Rangers braced for bombshell punishment over sectarian singing (vs St Joseph’s at Ibrox)

The Billy Boys is what gave our atmosphere and why they want it gone.

Every quote by opposing players about the European atmosphere at Ibrox is because of The Billy Boys. It’s so fucking obvious why they want rid and yet our support are ready to give it up. Embarrassing

are you f*cking slow in the brain????

the song is banned, it will eventually see us expelled from European football, and thus making us unable to compete giving the tarries free reign to rack up as many titles as they wish

and don't give me any sh*t about TBB being the only song that gets the crowd going, Every Saturday We Follow is just as good if not better and is about Rangers and not being up to ours knees

wake the f*ck up, clowns like you are killing our club

Very few people actually saying anything of the sort. Just stop saying the word 19th Century Terrorist and stop singing The Billy Boys at Ibrox. It doesn't matter what age you are, it doesn't matter how 'woke' you are, whether you're 'old school' or whether the club is a symbol of your heritage and culture.

There is absolutely no rule against celebrating your own identity. If your entire identity is about fucking popes, hating the IRA or getting it up 19th Century Terrorists then you do not have much of an identity. That is not culture or heritage. It's tribalism that UEFA justifiably view as sectarian and racist. Let's not turn it into an existential crisis, we only have to stop saying one word which should've been dropped from our vocabulary decades ago.

We can sing Build My Gallows or Derry's Walls every minute of a game if we choose to. Heritage and culture are not at threat and no Rangers fans, old or new, are calling for that to change.

Wasn’t this song that brought the 2011 punishments vs PSV ? Recall many were surprised at the time but supposedly due to the IRA being referenced. We were fined, fans banned from next away match and given 3 year probationary period where next incident would’ve triggered stadium closure.

Plenty boys in UB/BF1 back from Warsaw and all over Europe last year and this year to be told no got a ticket for the home leg is a gutter.

I just had a quick look at the recidivism section (Article 25) on UEFA's Disciplinary Regulations and from what I can gather we wont be punished for recent instances that occurred before they dished out their punishment, we could be fined though. However if we persist with singing the Billy Boys and using the offending word from Thursday night onwards. Then things will escalate further and for any similar offences committed in the next 3 years will fall under the category of recidivism.

I could be completely wrong and maybe someone who is bit more familiar with Legal jargon will tell me I'm talking out my hole. But that's just what I've gleamed from their own rules and regulations.

Wasn’t this song that brought the 2011 punishments vs PSV ? Recall many were surprised at the time but supposedly due to the IRA being referenced. We were fined, fans banned from next away match and given 3 year probationary period where next incident would’ve triggered stadium closure.

No. That was Super Rangers.

I mentioned them at it last night in my third paragraph. A Europa League play off round qualifier. Where were FARE and UEFA. You heard the songs against Cluj as well - what sanctions were put on the bheggars for the throwing of objects towards the Cluj players?

Well considering our charges relate to a game in July, perhaps a game that finished 9 days ago might take some time to collate?

Not that it has any bearing on us using the word 19th Century Terrorist at Ibrox anyway.

I tend to think the club have known this punishment was coming weeks ago hence the letter that came with the new Smatcards.
That was just a new upgrade of ticketing system and a change of policy to do with ticket reprinting. You think they would hold off on this news and potentially let fans sings more damaging songs in the mean time? Not a chance. It's clear they were alerted on Friday.

That was just a new upgrade of ticketing system and a change of policy to do with ticket reprinting. You think they would hold off on this news and potentially let fans sings more damaging songs in the mean time? Not a chance. It's clear they were alerted on Friday.

Clubs get word of these things well before it’s announced . Fact .

"No nuns and no priests, %^*& yer rosary beads, every day is the 12th of July"

Yeah, an in depth critique of the Church right there.

Fucking hell. We're doomed.

I wouldn’t get too hung up on some posters on here mate . It’s transparent to me that some are either Yahoos mixing it or guys who don’t go to games and want to act the internet staunch man .

The vast majority realise what needs done .

