Songs this Sunday ?

Maybe we could get some clarity on the definition of the rules/limitations before we ban the whole song book, fall out, and start flagellating ourselves.

any song with 19th Century Terrorist or ftp i would imagine

what others could they go for

Stick to blue sea of Ibrox, follow follow, the blue flag and four lads had a dream. Keep it simple, follow your team!

Surely not
Especially after our manager has just commented on it surely fucking not.
I would expect the club to be big on announcements pre-match and you’d expect the police and stewards will be on the front foot.

Hopefully the fans behave.

I think we know what will happen. As with modern away fans, there will be drink, there will be drugs and people won’t be able to help themselves
And then the club will act and refuse all away tickets.No way will the club risk a points deduction as the SFA are sitting with wet fannies bursting to do it.So fire in boys.

we have got away with it in the league but now SFA's thinkin will be if UEFA can do it we will do it

If that’s the case a few clubs will be hit with sanctions then. The sfa won’t touch it not got the minerals. If it where a case of only us they’d be all over it but a few clubs would be dragged in Celtic included so that’s not going to happen.

If we sing TBB on Sunday can anything actually happen? The Europa League has strict liability but im certain the SPL doesnt?

Sunday will be fine. Last time this came in on 2005/6 everyone was belting out kumbaya at the next game.

If I get a ticket (still looking btw!) I'm not singing any songs, just to be on the safe side.

If I get a ticket (still looking btw!) I'm not singing any songs, just to be on the safe side.
Have you facebook'd supporter's groups? If you meet any half-decent sized bus you'll get a ticket no bother. I;m not suggesting them as a sure thing but the Granite City Loyal have a lot of members/are at the ground early.

How can you possibly say FTP is fine?

I’m sure the club will agree eh?

Mindblowing stupidity. I’m sorry but it is.

I'm not saying it is fine/polite/desired. I am saying we won't get sanctioned by UEFA for saying it, therefore in the context of not getting sanctioned by UEFA, it is fine. I understand your mind is blown so it appears stupidity to you. Apologies for that.

Re. point 2, would the club approve of you saying '%^*& Neil Lennon'? No. Would they ban it? No. It seems a non-sequitur but I am trying to say that they won't 'approve' distasteful comments, but that comment isn't banned by club, law, or football governing body. Do you think the mentally challengeds are banned from saying 'F*ck the Queen'?

I'm not saying it is fine/polite/desired. I am saying we won't get sanctioned by UEFA for saying it, therefore in the context of not getting sanctioned by UEFA, it is fine. I understand your mind is blown so it appears stupidity to you. Apologies for that.

Re. point 2, would the club approve of you saying '%^*& Neil Lennon'? No. Would they ban it? No.

How do you know this?

I’m pretty sure Uefa won’t take kindly to an anti religious leader chant.

The pope and Neil Lennon are both slimy <unts but one is a football manager the other is a religious leader, therefore it’s not hard to imagine why uefa would come down on one more than the other.

Common sense is all it is.

How do you know this?

I’m pretty sure Uefa won’t take kindly to an anti religious leader chant.

The pope and Neil Lennon are both slimy <unts but one is a football manager the other is a religious leader, therefore it’s not hard to imagine why uefa would come down on one more than the other.

Common sense is all it is.
We were banned for singing the word '19th Century Terrorist' (Super Rangers, TBB) in a match where we also sang 'Bought a Flute', so '%^*& the pope' is fine by this precedent. I also think it would be a protected religious statement but really can't be bothered going into that.

Advising correction beyond the scope of the charge is, I'm afraid, textbook panty-wetting.

we have got away with it in the league but now SFA's thinkin will be if UEFA can do it we will do it

There is nothing the SFA can do.... as long as Strict liability is not in place then we are pretty much free to sing what we want...as we have done all season..
You can bet your last fiver though that they will be doing everything in their power to have thisnin place next season so they can take us to the cleaners over this...

We were banned for singing the word '19th Century Terrorist' (Super Rangers, TBB) in a match where we also sang 'Bought a Flute', so '%^*& the pope' is fine by this precedent. I also think it would be a protected religious statement but really can't be bothered going into that.

Advising correction beyond the scope of the charge is, I'm afraid, textbook panty-wetting.
So you’re happy to go on precedents even though you’re aware our enemies just make it up as they go along?

Wouldn’t it be a much safer move dropping all religious stuff?

We don’t really get any benefit from singing about the pope anyway do we?

So you’re happy to go on precedents even though you’re aware our enemies just make it up as they go along?

I’m not for one minute saying we should continue to sing these songs TSB... it needs to stop, my point was that the SFA have nongrounds to punish the club for it.. maybe strict liability would make it happen quicker but we all know it will just be another stick to beat us with... to be clear buddy I’m 100% behind cleaning up out songbook.

Your last two questions are irrelevant and your first one could be fobbed off as conspiracy-stuff. The fact is we were cited for singing the word 19th Century Terrorist (in two different songs) and will be cited again if we do so in a UEFA competition. That's the very real, and very simple, problem we face right now. Correcting that before Thursday is a much harder job than people think.

