Join the UB!

Meo-meomeomy

Thought this idea maybe deserved a thread on its own. If you disagree admin then bin it.

As said within one of the many threads:
Fans who ‘get it’ and really understands that change is absolutely imperative and can see the pivotal role that the UB could play in spearheading that change should consider joining the group and helping to bring the change about. I may be wrong about this but many members seem youngish and so could perhaps do with the support and guidance.

An extreme suggestion maybe! But the consequences for our wonderful club are potentially extreme!

I used to sit with The Blue Order for a few seasons about 10 years ago. I'm sure they joined up with the Union Bears for a couple of seasons but then split again.

I know there is still the Blue Order banner in their old spot. What was the deal when they joined and why the split again?

Its going to take all fans groups, including Club1872 and sitting down with the club to sort this once and for all. I think the club need to go into this with an open mind though, even promising safe standing for a supporters group that can prove they can stop singing these 2 or 3 songs.

The UB now need to start singing traditional Rangers songs that have been lost through time. The club lose them and Ibrox loses its atmosphere completely. Only thing you'll be able to hear is fans raging at the referees decision making.

The UB are too valuable to lose.
No one is too valuable to lose if they don't fall in line with what the club wants and needs.

Hanging a fans group out to dry here is not the answer to this problem. They did not act alone and “they started it” is never much of a case for prosecution.

They are, generally, young and a bit daft but they should be engaged with, encouraged and given a place.
But they have to also engage, not have a tantrum and realise that with a bit of savvy, they could have a real place in the fabric of the clubs history.

I am pretty shocked to see them being set up as the sacrificial lamb here.
What happened to us being a family?

I think the blame UB are getting for this is out of order, plenty others sing these songs but I suppose its the easy way out for some.

We are literally falling over ourselves to play into the hands of Speirs et al to get rid of our best supporters group. Doing their dirty work.

People openly wishing them gone, stating they are done. They weren’t the only ones singing. Every person that sung is equally to blame. There’s nothing our enemies would like better than them disbanded.

FFS, wake up. The lads will take it on board and learn from it, I expect (hope). But this throwing them under the bus is pish.

Last edited:
Get sick of reading about all those with polished halos!!!! All to ready to blame the UB's!!! It's not just them, I sit in a different parts of the stadium and there are plenty that join in. Talk about a bunch of hypocrites and key board warriors!!!

Hanging a fans group out to dry here is not the answer to this problem. They did not act alone and “they started it” is never much of a case for prosecution.

They are, generally, young and a bit daft but they should be engaged with, encouraged and given a place.
But they have to also engage, not have a tantrum and realise that with a bit of savvy, they could have a real place in the fabric of the clubs history.

The same people slaying them are the ones that enjoy their displays and atmosphere they create.

I don’t see why they are to blame either, plenty around about me in the govan rear including myself sing these songs. Why is everyone saying they are history etc? I’m sure they can leave out some songs and sing others, not much has to change

Hanging the group out to dry is certainly not my intention with this thread. Rather acknowledging their potential role in leading the way forward and how the rest of the family could support that.

I used to sit with The Blue Order for a few seasons about 10 years ago. I'm sure they joined up with the Union Bears for a couple of seasons but then split again.

I know there is still the Blue Order banner in their old spot. What was the deal when they joined and why the split again?

Its going to take all fans groups, including Club1872 and sitting down with the club to sort this once and for all. I think the club need to go into this with an open mind though, even promising safe standing for a supporters group that can prove they can stop singing these 2 or 3 songs.

A sensible thing would be to rebrand the group under one umbrella , could be called for example “ blue union 07” . Then engage with club and lead the way with positive songs we all want to hear .

It’s the only way forward or lose our best section altogether and that would criminal because they have done a LOT of amazing displays and given the team some fantastic backing for 12 years .

We are having traditions and history slowly stripped away from us and the day will come where we will have buckled and having nothing left...... yet the scum can continue with their rebel and political chants with no (or very little) persecution.
Just maybe if we are able to change things for the better at our place then the behaviour of others will stand out more and more. But our priority has to be us and what damage could be done to us.

We are having traditions and history slowly stripped away from us and the day will come where we will have buckled and having nothing left...... yet the scum can continue with their rebel and political chants with no (or very little) persecution.

Well said. Struth, Waddell, Wallace etc would be turning in their grave at what they build with tradition at Ibrox.

We are literally falling over ourselves to play into the hands of Speirs et al to get rid of our best supporters group. Doing their dirty work.

People openly wishing them gone, stating they are done. They weren’t the only ones singing. Every person that sung is equally to blame. There’s nothing our enemies would like better than them disbanded.