It boils down to this, what matters more to you:

Rangers in europe and winning titles

or

Shouting FTP/19th Century Terrorist

It’s incredible grown men are still arguing about this.

It's a really sad state of affairs, you've even got guys saying things like are we ok to still sing this/shout that at domestic games? At the end of the day shouting ftp or 19th Century Terrorist this or that is wrong in the present date and is only going to damage the club. if you feel that strongly about your right to shout it then pop outside your local police station and try shouting it there were it won't tarnish the club. It's not even just a case of stopping this so we don't get punished, I would hope that the majority of our fans are sick of these songs, chants and can't get wait to see them gone forever.
We're the most successful club in the world with an endless list of heroes, icons and achievements we could sing about. We are the club of Bill Struth, John Greig, Sandy Jardine, Davie Cooper and Brian Laudrup yet Bobby Sands must be most the sung about individual at our games. Let that sink in for a minute.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating your culture/pride and promoting it in a positive manner. Things like the recent MOD award, remembrance period respect, astounding amounts of money raised for erskine are examples of this and are what sets us apart from other clubs. Not the ftp/19th Century Terrorist bullshit that some folk seem to be unable to let go of.

Last edited:
I’m sorry, but there’s no way the club didn’t know this was coming yesterday. Why the %^*& would you sell tickets to people who now won’t be able to attend? What an absolute shambles all round.
So what benefit would the club have by seeking tickets then having to refund and reorganise sections? Makes no sense what you say.

The club are shooting themselves in the foot if they are banning the Union Bears on Thursday. Gerrard wants Ibrox rocking for 90 minutes and that’s where the atmosphere comes from :(

The Billy Boys is what gave our atmosphere and why they want it gone.

Every quote by opposing players about the European atmosphere at Ibrox is because of The Billy Boys. It’s so fucking obvious why they want rid and yet our support are ready to give it up. Embarrassing

Are you that daft?

There will be 3000 fans sitting at home on Thursday because of it, next time it'll be all of us, then the whole club out the tournament.

If you're OK with that then carry on regardless.

The club are shooting themselves in the foot if they are banning the Union Bears on Thursday. Gerrard wants Ibrox rocking for 90 minutes and that’s where the atmosphere comes from :(

Sadly I would imagine that it would be bad optics from the club to leave the singing section intact while it's serving a partial stadium closure for sectarian singing. I get the overall sentiment but sadly I don't think UEFA and co. would take too kindly to us just letting our Ultra group just carry on as normal on Thursday night.

I’ll try & make this as abundantly simple as I can

Sing the Billy Boys & that line ‘Up to your knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood’ & it will earn you a life ban. It will also earn you a Police charge, possible newspaper headlines & a considerable pressure on your home life (see people losing jobs etc)

Sing the add ons of ‘%^*& the Pope’ ‘%^*& the Pope & the IRA’ ‘19th Century Terrorist Bastards’ and it’s the exact same outcome

NOT to mention the potential to damage OUR football club

This isn’t hearsay, this isn’t scaremongering

The pressure on the club is now absolutely intense

European bans, ground closures, severe money sanctions are all a massive possibility

NOT to mention what will now happen domestically and the pressure we will be under

Not one person or group is to blame - this is on us ALL as a support

Whether you agree or not

PUT RANGERS FIRST

For the good of the club and yourselves

that condescending nonsense isn't needed!

Sing the Billy Boys & that line ‘Up to your knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood’ & it will earn you a life ban. It will also earn you a Police charge, possible newspaper headlines & a considerable pressure on your home life (see people losing jobs etc)

Sing the add ons of ‘%^*& the Pope’ ‘%^*& the Pope & the IRA’ ‘19th Century Terrorist Bastards’ and it’s the exact same outcome

European bans, ground closures, severe money sanctions are all a massive possibility

NOT to mention what will now happen domestically and the pressure we will be under

Whether you agree or not

PUT RANGERS FIRST

Correct on all fronts.

