Rangers Legends v Liverpool Legends

The club should sell posters at a fiver a pop of Stevie G in his Gers kit. Just showed to the kids and they want that picture for their bedroom wall. Great marketing opportunity

EGsWhw_WoAMBGEp

Really enjoyed that today so I did, good atmosphere. Highlight was obviously Gerrard. Thought Alex Rae was decent, Pedro Mendes was good too and as mentioned Sasa Papac looks like he could still get a game. So wished Mols to get a goal but sadly not. You could still see today the skills Mols had.

A great day out.

Really enjoyed that today so I did, good atmosphere. Highlight was obviously Gerrard. Thought Alex Rae was decent, Pedro Mendes was good too and as mentioned Sasa Papac looks like he could still get a game. So wished Mols to get a goal but sadly not. You could still see today the skills Mols had.

A great day out.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day.

On top of your comments I thought Lovenkrands & Alan Hutton did well too.

And Alexander has a few great saves too ;)

Gerrard in a blue jersey the obvious highlight. Felt like the ball wouldnt go out for an eternity when he was waiting to get on.

Thought apart from the gaffer wee Nacho got the loudest cheer. Love that man

I thought standouts in a blue jersey were Lovenkrands, Rae and Clint Hill(great block to stop the gaffer scoring in the 1st half)

Just me though or Big Ecks tactics were horrendous? Yes it was a charity game but Vignal in midfield? Johansson on the left wing? Buffel on the right? Boyd and then Mols up front on their own? Jig in midfield? Should have gone 4 4 2 from the start!

This one's a Cnt as well, Scouse bastard:)

Watched the game on LFC tv, very fair pundits. I thought the officials were cnts. esp. Ref. In a friendly, the usual bastard decisions, none for us, and blew up 90mins 15secs gone when we were about to take a throw in right by their box, The cnt. couldn't finish game quick enough to deny SG the usual penalty taken by man of the moment in these games. Apart from that, surprisingly good game, ball played out from the back, good understanding of each other and few mistakes and all for two good causes.

This one's a Cnt as well, Scouse bastard:)

Watched the game on LFC tv, very fair pundits. I thought the officials were cnts. esp. Ref. In a friendly, the usual bastard decisions, none for us, and blew up 90mins 15secs gone when we were about to take a throw in right by their box, The cnt. couldn't finish game quick enough to deny SG the usual penalty taken by man of the moment in these games. Apart from that, surprisingly good game, ball played out from the back, good understanding of each other and few mistakes and all for two good causes.
DOgx98z.jpg

;)

Outstanding picture.

The sight of Steven Gerrard in a Rangers jersey playing at Ibrox is a thing of beauty.

I was 20 when Gerrard was in his pomp and whilst people were either in the Scholes or Lampard camp, Gerrard for me was always the best. 2004/05 was the season Gerrard will always be remembered for. The other two played in great sides surrounded by absolute quality.

Never been a supporter or fan of Liverpool but what he done as a captain, leader, player - almost single handedly on a weekly basis, season after season - was unreal. Proper player, proper captain, leader, inspiration, a player that would have walked into any team world wide. The sort of professional you want in your team.

I always had two English Premiership/British players I wanted to see pull on the red, white and blue; David Beckham and Steven Gerrard. Beckham held our top prior to the match vs. AC Milan and today Gerrard wore it.

Now go and deliver '55.

Outstanding picture.

The sight of Steven Gerrard in a Rangers jersey playing at Ibrox is a thing of beauty.

I was 20 when Gerrard was in his pomp and whilst people were either in the Scholes or Lampard camp, Gerrard for me was always the best. 2004/05 was the season Gerrard will always be remembered for. The other two played in great sides surrounded by absolute quality.

Never been a supporter or fan of Liverpool but what he done as a captain, leader, player - almost single handedly on a weekly basis, season after season - was unreal. Proper player, proper captain, leader, inspiration, a player that would have walked into any team world wide. The sort of professional you want in your team.

I always had two English Premiership/British players I wanted to see pull on the red, white and blue; David Beckham and Steven Gerrard. Beckham held our top prior to the match vs. AC Milan and today Gerrard wore it.

Now go and deliver '55.

Great post CC.

Loved that today. We took the wee guy (4), and he lasted the whole match! Great to see guys like Papac, Cuellar, Rae, Lovenkrands, Mols and Buffel still looking the part. Liverpool are my English team and needless to say my highlight was the last 10 minutes. Stevie G in blue! Tremendous.

Great post CC.

The picture is fucking awesome. He leads us to '55 and it's getting blown up and mounted.

That will have meant every bit as much to Gerrard as what it would to us.

He's just pulled on the Rangers top inside the home dressing room at Ibrox before running on to the park to play for Rangers - charity legend match or not, real football men understand what it means.

We all know his Liverpool connections but knowing the footballing man Gerrard is, he'll be telling stories of how he pulled on the red white and blue inside the home dressing room at Ibrox just like Souness, Cooper, McCoist, Greig, Jardine, Gough, Baxter, Gascoigne, Morton, Shaw, Woodburn, Johnston... once all did.

Back