Linked with Moussa Konate in the French press

Signed for £3m and got 7 in 28 last season for 15th placed Amiens.
So would Alfie take any move, to any league as long as it's a step up in grade/ wages?

That's a but unfair...if it's true that it's a German team, as suggested earlier on here, the Bundesliga is a step up in just about every way from the spl, even if it's a nid table outfit. Alfie loves us but he does have a career to make the most out of. My guess would be a Leipzig / Leverkeusen / Schalke type level of team.

This seems to be gaining traction and proper gutting tbh, fitting end to a shitty week regarding off the field matters. Love the wee man. No idea about Konate but he will have to adapt fast as he will have some big shoes to fill if it's him we're going for.

Know what you're saying but..Let's say he continues his current form and keeps his discipline.EPL teams will then be in for him January.What's more disruptive to our goals and aims for the season?Now?Or in all likelihood January?

Pish situation either way isn't it haha

Surely £9m would be the deal in total, if I recall the French press also broke the Julian deal to the scum and was claimed to be £7m but clearly there is no chance that it was a £7m few.

At a guess, £4m transfer fee and a contract worth around £5m over 4/5 years would probably sound about right?

Really hope no true . Alfie is proven , could spend 50 million on a striker and it’s not a guaranteed return on goals . Crazy to sell him now .

Morelos goes for £20-25 million
Konate signs for £5-8 million
Kent signs for £7 million
Gnahore signs for £4-5 million
Loan out Doc and Hastie
Sell Dorrans Holt Grezda and Dodoo

If something like that happens before closing time next Monday night I will eat my hat.

Amiens.

3 matches. So far, hes had.

16 minutes. Not in squad. 2 minutes.

My initial perception that we are trying to buy a player that isnt particularly for sale, seems wrong.

It’s really not.

Hmmm it’s certainly a blow. It’s worth while noting that Morelos has never scored against the peados and we could debate that he played a massive part in costing us a genuine title shot with his temperament.

Not sure it details it but we have Defoe

Well we're not going to be getting a player of equal ability because we can't afford to spend £15-20m.

We’re not going to find a player for €10m to replace one we bought for £1m? Really?

Morelos is a smashing player but people need to get this notion of him being irreplaceable out of their heads. We’ve replaced better than him before and if we’ve the guts of £20m to invest then we can do so again.

Seen a couple of things online saying Morelos is going to Milan for €24 million. On the 23:15 flight

Hope it’s not true

Seen a couple of things online saying Morelos is going to Milan for €24 million. On the 23:15 flight

Hope it’s not true

I believe the Phantom is saying that... Up to his usual hijinks. Milan already have Piatek, Silva and spent a hefty wedge on Rafael Leao.

KON-TACTS
Rangers ‘bid’ €10million for Amiens striker Moussa Konate

• Gary Taylor

• 25 Aug 2019, 20:34
  • Updated: 25 Aug 2019, 20:39
RANGERS have bid €10million for Amiens striker Moussa Konate, according to reports.
Gers have been linked with a move for the powerful striker as they prepare to face bids for Alfredo Morelos.

Konate in action for SenegalCredit: Reuters
Steven Gerrard has admitted he would be ‘powerless’ to stop the sale of the goal scoring Colombian.
And French newspaper L'Equipe claim the Light Blues have sent an offer of just over £9m for Konate.
The 26-year-old striker is under contract with the Ligue 1 side until 2021.
But Amiens will have their mettle tested by a significant offer from the Ibrox side.

The Senegalese forward was the subject of interest from English Premier League sides West Ham and Burnley last summer with both teams linked with an £8million move.
And more recently, West Brom have been reportedly interested in signing the striker to bolster their attacking options.
Meanwhile the Union Bears has hit out at the club for the stadium ban at Ibrox for Thursday night's Legia Warsaw clash.

We’re not going to find a player for €10m to replace one we bought for £1m? Really?

Morelos is a smashing player but people need to get this notion of him being irreplaceable out of their heads. We’ve replaced better than him before and if we’ve the guts of £20m to invest then we can do so again.

Morelos is not a £1m player - he's a £15-20m player.

If Morelos does leave it means we will 99.9% end up with a downgrade but,the bare minimum should be a player level to that of Edourard at them

I don't know where you're looking but on Transfermkt his career stats are excellent.

He averages a goal every 3 games. Seems pretty average but obviously haven't seen him play. Losing morelos would be massive for us though. Hes borderline irreplaceable

He averages a goal every 3 games. Seems pretty average but obviously haven't seen him play. Losing morelos would be massive for us though. Hes borderline irreplaceable

the french league is a better league than the scottish premier though

Morelos is not a £1m player - he's a £15-20m player.

He was a £1m player when we bought him. The adulation and attention he has had is a consequence of him playing for us.

Like Tav, he’s an 8 figure value player because he’s played well for us. Other good players can and will do the same.

Morelos goes for £20-25 million
Konate signs for £5-8 million
Kent signs for £7 million
Gnahore signs for £4-5 million
Loan out Doc and Hastie
Sell Dorrans Holt Grezda and Dodoo
Whenever we sell Morelos, half the money will at least go back into the club to balance the accounts.
Yes we will spend a chunk on a replacement and others but not the way you and us all would like.

I get that we're all attached to Alfie but it's worth remembering that he was brought in to play second -fiddle to Herrera!

We might be getting just the man to bring home 55.

(But also, please stay Alfie!).

if Morelos leaves then he leaves and there is pretty much nothing we can do about it. Better players than Morelos have left our club in the past and things moved on just as they will this time. He is the prime example of what our current business model is and has to be, buy low, develop and sell high.

If he does leave this week then there is no way we are not signing another striker or possibly even two, Defoe as our only recognized frontman is just not going to happen.

Don’t see why folk wouldn’t want Konate as he’s already had interest from EPL teams. We bought Morelos for £1 million if a club comes in and says here is £20 million you would be an absolute dafty for saying no.

Don’t see why folk wouldn’t want Konate as he’s already had interest from EPL teams. We bought Morelos for £1 million if a club comes in and says here is £20 million you would be an absolute dafty for saying no.

Can’t follow this logic. Barca got Messi for the cost of some growth hormone injections. If we offer them £20mill, would they be dafties to say no?

A player’s value is based on how he’s playing now in the current market, not what you paid for him.

Morelos is at least a £20mill striker in the current market. I’d argue that we’d be dafties not to look for more given the poor timing.

Last edited:
Monday does seem to be the players day off on the Thursday-Sunday game schedule. If we rejected a bid from a German team I would guess it would be Frankfurt they seem short upfront.

Who did amiens play in Europe on Thursday night !

Alfie was rested for Europe

Its the same logic though, making a judgement on a player because he was a sub in a match is demented.

Who knows what the circumstances were, he might have had a knock, been recovering from an injury, maybe there’s someone else in the side who is on form.

It really doesn’t tell you anything about the players ability.

Surely £9m would be the deal in total, if I recall the French press also broke the Julian deal to the scum and was claimed to be £7m but clearly there is no chance that it was a £7m few.

At a guess, £4m transfer fee and a contract worth around £5m over 4/5 years would probably sound about right?

He was linked with West Brom a couple of months ago for 5 million. There's no way his value has doubled in the time since.

Back