Whether you agree or not

PUT RANGERS FIRST

Should be A sticky

It's a really sad state of affairs, you've even got guys saying things like are we ok to still sing this/shout that at domestic games? At the end of the day shouting ftp or 19th Century Terrorist this or that is wrong in the present date and is only going to damage the club. if you feel that strongly about your right to shout it then pop outside your local police station and try shouting it there were it won't tarnish the club. It's not even just a case of stopping this so we don't get punished, I would hope that the majority of our fans are sick of these songs, chants and can't get wait to see them gone forever.
We're the most successful club in the world with an endless list of heroes, icons and achievements we could sing about. We are the club of Bill Struth, John Greig, Sandy Jardine, Davie Cooper and Brian Laudrup yet Bobby Sands must be the sang about individual at our games. Let that sink in for a minute.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating your culture/pride and promoting it in a positive manner. Things like the recent MOD award, remembrance period respect, astounding amounts of money raised for erskine are examples of this and are what sets us apart from other clubs. Not the ftp/19th Century Terrorist bullshit that some folk seem to be unable to let go of.

It always amazes me that some feel so strongly about these issues, but are only willing to express their feelings at a football match. It's the entirely wrong place for it. Go start a political party and leave the football to football fans.

I might be being Utopian, but why the flying %^*& should religion play a part in football, and that is aimed at both sides of the equation? I am a Catholic, I come from a Celtic supporting family, but I support Rangers, much to my family's annoyance, but they give me a good ribbing. Religion has never come into it for me. I am also a Scottish Nationalist, anti-royalist and support the Scotland international team. So what, fucking shoot me.

I support Rangers. A football team, that's all it is about for me, all the additional nonsense is a load of rubbish.

Sorry, if people really are getting so upset and set in their way because others don't think singing songs having a go at religion and '%^*& the Pope' isn't really a good idea, but grow the hell up.

Mini-rant over.

are you f*cking slow in the brain????

the song is banned, it will eventually see us expelled from European football, and thus making us unable to compete giving the tarries free reign to rack up as many titles as they wish

and don't give me any sh*t about TBB being the only song that gets the crowd going, Every Saturday We Follow is just as good if not better and is about Rangers and not being up to ours knees

wake the f*ck up, clowns like you are killing our club

Clowns like me are killing the club?

I’ve done no different to anyone on this forum so far and and don’t intend to get the club in any sort of bother.

I might be being Utopian, but why the flying %^*& should religion play a part in football, and that is aimed at both sides of the equation? I am a Catholic, I come from a Celtic supporting family, but I support Rangers, much to my family's annoyance, but they give me a good ribbing. Religion has never come into it for me. I am also a Scottish Nationalist, anti-royalist and support the Scotland international team. So what, fucking shoot me.

I support Rangers. A football team, that's all it is about for me, all the additional nonsense is a load of rubbish.

Sorry, if people really are getting so upset and set in their way because others don't think singing songs having a go at religion and '%^*& the Pope' isn't really a good idea, but grow the hell up.

Mini-rant over.

Look at me :rolleyes:

that condescending nonsense isn't needed!
It most definitely is needed. We've got fans who think we can just change the words to TBB, guys who think we can still shout FTP and guys who think NPOR is fine in 2019. There can be zero tolerance to this now. We're under threat of being kicked out of European football. The fans need to cut the shit out, or they will need to suffer the consequences. The club will have no option but to hand out bans and refuse away tickets.

It’s not condescending at all, if it was aimed at anyone or intending to do I would quote it

It’s simply very clearly stating what’s going to happen

If that’s condescending to you then maybe that’s your problem

Ok then

I'll make this very simple and easy to understand just for you ID10..

Next Sunday when you're being screamed at you're an Orange bastard and hun are you going to your nearest copper to demand they go in and arrest the tramps for their sectarianism?

Are you going to get on social media next weeknd and tell all about the anti-British racist abuse and sectarian abuse that you and every Rangers fan had to listen to from the tramps and send this to all relevant organisations and media outlets and MSP's and demand they speak out?

