Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

No...he clearly states that "rather than being part of the solution,i and the sfa are part of the problem",so there is no misunderstanding on his post and it is not the first time he has dobe this,hence he is ignored now and i carry on.
Tommy, I think you're reading it wrong mate, he's suggesting you use that entire paragraph in your letters mate, not a wee section at the end for you, well that's how I'm reading it.

Reference the above post, we are going to see more and more of this coming out. Individuals who knew and possibly knew.

I think it may have been Gerry Britton who referenced the abuse in his book and how it was common knowledge.

It is utterly impossible that he knew the stories but senior players like Boyd and Walker didn't.

At least it maybe goes some way to explaining why they've grown up so full of hate.

When do they mention bbc journalist / friend Pat Nevin , Good guy let’s see if he can face the music . Surely all those testimonials and plaudits cannot be that misjudged ?

Anybody on twitter who could ask Nevin for his thoughts on the whole situation? He's always been a Scottish mhedia favourite. "The Thinking Man's Footballer" among the pet titles bestowed upon him.
I wonder what he makes of it all, he's never been slow to voice his opinions on other matters in the past.
And, what about their other pet good guy, Paul McStay?
There is no way on this earth that guys like these and many, many another, were completely unaware as to what was going on in that cesspit on a continuous basis over decades.

The highest ranking Catholic here in Australia is behind bars for abuse of young boys the media here did not report it for months due to a restraining order anywhere that this Church has priests there is a trail of this behaviour the most despicable religion in the world

Cardinal George Pell was supposedly the 3rd highest ranking RC in the world. I know he lost his appeal against conviction just a few days ago but I never saw any report of this in Scotland. Id have thought those devout Scottish RCs would want to hear all the news about their church.

I think it may have been Gerry Britton who referenced the abuse in his book and how it was common knowledge.

It is utterly impossible that he knew the stories but senior players like Boyd and Walker didn't.

At least it maybe goes some way to explaining why they've grown up so full of hate.
pretty sure it wasn't Gerry Britton

Impressive work Bears. Keep it up. Appreciate how draining on morale it must be reading about such a despicable scandal.

With regards to the solicitor's that are about to lodge writs against celtc, do we know what courts they are likely to appear in?

One would assume that papers would have to be lodged very soon, if not already, for the cases to be recorded in the Court Rolls in a matter of weeks (as claimed by McGuire at Thomson's).

Civil or criminal, contempt listings or Sheriff, court of appeal, etc etc. There are so many potential facets to pursuing damages cases that are so complex from a legal and public perspective.

Knowing where they're most likely to be heard/judged would allow us to closely monitor the 'due legal process' as lieswell likes to call it. We could flag up the impending cases to interested parties, such as the authorities in various countries, Marc Horne, Adam Tomkin's etc. in the UK.

Edited as I think I've spelt Adam's name wrong.

Last edited:
The highest ranking Catholic here in Australia is behind bars for abuse of young boys the media here did not report it for months due to a restraining order anywhere that this Church has priests there is a trail of this behaviour the most despicable religion in the world
I wouldn’t even class them as a religion. It’s a cult that has no place in society. Worldwide where they exist, there is a history of child abuse.

Impressive work Bears. Keep it up. Appreciate how draining on morale it must be reading about such a despicable scandal.

With regards to the solicitor's that are about to lodge writs against celtc, do we know what courts they are likely to appear in?

One would assume that papers would have to be lodged very soon, if not already, for the cases to be recorded in the Court Rolls in a matter of weeks (as claimed by McGuire at Thomson's).

Civil or criminal, contempt listings or Sheriff, court of appeal, etc etc. There are so many potential facets to pursuing damages cases that are so complex from a legal and public perspective.

Knowing where they're most likely to be heard/judged would allow us to closely monitor the 'due legal process' as lieswell likes to call it. We could flag up the impending cases to interested parties, such as the authorities in various countries, Marc Horne, Adam Tomkin's etc. in the UK.

Edited as I think I've spelt Adam's name wrong.
I'm gonna keep looking into the court rolls page every couple of days covers every court in Scotland I believe

At the cesspit of perversion ,which masquerades as a football club, the cover up continues, former players and employees are circling the wagons frantically defending the coaching abilities of convicted paedophiles. Ignoring the plight of the many many victims. The sickening perverse behaviour of adults towards young talented players, was truly scandalous. The charlatans presently in charge of proceedings continue to refuse to take any ownership ,

At the cesspit of perversion ,which masquerades as a football club, the cover up continues, former players and employees are circling the wagons frantically defending the coaching abilities of convicted paedophiles. Ignoring the plight of the many many victims. The sickening perverse behaviour of adults towards young talented players, was truly scandalous. The charlatans presently in charge of proceedings continue to refuse to take any ownership ,

Not one of them has broken ranks yet. Not one, and there must be hundreds of ex players and employees who could whistleblow on them, yet to a man, they continue to stay silent to protect the ‘ good name ‘ of the club and snub the victims of this horrendous crime.
You have to ask how can they sleep at night, how can they have this on their conscience without saying anything, and then you remember most of them are from the same fundamentalist cult that is second to none in sweeping matters like this under the carpet.
A club truly like no other.