I’m not for one minute saying we should continue to sing these songs TSB... it needs to stop, my point was that the SFA have nongrounds to punish the club for it.. maybe strict liability would make it happen quicker but we all know it will just be another stick to beat us with... to be clear buddy I’m 100% behind cleaning up out songbook.
Sorry mate that post wasn’t directed at you I meant to reply to LaidlawLoyal, fixed now.

Your last two questions are irrelevant and your first one could be fobbed off as conspiracy-stuff. The fact is we were cited for singing the word 19th Century Terrorist (in two different songs) and will be cited again if we do so in a UEFA competition. That's the very real, and very simple, problem we face right now. Correcting that before Thursday is a much harder job than people think.

I am also all for stopping the singing of anything that could get us in trouble so would drop any songs with 19th Century Terrorist in them until the end of the season and let the club either tell us to stop them altogether or provide us new lyrics.

I'm really not for the opportunistic (and unrealistic) attempts by people to try and turn this unfair slight against our club into an opportunity to sanitise it from top to bottom.

I am also all for stopping the singing of anything that could get us in trouble so would drop any songs with 19th Century Terrorist in them until the end of the season and let the club either tell us to stop them altogether or provide us new lyrics.

I'm really not for the opportunistic (and unrealistic) attempts by people to try and turn this unfair slight against our club into an opportunity to sanitise it from top to bottom.

How do you know what we’ve been cited for this time? There’s every chance it’s because of FTP and you’re happy to take the chance?

It’s not our club that needs ‘sanitising’ it’s the mindsets of some of our support who refuse to put their love of Rangers above their hatred of something else.

How do you know what we’ve been cited for this time? There’s every chance it’s because of FTP and you’re happy to take the chance?

It’s not our club that needs ‘sanitising’ it’s the mindsets of some of our support who refuse to put their love of Rangers above their hatred of something else.
Exactly, you view this as an opportunity to try and make the club and its support more as you'd like it. No harm in that. It's probably admirable, but it won't work. We were cited for TBB and SuperRangers in the home match at St. Joseph's. I know that's what we were cited for as it is a fact. I also know we sang 50p Flute and that we weren't cited for that. It's the word 19th Century Terrorist that is the issue, and that's a pretty big problem for us if it can result in expulsion from the Europa League. Let's deal with that first.

Exactly, you view this as an opportunity to try and make the club and its support more as you'd like it. No harm in that. It's probably admirable, but it won't work. We were cited for TBB and SuperRangers in the home match at St. Joseph's. I know that's what we were cited for as it is a fact. I also know we sang 50p Flute and that we weren't cited for that. It's the word 19th Century Terrorist that is the issue, and that's a pretty big problem for us if it can result in expulsion from the Europa League. Let's deal with that first.

Where are you getting these ‘facts’ from?

I’ve read Uefas comments on our case and they do not mention any specific song?

Maybe we could get some clarity on the definition of the rules/limitations before we ban the whole song book, fall out, and start flagellating ourselves.
That's fine and I support this. The point made yesterday is any future add ons to the remaining songs will find themselves in the bin too. So those who are determined to continue to sing the "words that cause offence to the world" will dwindle down our song book to a couple of shitey phrases like our current managers blue and white army or we are the people. Choices...

That's fine and I support this. The point made yesterday is any future add ons to the remaining songs will find themselves in the bin too. So those who are determined to continue to sing the "words that cause offence to the world" will dwindle down our song book to a couple of shitey phrases like our current managers blue and white army or we are the people. Choices...
The list from 4Lads is being paraded as the final, official, club statement on the songbook. That isn't the case, surely? If there's a club statement to be made to the supporters (and I imagine there will be), the club will make it.

Read the paper in the morning and get back to me.

You mean the Scottish newspapers?

Are you for fucking real?

Should we be going off what our club and uefa say as opposed to newspapers that are all to happy to twist the truth in regards to us?

Mindblowing stupidity yet again. Mate I give up.

The list from 4Lads is being paraded as the final, official, club statement on the songbook. That isn't the case, surely? If there's a club statement to be made to the supporters (and I imagine there will be), the club will make it.
4 lads I think have a bit of an inside scoop. Yes the club need to say which songs are fine and which ones aren't. Anything in grey is out. Any add ons are out any future add ons are out.
Its shit but it has to change.

You mean the Scottish newspapers?

Are you for fucking real?

Should we be going off what our club and uefa say as opposed to newspapers that are all to happy to twist the truth in regards to us?

Mindblowing stupidity yet again. Mate I give up.
You missed my point but you're right to give up. I've clearly read what UEFA have said and what is being written about it. I was implying that you've missed a bit so would rely on said-crap-news. Regardless. I give up too.

4 lads I think have a bit of an inside scoop. Yes the club need to say which songs are fine and which ones aren't. Anything in grey is out. Any add ons are out any future add ons are out.
That's not the case at all though, right? It's anything with the 'F-bomb' in it that's going to cause issues. I've had this conversation three times in an hour so feel free to disagree forcefully but internally. 'A bit of an inside scoop' isn't a club statement and shouldn't be taken as such without a lot of (in this case absent) transparency.