Or will you do sweet FA and just sit and take it?

If you won't do any as I suggest then you're in no position to be so condescending to anyone!

The irony

But anyway

It’s not condescending to point out exactly what is going to happen I’m afraid

Your getting bent out of shape about my post & you’re the only one which speaks volumes

What you suggest I might do or won’t do about a hypothetical shows how little understanding you have of me, it also has no justification or point to my post either.

I won’t derail the thread by replying to you any further

I posted that comment to show you exactly how condescending your original comment was!

So that's a no you won't do as I suggest..Ok

Very few people actually saying anything of the sort. Just stop saying the word 19th Century Terrorist and stop singing The Billy Boys at Ibrox. It doesn't matter what age you are, it doesn't matter how 'woke' you are, whether you're 'old school' or whether the club is a symbol of your heritage and culture.

There is absolutely no rule against celebrating your own identity. If your entire identity is about fucking popes, hating the IRA or getting it up 19th Century Terrorists then you do not have much of an identity. That is not culture or heritage. It's tribalism that UEFA justifiably view as sectarian and racist. Let's not turn it into an existential crisis, we only have to stop saying one word which should've been dropped from our vocabulary decades ago.

We can sing Build My Gallows or Derry's Walls every minute of a game if we choose to. Heritage and culture are not at threat and no Rangers fans, old or new, are calling for that to change.

How do deal with people who are offended by the co!our of our strip, the blue one I'm talking about, who make up lies about ' 19th Century Terrorist blood ' socks, who insist Penny Arcade is about celebrating the murder of a catho!ic in a Northern Ireland amusement arcade and who claim the Bouncy is about us stamping on the head of ' 19th Century Terrorists '.

I've enjoyed the Billy boys making a return and as much as I don't like being dictated to as to what songs we sing, I'd far rather have a successful Rangers than be able to sing one or two certain songs.

Continue to sing them, we get banned from Europe and our manager and squad will leave/regress very quickly. It's there in black and white that we will get banned. If some love the songs more than the club then I really despair

Ok then

I'll make this very simple and easy to understand just for you ID10..

Next Sunday when you're being screamed at you're an Orange bastard and hun are you going to your nearest copper to demand they go in and arrest the tramps for their sectarianism?

Are you going to get on social media next weeknd and tell all about the anti-British racist abuse and sectarian abuse that you and every Rangers fan had to listen to from the tramps and send this to all relevant organisations and media outlets and MSP's and demand they speak out?

Or will you do sweet FA and just sit and take it?

If you won't do any as I suggest then you're in no position to be so condescending to anyone!

Since we've reduced their allocation I've yet to hear the tramps sing.

Again this isn't about them IRA tramps. We're the ones under the spotlight.

Clean up our act and the focus shifts on them.

Their board and TLRB must be delighted we've taken the heat from them yet again.

People may be correct in thinking that the rules in Scotland appear to be different, that they can sing things that would lead to punishment in European competition.

However the more often it happens in domestic competition the more likely it is to happen in Europe. People are creatures of habit, and if they are used to breaking in to a certain song, for example at a goal, they are more likely to do it in Europe as well. It's almost like an automatic reaction.

If that happens people will be listening, it will be reported, the club will be punished, and the punishments will only get worse.

Since we've reduced their allocation I've yet to hear the tramps sing.

Again this isn't about them IRA tramps. We're the ones under the spotlight.

Clean up our act and the focus shifts on them.

Their board and TLRB must be delighted we've taken the heat from them yet again.

Im talking about when we play them next weeknd!!!

Whether you agree or not

PUT RANGERS FIRST

So if we mention anything about a murdering terrorist organisation we get banned. The IRA have murdered woman and children, police officers, British soldiers. What is this world coming to?

No it isn't it's a nationality.
Irish isn't the same as blacks,whites.
Legally its classed as an Ethnicity, which is a protected characteristic, whereas nationality is not. British tends not to be an ethnicity because it is made up of ethnic English, ethnic Welsh and ethnic Scots (I'm referring to Great Britain here).

Back