FFS, wake up. The lads will take it on board and learn from it, I expect (hope). But this throwing them under the bus is pish.
If they are going to stay they will have to learn from it.They bring noise and colour to the games but it's a fact that they can sing songs that will land us in the shit.
I know that a lot of other people sing them too but they are the prominent group and when Ibrox is quiet it's fairly obvious it's them singing.
Personally I hope they stay but change the songbook.Who knows maybe even more people will sing if it's just proper Rangers songs in future.

Am in.. UB are wot makes matchdays nowadays my young lad most matches doesn't even watch the game he watches the UB do there thing and loves it always says dad I want to be over there with them.. so all this PC hunk dont offend me crap has to stop its splitting the fanbase right down the middle dont leave the UB out to dry cause they have left memories with my young lad that will last forever on matchdays.. %^*& sfa %^*& uefa and %^*& all you hunks.. oh sorry if I offended anyone there

People who want rid of the UB are people who don’t go to Ibrox week in week out. They are imperative to the atmosphere at Ibrox.
The only imperative here is TBB, 19th Century Terrorist B's and FTP are kept for the bus and dropped at Ibrox. It is now at the stage (and I'm as guilty as the next man) where the fans must fit in with what the club wants or feck off.

Tremendous post.

Am in.. UB are wot makes matchdays nowadays my young lad most matches doesn't even watch the game he watches the UB do there thing and loves it always says dad I want to be over there with them.. so all this PC hunk dont offend me crap has to stop its splitting the fanbase right down the middle dont leave the UB out to dry cause they have left memories with my young lad that will last forever on matchdays.. %^*& sfa %^*& uefa and %^*& all you hunks.. oh sorry if I offended anyone there
Ok bud.

People rushing to blame the Union Bears are missing an important point. European games at Ibrox are very different from domestic games. There is a different feel, a different type of fan in all parts of the stadium. There is a huge increase in people smoking in toilets and of course in singing sectarian songs. I sit in the Main Stand Rear and there are plenty giving it big licks at every European game who are never seen or heard at League games. And I have witnessed the same in the Club Deck so it's unfair to lay the blame entirely at one group.

Like it or loathe it we need the Union Bears.

They bring atmosphere to a quiet Ibrox. Without them it would be a morgue.

The wrong songs have been sung and as I said yesterday they may start the singing but plenty of us have been guilty of joining in. We need the create an atmosphere with the right songs going forward.

Am offended by your lack of punctuation

Aye, that would be a great laugh wouldn't it.

About as funny as all them saying they should be disbanded etc.

Some are acting like they are the only ones that care about Rangers. The UBS do too and no one knows what their stance is yet. So maybe we could reel in the bile for our own support til we do bearing in mind almost every person on this board will have sang TBB at some point.

UB will be rebranded at best-they are history.
Why would they have to do that?
If they carry on from this point leading the singing of songs that could get is into trouble then fair enough,but they are not the only culprits by any stretch.
The line is now in the sand for all of us,it is a proper reality check for the implications for both the club and the fans.
Any that continue singing the banned songs deserve any punishment that comes their way,union bears section or anywhere else with them losing season tickets etc.

The Union Bears are an important feature of the Ibrox match day experience and should not be lost. It is essential though that they, along with all supporters attending Rangers games, take fully on board the necessary changes to the songbook.
Do this, behave responsibly as the Club requires, and they could have a role to play alongside the SLO in having the ear of the Board.

The UB now need to start singing traditional Rangers songs that have been lost through time. The club lose them and Ibrox loses its atmosphere completely. Only thing you'll be able to hear is fans raging at the referees decision making.

The UB are too valuable to lose.

The UB do sing traditional songs. No-one joins in. No-one knows the words. It causes absolute fury in the section because when the rest of Ibrox sing the only songs that they know it's UB that get it in the neck.

Learn the words to Have you seen the Glasgow Rangers? Learn the words to Rangers Easy Ok. Learn the words to Glasgow Rangers story. We might get somewhere.

I won't hold my breath.

The same people slaying them are the ones that enjoy their displays and atmosphere they create.

I don’t see why they are to blame either, plenty around about me in the govan rear including myself sing these songs. Why is everyone saying they are history etc? I’m sure they can leave out some songs and sing others, not much has to change
The point is the UB have been reported by FARE on this issue but I get your point.
Its time all supporters/ fans groups get together think of strategy that embraces their shared experiences and everything they want out of being a supporter , it can only benefit all supporters and the club going forward.

The only imperative here is TBB, 19th Century Terrorist B's and FTP are kept for the bus and dropped at Ibrox. It is now at the stage (and I'm as guilty as the next man) where the fans must fit in with what the club wants or feck off.

I agree we can sing that in the pubs, it’s a joke that people can get that offended by words and songs but we’ve got plenty of songs without them. Let’s sing them.

Back