Stick to blue sea of Ibrox, follow follow, the blue flag and four lads had a dream. Keep it simple, follow your team!
cant sing follow follow either mate which is a total disgrace being everything rangers stand for, even follow follow is ruined by the inverted chorus, we just seem to be unable to sing songs about our team without referring to the pope bobby sands 19th Century Terrorists and dont want to be an outcast here but uvf uda 50 pence flute why do we sings these songs at a football match?
i remember one of my earliest games watching rangers, was treated to a scottish cup final against hibs in the early 80s which went to about 3 replays before we won it in the end ,but the point i want to make is, even as a young kid being so excited to see the famous and hear the songs i left hampden that day pissed off coz we never won the cup but also asked my dad ,who was bobby sands ? because all i heard that day was bobby sands was dead and we still keep his memory going even yet, its time to wake up bears, we are ruining all the good work steven gerrad and his team are giving us , the feel good factor has never been so high so we really need to stop this pish and get behind out team
correct me if you want fellow bears but thats the truth and the point im making is , i just wanted to see the rangers and hear rangers songs

You're advocating violence against your fellow fans?
What’s your definition of a “fan”.

Would that include people hell bent on bringing trouble to our club. Or those responsible for 3,000 people not being able to go watch their team on Thursday. The’re not “ fans” to me. And no, I don’t advocate violence. I just wish they would go away.

You missed my point but you're right to give up. I've clearly read what UEFA have said and what is being written about it.

You clearly haven’t pal.

And it doesn’t matter what is being written about it by journalists as they can form their own opinion.

You’re spouting dangerous nonsense on here and claiming it to be ‘fact’ because you’ve read an article in the daily record.

I’ll repeat this once more... UEFA haven’t clarified what songs we’ve been cited for.

It’s not a FACT that we’re ok to sing FTP.

It would only take the smallest amount of common sense to realise it’d be best if we dropped any reference to a religious leader in Rome.

There can be no grey areas anymore, we can’t afford to take risks. It’s as simple as that. Hopefully we all realise this.

You clearly haven’t pal.

And it doesn’t matter what is being written about it by journalists as they can form their own opinion.

You’re spouting dangerous nonsense on here and claiming it to be ‘fact’ because you’ve read an article in the daily record.

I’ll repeat this once more... UEFA haven’t clarified what songs we’ve been cited for.

It’s not a FACT that we’re ok to sing FTP.

It would only take the smallest amount of common sense to realise it’d be best if we dropped any reference to a religious leader in Rome.

There can be no grey areas anymore, we can’t afford to take risks. It’s as simple as that. Hopefully we all realise this.
What? How have you taken my accusation that you get your news from the papers and interpreted it as 'I get my news from the papers'. Wat.

if you love the Glasgow Rangers clap yer hands *clap clap clap*

Rangers *clap clap clap* Rangers *clap clap clap*

We love you Rangers, we do.

Come on Rangers! Come on Rangers!

FTP is fine. 19th Century Terrorist is banned.

You have a point. There is a perception that saying FTP and the IRA is sectarian, how can it be?

If someone said %^*& Donald Trump or %^*& Jeremy Corbyn, whats the difference? %^*& Celtic, %^*& everyone. Its not sectarian though.

How can %^*& The Queen be classed as sectarian? You get English people who don't support The Monarchy saying that.

Its some bizarre Scottish mentality to think that as its an add on to a song we sing.

UEFA don't like it, I get that, but look at it from a neutral point of view, it doesn't make any logical sense to class saying that as sectarian.

You have a point. There is a perception that saying FTP and the IRA is sectarian, how can it be?

If someone said %^*& Donald Trump or %^*& Jeremy Corbyn, whats the difference? %^*& Celtic, %^*& everyone. Its not sectarian though.

How can %^*& The Queen be classed as sectarian? You get English people who don't support The Monarchy saying that.

Its some bizarre Scottish mentality to think that as its an add on to a song we sing.

UEFA don't like it, I get that, but look at it from a neutral point of view, it doesn't make any logical sense to class saying that as sectarian.
The Queen is the head of the Church of England so (above, of course) on par with the pope in terms of religious leadership. If one is sectarian the other is too. The fact is we aren't being punished for saying FTP, and that will be shown.

as i am of the armchair loyal who really has no right to preach but will do anyways, i admire the famous support who follow follow everywhere we go but we really need to to get our act together especially on sunday when the tv cameras and evryone out there is desperate frothing at the mouth to give us another kicking so dont give them the the excuse to do so, we are on the crest of a wave here and 55 is coming but the feel good factor could be totally squashed here, keep it going sing our songs but keep it real, we are rangers so sing rangers and no more add ons

Do you not think that when you have a team full of Catholics is it not time that grown men could resist saying FTP at a football match for 90 mins ? I get that with the BB we are losing an iconic anthem. But grown men still wanting to FTP all the way through a match need their head checked. The list 4lads posted is just common sense and should have been ditched a long time ago.

Back