Last edited:
The sad part of operation spotlight is the results of the investigation are still uncovering
Levels of depravity of epic proportions, how high does it go ,who knows George Pell is the most senior cleric to date. Compensation payments astronomic.
Well one thing for sure although it will be CFC that has to cough up re compensation to the victims but the RC Church in the World with money coming into it from all angles including the handouts from the likes of the Mafia etc., so there must be hundreds of thousands of victims eg., alter boys , RC youth groups and such who should be suing the RC Church for ruined lives . Some religion Eh ? Thank God we had ancestors like the Scots and Picts that terrified the Romans back in the day and kept us free from becoming part of that disgusting religion . If we don’t remain vigilant the SNP and their ira republican pals will be trying to do what the the Romans failed to do all those hundreds of years ago …..Rant over guys but just watch the moves with these ira parades starting to become more common :mad:

The sad part of operation spotlight is the results of the investigation are still uncovering
Levels of depravity of epic proportions, how high does it go ,who knows George Pell is the most senior cleric to date. Compensation payments astronomic.
More senior than cardinal archbishop Pell only leaves the fuckin' pope... Always thought his eyes were a bit too close together...

Well one thing for sure although it will be CFC that has to cough up re compensation to the victims but the RC Church in the World with money coming into it from all angles including the handouts from the likes of the Mafia etc., so there must be hundreds of thousands of victims eg., alter boys , RC youth groups and such who should be suing the RC Church for ruined lives . Some religion Eh ? Thank God we had ancestors like the Scots and Picts that terrified the Romans back in the day and kept us free from becoming part of that disgusting religion . If we don’t remain vigilant the SNP and their ira republican pals will be trying to do what the the Romans failed to do all those hundreds of years ago …..Rant over guys but just watch the moves with these ira parades starting to become more common

Sorry mate, but just to keep you right, the Romans left here in the 5th century, and this was a Catholic country until the 16th century reformation.

They all knew.

And we knew they all knew, and when we spoke out we were called the 'bad guys'.

Their hated of us meant that they turned their backs on these innocent victims, rather than them being seen as being on the same side as big bad Rangers fans. In doing so they all became complicit in the cover up.

How can they sleep in their beds at night?

Let's hope that the victims will get their long overdue justice soon. Then the Spotlight can be fully shone on the cover-up and those who facilitated it.

Their hated of us meant that they turned their backs on these innocent victims, rather than them being seen as being on the same side as big bad Rangers fans. In doing so they all became complicit in the cover up.

Let's hope that the victims will get their long overdue justice soon. Then the Spotlight can be fully shone on the cover-up and those who facilitated it.

I notice the calls on here to stop talking about the parkhead paedo ring have diminished. Interesting.

For every Celtic fan, their obsession is about getting 10 in a row and then having more league titles than us. That is all that matters to them and is to be achieved at any cost. The abuse claims are merely an irritant to just about everyone of them and as far as they are concerned, the victims should just go away and stop complaining.
Because at the end of the day, their religious hatred of us is the most important issue to them, and they live for the day when they can boast about having the most titles and honours. That is all they care about.

Gerry Britton made reference previously to the racism directed towards Mark Walters at The Chamber of Secrets, specifically the throwing of bananas.

I don't recall him mentioning anything with regards the abuse carried out. (I stand to be corrected of course!)

Given his comments on racism I'd be surprised if he failed to mention abuse IF he had known anything concrete.

I think you're getting mixed up. Andy Ritchie mentioned it in a book or article. He was quite open about it.

Gerry Britton was outspoken about the racist banana throwing when Mark Walters played at Celtic Park.

I'm sure it was Ritchie and not Britton.

Last edited:
For every Celtic fan, their obsession is about getting 10 in a row and then having more league titles than us. That is all that matters to them and is to be achieved at any cost. The abuse claims are merely an irritant to just about everyone of them and as far as they are concerned, the victims should just go away and stop complaining.
Because at the end of the day, their religious hatred of us is the most important issue to them, and they live for the day when they can boast about having the most titles and honours. That is all they care about.

It's almost like they are trying to get to 10 titles before letting this disgrace out the bag, because they know that once it is out, they, as a club and as a support, are fūcked for a long time. If justice was done and they received the same 'punishment' as us (although it should be far, far worse) there is not a chance their so called faithful support would stick by them the way we did with our club.

I'm gonna keep looking into the court rolls page every couple of days covers every court in Scotland I believe
Can they still wangle court cases to be manipulated to be heard by a favourable judge like they used to do ?
These cases must not be judged by one of them who is sympathetic to the paedohiders, it needs to be totally fair for the sake of the victims.

Sorry mate, but just to keep you right, the Romans left here in the 5th century, and this was a Catholic country until the 16th century reformation.
Well archimedes ! I was certainly not top of the class at History but the point I was making was to point out that unless we are on our guard the snp and wannabe irish will be doing their best to take over as a joint force against us to get rid of all things British , Thanks for the history lesson though and maybe I will get on the internet some of these days and learn more about The Principle of Archimedes and ;) especially Roman History as I was a notorious “ dogger “ at school .

Never mind the film, as the credits roll at the end the extent of abuse shown to be happening all over the world was absolutely mind blowing - Although not a surprise, to see it in black & white in film credits was something else.

Great film as you say GY but a very harrowing storyline to say the least.

Absolutely with you Tommy.

When I said great, I meant it in the respect that it was a true story & the story was that something horrid like this which had been ignored for decades had been dealt with & that it was a positive thing for human beings that these things are now being addressed rather than being accepted.

Nowadays countries like USA, Oz & even Ireland are very aggressive on child abuse.

But not Scotland as we know :mad:

George Pell has only been convicted of two sexual assaults, do you think that he didn't do lots more the dirty filthy pervert that he is,he also covered up Gerald Risdale who confessed to abusing kids on more than 30 occasions in the Punch and Judy box.
The similarities to the cover up at the Paedodome are unbelievable the Cairney re instalment at the Parkhead CBC. 10 Hail Mary's and the stations of the cross absolve all the sins, for all of them.
EXCEPT FOR THE POOR VICTIMS.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/26/rise-fall-george-pell-timeline

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/5994121/clergy-sex-abuse-survivor-sues-catholic-church/

Last edited:
Back