Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Their back line is
Red Card Jone

Absolute stupidity

Tho no more than mcGregors earlier

Early in the game that’s a yellow which they call “game management” from the ref but it’s just inconsistency.

BBC Radio Scotland were shocked McGregor didn’t get booked earlier - tells you all you need to know. Yet the ref did nothing. I don’t like madden as he seems the ref who thinks the rules change dependent on the minute.

And summit else why the funk did we spunk the money on Helander when we're resonable well served there. That was half Kent's transfer

We dominated them twice last season by playing the system we normally do. He completely abandoned it so he could play Aribo out left and kept our best striker on the bench until the 60th minute. That was a Murty performance from Gerrard today
He said it was because of Thursday. Would you rather Morelos play 90 and get injured? Its not like we were putting John Daly in instead. But he did get the first half tactics wrong.

We were so poor today it’s untrue.

Thought Davis had a decent game & McGregor did what he needed to do but apart from that woeful.

its a massive reality check , we need to keep beating the rest and make sure we're in with a chance at the next old firm but stevie needs to take blame today and ive not said that often enough

Far too much big talk on here. I hope the players never read any of it.
god i hated all that crap the idiots who nothing about football said on here, they are still better than us showed it today, maybe if we had an attacking force we could do something terrible management

No balance in the team. You need natural wingers to play that formation.

A red card for that? Go and fuuck yourself Madden. Time for Rangers to get the gloves off and defend ourselves. That bast@rd should never be allowed to referee a game at this level ever again.

Look at the tackle MacGregor for a talking to for?! Fuuck off. And Brown trying to antagonise Morelos?! He should have been booked for ungentlemanly conduct.

Their back line is

Early in the game that’s a yellow which they call “game management” from the ref but it’s just inconsistency.

BBC Radio Scotland were shocked McGregor didn’t get booked earlier - tells you all you need to know. Yet the ref did nothing. I don’t like madden as he seems the ref who thinks the rules change dependent on the minute.

no booking for a late challenge or a dive... we were awful but the ref didnt play by the rules

I'd like to know the thinking behind the folk with 4-0 as a scoreline. Both our players and manager once again schooled by fucking celtic.
Exactly this. I still think we'll win the league. We just need to wise up!!
We're never winning this league, todays showing shows we are miles behind them.

Been totally outplayed today.

Completely dominated in midfield. No width to our play. Really poor delivery into the opposition box. Very poor defensively. And now lacking in discipline.

No service to Defoe. Aribo and Kamara absolutely invisible

All in all we got what we deserved from that today. Nothing.

SG got it badly wrong with team selection today & needs to hold his hand up to that.

I don't want to hear Gerrard blame anyone but himself for this today. Got it completely wrong, outsmarted by Neil Lennon ffs.

Wasn’t even outsmarted. They played exactly as you’d expect. We lost it by dropping our forwards in favour of more midfielders and a formation which we’ve never played. Absolute lunacy when you consider how we have played in respective games against them last year - when we’ve taken it to them versus when we sat off (like his first OF). Gerrard sold the jerseys today.

Well most of the "panty wetters" predicted this. All our season long naivety sloppiness and poor decision making combined to produce this.
The managers lack of balls to actually go and
Better than Arfield,

He has to take a large portion of the blame today but none of the players looked at it. The filth looked quicker, fitter and stronger all over the park.
All the above you mention can be laid at manager/coaches door.

Sent out completely the wrong signal by starting Defoe ahead of Morelos.

Celtic were hungrier today. They have been closing us down in packs all over the pitch. In contrast, we have been standing off them. Why do we do this? What are we hoping to achieve?

A truly pathetic performance.

That was the main difference today, aside from the wrong team selection. We just did not look up for it, while they pressed us relentlessly and worked much harder than us.

Back