When Halliday got robbed and the boy scored

I got the impression that McGregor heard the whistle before the guy got near him as he didn't really make much of an effort to stop him, if there was no whistle he'd have cleaned him out.

Maybe I have to watch it again but I thought the forward put his hands on Halliday's back. That is always a foul, soft but it is usually given.
That forward had a great game.
He put his hands on Halliday and pushed him in the back. Definite foul and I don't understand how anybody can see otherwise unless they want to use it as a stick to beat Andy with.

He was garbage today. Never a left back in a million years. No idea why Barasic wasn’t playing.

PS to answer your question he got away with one. He made a right c()nt if it and the ref saved him.
Shite,he did everything he was asked to do.

Collum today was fucking chronic. Allowed a Livingston player being subbed to walk all the way over the pitch from the Govan instead of papping the c.unt off at the Govan side as you now can with the new rules. Gives the Livingston player a 2nd yellow for violent conduct instead of straight red?....

Tav had a go at him for it, pointed out the rule and Collum just shook his head. Unbelievable

The left back position is now a joke with a rotation of 3 players.
If hallidays contract is renewed next season it would be very silly as we need better.
Time for helander to get goldson s position for a while.
The quality to win the league with ojo, halliday and others not performing wont do.

Halliday as the last man gives me the absolute fear,
He appears to be incapable of doing anything without falling over and appealing to the ref,
No idea why Barisic didn't start today, because as much as AH is a fan & gives 100%, he's hopeless at left back and will cost us if we persist with him there.
We'd have been better keeping Middleton and played him there, at least he would overlap and attack.

He put his hands on Halliday and pushed him in the back. Definite foul and I don't understand how anybody can see otherwise unless they want to use it as a stick to beat Andy with.
Agree with you, Andy was a bit slow on the ball, but pushed in the back with 2 hands, a definite foul.

We got away with one. I thought the decision was very soft.

Agreed. Halliday made an arse of it and the incompetent Collum interevened to help us.

God works in mysterious ways.

Livid were robbed today. Their no. 9 was very good but a bit too thuggish. Keeper also sold tavs goal and macgregor saved us.

We were in the Broomloan and had a great view of it. We were fortunate to got away with that. If it happened at the other end Collum would have got pelters from us.
It looked like the linesman wasn’t giving a foul.

I couldn't see whether it was a foul or not, but as the ball went through I was just waiting for Halliday to be robbed, he looked so indecisive and is hopeless on one to ones anyway, so I was mightily relieved when the ref whistled for a foul.

Today it seemed utterly blatant the officials were out to get us. Very very clear in my opinion.
He was almost technical in his deceit. He was extremely poor and even by cheaters standards he was shite. I have yet to see a Scottish ref do a game at Ibrox that was half decent

Halliday as the last man gives me the absolute fear,
He appears to be incapable of doing anything without falling over and appealing to the ref,
No idea why Barisic didn't start today, because as much as AH is a fan & gives 100%, he's hopeless at left back and will cost us if we persist with him there.
We'd have been better keeping Middleton and played him there, at least he would overlap and attack.

Assuming because Borna played 2 international games and therefore considered match fit for Thursday without risking him today. I can’t think of any other reason

Who else in our squad played twice in the international break? Katic?

Seen that today mate as well , Tav lost the rag at him telling him he should have walked of at the Govan side which was only a couple of yards away , Referees decisions can be down to interpretation but in this case its a rule change ,the substituted player must leave by the nearest line . When Tav pointed it out he should have accepted his mistake and made the player turn around and leave by the Govan but he ignored Tav and let him meander of the long way
Mind you maybe they haven't changed that rule in the Rangers Rule Book for refs or maybe he was just cheating again

The rule is that it’s up to the ref to decide if the player has to leave by the nearest touchline, he/she can tell them to leave at halfway if they deem it a safety\security issue.

To the question at hand it didn’t look like a foul on Halliday from my seat.

Really beginning to come across as a poet forum,refs getting the blame before a ball is kicked and even getting it for getting us of the hook.
The bottom line is if rangers don't start to hit some decent form,they wont be winning any league. A couple of good results in euro qualifiers and pre season kickabouts,was one thing,but not being very convincing since the start of the season.

Which is ridiculous given the league is more important.

Why not play Barišić in both. This chopping and changing is needless. Yet again we go with a different option at left back on Thursday and no doubt Halliday will be in there against St. Johnstone.

Flanagan is out. Give Barišić the nod.

TBF to Gerrard, I'd rather play Halliday at LB at home v Livi than risk Barisic and potentially have to play Halliday against Feyenoord.

Flanagan can't come back quick enough.

Thought it was soft at the time and was right in front of me in GR3, but it was at least consistent with Collum’s ‘don’t let a game of football break out’ style of refereeing the game generally.

Still have no idea what on earth Halliday was thinking though, it was a simple early pass back to McGregor yet he inexplicably decided to stroll around waiting for something to happen.

TBF to Gerrard, I'd rather play Halliday at LB at home v Livi than risk Barisic and potentially have to play Halliday against Feyenoord.

Flanagan can't come back quick enough.

If Barišić can trusted to play two games on the bounce then why is he still at Rangers and why didn't we sign a proper left back.

Halliday at East Fife should have been the final straw. He's rank rotten.

He played for the foul. He didn't know what to do, but he knew Columb would blow on contact, so stopped and guy barely touched him.
I agree with that. He lost the ball in the first half and tried to bring the guy down to make it look like a foul. I just don’t think he should ever start for us. And I know you give 100%. Looks as if it’s him or barisic depending on who we play though.

Last edited:
If Barišić can trusted to play two games on the bounce then why is he still at Rangers and why didn't we sign a proper left back.

Halliday at East Fife should have been the final straw. He's rank rotten.

I get that but I think SG has taken the two international games into account as well.

Halliday at LB shouldn't be that big an issue at home against jobbers. But it's becoming increasingly clear that the more we improve as a squad the more glaring his deficiencies are compared to the others.

This has to be his final season.

Halliday is not a Left Back that experiment needs to end. It’s not good for Rangers or the Player.

It says the gaffer has no trust in barisic to do the job of left back position.

He was already using Flanny in there before his hernia op so that tells us all what is in SG' s thinking.

Maybe I have to watch it again but I thought the forward put his hands on Halliday's back. That is always a foul, soft but it is usually given.
That forward had a great game.

He did. Caused our back line all sorts of problems today.

I thought at the time Halliday backed into him when he should just have passed it back and the player was stronger than him. At lot of the time those decisions go for the defender but I thought he was lucky.

Baffled at why Halliday was playing in the first place. He rests Barisic but then does not rest Davis and a few others

Halliday is rank, another one of Gerrard’s blind spots.
Oh it was a foul, the guy only pushed him with both hands so can see why some on here are finding it difficult to grasp why one was given.

Back