When Halliday got robbed and the boy scored

He was almost technical in his deceit. He was extremely poor and even by cheaters standards he was shite. I have yet to see a Scottish ref do a game at Ibrox that was half decent

Agreed. Every week I convince myself which ref is the worst. I was sure for a long time Clancy was the worst, then Madden started to change my mind, now Gollum has recomfirmed the fact they are all utterly utterly incompetent. Incompetent most weeks, then when we are playing it seems to go up a notch ...

I get that but I think SG has taken the two international games into account as well.

Halliday at LB shouldn't be that big an issue at home against jobbers. But it's becoming increasingly clear that the more we improve as a squad the more glaring his deficiencies are compared to the others.

This has to be his final season.

Last year of the deal Warburton handed to him and Holt when we were in the Championship.

Fully expect he’ll be let go at end of the season.

Thought it was soft at the time and was right in front of me in GR3, but it was at least consistent with Collum’s ‘don’t let a game of football break out’ style of refereeing the game generally.

Still have no idea what on earth Halliday was thinking though, it was a simple early pass back to McGregor yet he inexplicably decided to stroll around waiting for something to happen.

He made the exact same error at the Chamber of Secrets in the 2.1 game & cost himself a booking.

Indecisive, no strength & no pace.

He was garbage today. Never a left back in a million years. No idea why Barasic wasn’t playing.

PS to answer your question he got away with one. He made a right c()nt if it and the ref saved him.
Said this at the time - think Barasic was being rested after 2 games with Croatia and with Feyenoord/St Johnstone in mind.

It says the gaffer has no trust in barisic to do the job of left back position.

Why did he play him in The Legia game then which up to that point was our most important game of the season, very mixed messages from The Gaffer

The rule is that it’s up to the ref to decide if the player has to leave by the nearest touchline, he/she can tell them to leave at halfway if they deem it a safety\security issue.

To the question at hand it didn’t look like a foul on Halliday from my seat.
Which is ridiculous given the league is more important.

Why not play Barišić in both. This chopping and changing is needless. Yet again we go with a different option at left back on Thursday and no doubt Halliday will be in there against St. Johnstone.

Flanagan is out. Give Barišić the nod.
Because barisic played twice in int duty is irrelevant as he s only 24 and cant be knackered as he hardly plays for us.
He would have been sharper than halliday.
SG is starting to concern me with some tactics and team selection.

Thought it was soft and would have been raging if it was given against us.
Morelos seemed to make the most of the foul that led to tavs goal as well

From my view it was not a foul on Halliday, he was caught in two minds and made a mess of it, goal should have stood.

Here we go and it’s Halliday who is the new scapegoat.
Some of the comments are embarrassing.
Dunno what the opinion of the rest is but talk in the pub was he ( Halliday ) had a stinker but he was not the only one.
Reactions on here immediately after a game are more than often bizarre.
Not trying to have a dig.

Halliday appeared to be waiting to be fouled rather than dealing with the ball as he had plenty of time to do so, big risk to take..

Agreed. Every week I convince myself which ref is the worst. I was sure for a long time Clancy was the worst, then Madden started to change my mind, now Gollum has recomfirmed the fact they are all utterly utterly incompetent. Incompetent most weeks, then when we are playing it seems to go up a notch ...
I'm sure I saw UEFA have ditched him after realising how poor a spineless c<nt he is

The Livi player knocked Halliday off balance. Sometimes theyre given sometimes theyre not. Worked in our favour today as we'd have been in trouble had it stood. However Colum had already blown before he put the ball away so there's all the "ifs","buts", and"maybes" about Goldson and Shagger stopping playing

Was it a foul? Couldn’t see too clearly from Copland but it looked like Halliday was a bit too casual and not that much in it.

Thought he got away with 1 there.
I thought it was a foul but I wanted Halliday subbed right there for being so stupid.

I'm expecting this decision by the ref to be the main talking point for most of next week and Collum's head to be impaled on the Ibrox Gates.

Halliday looked very nonchalant when he was running, more like jogging, towards the ball.

He got lucky imo.

He’s not a Left Back, the project to turn him in to one should be stopped. He got bullied at times, he got very lucky to get the free kick and the goal chopped was very sloppy on the ball with the player bearing down.

He was so far down the list of our worries today it's unreal but you crack on getting the likes with the easy targets.

He was so far down the list of our worries today it's unreal but you crack on getting the likes with the easy targets.

He won’t shag You Mate. Defending Halliday on many occasions but he lost every aerial battle and was pulled all over the place. I don’t see why me saying on a Halliday thread he’s no Left Back that you have your knickers in a twist.

He won’t shag You Mate. Defending Halliday on many occasions but he lost every aerial battle and was pulled all over the place. I don’t see why me saying on a Halliday thread he’s no Left Back that you have your knickers in a twist.

Rubbish, today there were far more concerns for me, and most around me, than the left back position but you crack on. Halliday is not the answer as left back in a successful Rangers team but today isn't the day to highlight it when far more prominent players played like muck.

Rubbish, today there were far more concerns for me, and most around me, than the left back position but you crack on. Halliday is not the answer as left back in a successful Rangers team but today isn't the day to highlight it when far more prominent players played like muck.

Yawn

The whole LB situation is doing my head in now. Halliday isn't a LB and it shows, Borna is a LB and should be getting a run of games. Andy messed up today and was saved by a poor decision by the ref, I've no doubt had that been at the other end the FF ref conspiracy theorists would have been out in force. Give BB 10 games to show whether he's going to cut it or not

Halliday is a squad player nothing more nothing less and yes WC done us a favour today didn’t see anything wrong in the challenge.

Some folk are letting their opinion of Halliday as a LB influence their opinion as to whether it was a foul on him today.

Watch it again. It’s a foul as clear as day ffs.

If it had been the other way around we would have been going mental

And would have been laughed at for even raising it.

We don’t get stick on decisions every week. I think the chances of us getting to blatantly foul the opposition left back before running in for a one on one would be limited.

Some folk are letting their opinion of Halliday as a LB influence their opinion as to whether it was a foul on him today.

Watch it again. It’s a foul as clear as day ffs.

He's not a left back and whether it was a foul or not he was absolutely not the problem today.

Said before the game Halliday, Goldson and Arfield should not have been starting that game and I stand by that. All 3 of them were poor.

The only reason Halliday got away with that was Willie Collum being a shite ref and consistently giving fouls for next to no contact throughout the game.

Back