When Halliday got robbed and the boy scored

Said before the game Halliday, Goldson and Arfield should not have been starting that game and I stand by that. All 3 of them were poor.
None of those players covered themselves in glory today but they weren’t the only ones. I thought Katic was poor today as well for example.

We have hit a mini slump after a pretty good start but we still won against a team who always set out to frustrate and have also started well.

There’s loads of room for improvement but 1 loss in 14 so far isn’t bad going at all.

None of those players covered themselves in glory today but they weren’t the only ones. I thought Katic was poor today as well for example.

We have hit a mini slump after a pretty good start but we still won against a team who always set out to frustrate and have also started well.

There’s loads of room for improvement but 1 loss in 14 so far isn’t bad going at all.

And very few are giving Livingston any credit when they played extremely well and were unlucky with a couple of the refs decisions.

He's not a left back and whether it was a foul or not he was absolutely not the problem today.

Don’t disagree on your general point re Halliday not your general point re the game. My point was simply that it was a blatant foul on him.

The various issues shouldn’t be conflated but some on here can’t seem to resist it.

Was it a foul? Couldn’t see too clearly from Copland but it looked like Halliday was a bit too casual and not that much in it.

Thought he got away with 1 there.

There are no guarantees that if the foul had not been given the lad would have scored.

Shagger basically stopped when the ref gave the foul.

They were given various fouls today for softer incidents.

So yes, it was most definitely a foul going by Collums rules.

Assuming because Borna played 2 international games and therefore considered match fit for Thursday without risking him today. I can’t think of any other reason

Who else in our squad played twice in the international break? Katic?
I totally agree everything about Halliday being casual and making a mistake but the fact is that he was brought to fall due to contact by the Livi player who made no contact with the ball. It was technically a certain foul.

If Barisic had of played it would have been his third game within just more than a week.
Eh!
Come to think of it Stevie Davis also had three games in just more than a week and he is well into his thirties. Katic wasn't called up this time for the person that asked.

I am not a great fan of Andy Halliday. I get the fact he is a massive Rangers man, however he does my head in every game he plays he gets the dramatic injury that he recovers from 30 seconds later, Borna is a Croatian internationalist watching the third choice left back play before him.

The self same behaviour that Barisic was vilified for. Halliday does himself no favours with that and had Barisic performed like Halliday today there would be umpteen threads slating him.

Just as an aside - McGregor needs to stop having those mental blood rushes when he charges out to the striker. They never come off for him and he'd have been just as culpable if it'd cost us.
As an aside remind me of 5 times in his career where he's done this, and 3 wheres its cost us?

You see fouls given everyday in that situation.
Defenders running towards the corner flag and throwing themselves to the ground when the forward is hot on his heels.
But Halliday wasn't running towards the corner, he did throw himself though and got away with it.
Pretty risky in the circumstances.
I predict Sportscene will show it and say the ref got it wrong. Hahaha!

Wasn’t close to the incident but didn’t appear to be much wrong with it. Was abysmal play by Halliday (although if he was fouled then he’s obviously of the hook).

I thought Halliday was brushed aside. No foul. The linesman didn't flag it and he was closer to it. I was more than surprised to see it chalked off.

Was it a foul? Couldn’t see too clearly from Copland but it looked like Halliday was a bit too casual and not that much in it.

Thought he got away with 1 there.
Looked soft to me , that big striker caused us a few issues, and although we aren’t blessed with an amazing left back , halliday definitely shouldn’t be playing there as first pick.

Seemed extremely soft to me. As soon as I realised it was Halliday sweeping up the ball I foreseen exactly what was going to happen. I expected it.

He should only be in our squad when we are down to the bare bones. You can’t fault his attitude but he’d probably struggle to hold down a game at a team like Motherwell never mind playing a part for us on a semi-regular basis. He’s hugely limited. A very good performance in one Old Firm game has gone a long way for him.

I thought it was a foul. The surprise was that Gollum blew for it.

Did he blow before the "goal" was scored?

Halliday is at best a squad player that can do a turn when required. He has a terrible habit of throwing himself to the ground expecting a foul to automatically be given. He seems to do this in areas that can be very costly. Was lucky today, but I'm sure that will be evened out pretty soon.

I got the impression that McGregor heard the whistle before the guy got near him as he didn't really make much of an effort to stop him, if there was no whistle he'd have cleaned him out.
I agree tbf as I heard the whistle up in the club deck and Greegsy hates conceding so would have made an effort otherwise

Without reading all the pages the bottom line is Andy Halliday has a habit of being a bit of a drama queen. He got lucky today when admittedly he was fouled but he had also f****d the control of the situation.
Let’s be honest if we have any aspirations of winning the league/Cups we need better than Andy

Honestly think we got away with that 1 a wee bit. All teams get away with stuff over the course of a season. Fact.

In view of what the ref's do to us normally I'm not surprised that some supporters said we got off lightly as our players are usually fair game for assaults and intended crippling tackles.
Bearing that in mind it may seem soft, but an intentional two handed push in back to get the player with the ball out of the way and then gain possession is a foul and if we had VAR it would have proven that.

Last edited:
Five pages about one incident in a season that's seen us under perform domestically this season apart from 35 minutes against Hibernian. I think we need to start looking at some of our higher profile players rather than a makeshift left back that most agree is a squad player at best.

Five pages about one incident in a season that's seen us under perform domestically this season apart from 35 minutes against Hibernian. I think we need to start looking at some of our higher profile players rather than a makeshift left back that most agree is a squad player at best.

Well he almost cost us the game with that one moment of inexplicable slackness, and he should never be the last man, slower than a week in the jail.
As has been mentioned above, this experiment needs to end now.

It was a foul from the Govan Rear. Also the ref blew for it and the only player to really continue was the livingston player.

Anyone who says Halliday shouldn’t be playing in front of Barisic clearly hasn’t been watching the Croat in a blue shirt since Christmas last year. Halliday at least goes forward and tries to find something positive from a pass instead of always backwards.., if he’s not passing it backwards, he’s crossing it into the keepers arms... fact.
Typical follow follow thread this.

Did anyone see him stop kick off after the penalty and rally the troops. The guy kicked the rest up the arse which was needed at the time

I don't think it was a foul but the decision was at least consistent with several others prior. Mistake by Halliday to not deal with it properly but the Halliday haters seem to be out in force on FF.

Anyone who says Halliday shouldn’t be playing in front of Barisic clearly hasn’t been watching the Croat in a blue shirt since Christmas last year. Halliday at least goes forward and tries to find something positive from a pass instead of always backwards.., if he’s not passing it backwards, he’s crossing it into the keepers arms... fact.
Typical follow follow thread this.

Did anyone see him stop kick off after the penalty and rally the troops. The guy kicked the rest up the arse which was needed at the time

Hi Andy

Thought Halliday fell asleep when going for the ball. As an aside, if Barisic cant play today, there is really no point having him. Today would have been perfect for him getting forward and delivering decent balls into the box, which is essential when teams are sitting in. Halliday's ball into the box was poor time after time. I also don't buy into the keeping him for Thursday argument, today was far more important than Thursday.

Back