correct and woefully naive. It's a complex issue.

There's a division between the 'Club, i.e., commercial entity' and the 'Club, i.e., supporters, history, and associated [etc.]. It's the source of a lot of the arguments on here right now, and probably always will be.

That is both entirely correct and woefully naive. It's a complex issue.

There's a division between the 'Club, i.e., commercial entity' and the 'Club, i.e., supporters, history, and associated [etc.]. It's the source of a lot of the arguments on here right now, and probably always will be.

Nothing naive about it mate. Even if you are the staunchest Protestant to ever walk this earth the Pope has absolutely nothing to do with you.

Why should we stop mentioning the Pope because we were charged for saying 19th Century Terrorist? Genuine question. I agree with you on all things related to the word 19th Century Terrorist.
Oh come on to feck!
You think singing about the pope is ok?
Really?

Oh come on to feck!
You think singing about the pope is ok?
Really?
100%. We weren't cited for it in a match where it was sung and we were cited for other things. What;s your evidence it'd be an issue? Any previous bans for it you know about?

This is just the beginning of what they want. If anyone attempts to 'self-police' their fellow fans, then we'll really see some shit.
Well it
People won't know what to sing in case we get into more bother and the place will be like a morgue.. Club should hand out sheets with proper lyrics to songs actually about Rangers and songs for the players etc.

Some people might find it cringey but it's better than getting sanctioned more heavily again. Obviously self policing is also gonna be needed on thu night. Do people actually think Steven Gerrard will want to hang around if he's having to deal with shit like this.
Every Saturday we follow, blue sea of Ibrox, Wolverhampton Town, 4 lads had a dream, every other Saturday, Buffalo Soldier (Alfredo Alfredo), follow follow, if you cannae dae the bouncy, oh the bluebells are blue, simply the best, penny arcade and probably maymoe

Go and watch somebody else and sing about the pope and anything else you want.
I've been watching Rangers for decades so am settled now. Cheers, though. I love how some on here think me saying 'x isn't banned/getting cited' (when it isn't) equates to 'I love singing that tune and I'll sing it at every match forever regardless of the impact'.

I've been watching Rangers for decades so am settled now. Cheers, though.
Good stuff.
So, you’ll join me in refusing to put that pastime, that obsession, in danger and refrain from singing any song or any word in any song that could be challenged?

Good stuff.
So, you’ll join me in refusing to put that pastime, that obsession, in danger and refrain from singing any song or any word in any song that could be challenged?
I will refrain from singing any word which will lead to my football club being cited, and as an adult with a professional job don't tend to join in with such things anyway. What I won't do is incite or promote the incorrect notion that half our songbook is banned and that we should be ashamed of our club. Over-reacting to the charge is as bad as dismissing it.

100%. We weren't cited for it in a match where it was sung and we were cited for other things. What;s your evidence it'd be an issue? Any previous bans for it you know about?
I'm a grown man and not a daft wee boy and know that singing about the pope or Bobby Sands etc has no place at the game. It's got feck all to do with Rangers. We all know what's right or wrong. The fact you would want to even test the water with singing about the pope after today is fecking stupid.

I'm a grown man and not a daft wee boy and know that singing about the pope or Bobby Sands etc has no place at the game. It's got feck all to do with Rangers. We all know what's right or wrong. The fact you would want to even test the water with singing about the pope after today is fecking stupid.
Fine, I agree with much of that, but that's not the point. The issue is 'what will we be charged for' and we won't be charged for that. As we won't be charged for that I file it under 'not my fuking business' if people say it. I'm not in the business of policing the language of our supporters when what they are saying isn't directly harmful to the club.

I will refrain from singing any word which will lead to my football club being cited, and as an adult with a professional job don't tend to join in with such things anyway. What I won't do is incite or promote the incorrect notion that half our songbook is banned and that we should be ashamed of our club. Over-reacting to the charge is as bad as dismissing it.
The emboldened bit, I get.
I’m in a similar position.
That said, I think you’re being, at best, naive, if you really believe singing about the pope is okay because it hasn’t been mentioned as prohibited.

If you feel that strongly about wanting to get shit about the Pope off your chest away and do it in tesco or wherever else apart from Ibrox!
I've been moaning all day about how idiots keep confusing my clear comment of 'we haven't been or won't be charged for saying that' with 'HurR I wAn'T tO sinG about the Pope and they won't let me'. I didn't moan loud enough, clearly.

The emboldened bit, I get.
I’m in a similar position.
That said, I think you’re being, at best, naive, if you really believe singing about the pope is okay because it hasn’t been mentioned as prohibited.

I can;t be naive and correct at the same time, surely. (and I am correct on this one).

I've been moaning all day about how idiots keep confusing my clear comment of 'we haven't been or won't be charged for saying that' with 'HurR I wAn'T tO sinG about the Pope and they won't let me'. I didn't moan loud enough, clearly.
You pissed?

I think as a support we need to get well away from the Pope, IRA and Bobby fucking sands.

It’s childish and embarrassing.

It has NOTHING to do with Rangers Football Club.

Has singing about the Pope at the football achieved anything for yourself? I don't know what your aim of continuing to sing it is so maybe you can let us all know what you hope to achieve?

If we handle this correctly in the same way Northern Ireland fans did , it could be exactly what our haters DIDNT want .

A Rangers support loud and proud and untouchable. That’s our aim .

Because WTF does the Pope have to do with Rangers Football CLub?!?! Why don't people go to church if they want to discuss/sing about the Pope.

As someone who is non-religious it completely baffles me as to why we bring him into a footballing context.

Well answer the question, what place does FTP, TBB and an assortment of other sectarian songs have at football grounds when Rangers are in attendance?

We might just be the one and only support in whole World who can sing from 1st to 90th minute and not one song is a genuine club song, we think singing anti Catholic songs is something to be proud of. Always found this very strange.

What are anti catholic songs?

What place do these sectarians songs actual have at Ibrox? In any decent country they would have been banned decades ago.

The lawmakers in this country have let both sides of the sectarian divide in west of Scotland away with murder for far too long that now an entitlement mentality exists regarding our party songs. With their action yesterday UEFA have perhaps thrown the gaunlet down to the footballing authorities in Scotland and don't be surprised if they now feel emboldened to start punishing us if we step out of line. We have stuck two fingers up to the authorities with the slow creep over the past couple of season with the banned TBB - singing it tomorrow and the call for punishment will be overwhelming.

We have been warned, it is now serious, the only question is have we listened and understood the message. The answer will be seen tomorrow.

Back