Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

An international with a proven first rate ability from a deadball offers himself, Tav says “Yer orite mate, my wand of a boot has got this” and floats it to nobody. Again.

Airfield and Ojo have offered very little for the majority of their games. When I see a front 3 of Morelos Arfield and Ojo, I don’t feel comfortable. It’s just not got enough of a threat and seriously lacks creativity.

We talk about improving the squad, but for me the level of the rest of the squad has left Arfield behind as he wants too long on the ball. Our attack slows down when we play through him.
As for Ojo, I don’t see him as anything special and certainly not worthy of a guaranteed place every week. The persistence with him is bewildering to me.

We were shit, no real fluency or urgency,lack of dig in the middle of the park,not the least bit surprised by this. As for Tavernier, some on here will try and defend him really there's not much to defend, the same man will cost us again this season, you can put your house on that.

As poor a game of football as you'll see. Genuinely boring.

Not bringing anything new to the party with my opinion but Tav, Aribo, Kamara and Ojo were abysmal. You can't be four men down and expect to win. Even Davis had a poor game.

Top of the league for one game. We are winning nothing with serial losers like Tavernier as captain. He's not the only one to be fair.
Every time we are doing well, Tavernier does something stupid that costs us, worst captain in our history, but nobody is allowed to criticse him. If he doesn't %^*& up at Young Boys or Tynecastle, we win both games.

Hard to pick out one outstanding player today. Much easier to say Tav and Ojo were pathetic.

Flat performance, typical first game after a break flop.

Utter disgraceful performance, they are utter garbage as well, can someone please explain what aribo and kamara did today? Both brought nothing, and as for that so called captain of ours he needs dropped as soon as possible, but the manager doesn't have the balls for that, go top and then make a lady's front bottom of the next game, sound familiar under Gerrard.

We missed Jack and Stewart today - badly. Why did we have to wait until the 81st to get Defoe on and why did he replace Morelos? Poor show from Gerrard on that front, but Tavernier should be dealing with the situation that lead to their goal.

Some shocking comments just on the last page of this thread, which is why I stayed out of it. It's a piss poor performance but you'd think this was new to just this team and management. We didn't win every away game with flair under Smith, Souness or Advocaat you know, and all of them occasionally dropped points then.

We didn’t deserve to win but you'd think we'd just gone 10 behind going by some of the comments on here. Shameful from some of you.

I said weeks ago about Tav with no one defending in front of him now Candyman has gone he will cost us more points and watch this space. Not so long and his poor form continues. Expect more. That is why no one has ever bid for him because he is a shockingly bad defender which is the most important aspect of his position.

Last edited:
No doubt his usual apologists (you really are his fan boys) will be on once again reminding me what a great attacking threat our right back is. Unfortunately he once again has shown he can’t do the most important part of his job well enough which is defend. Whether you want to accept it or not, he costs us points/games every season with his incompetence, and today he managed it again. I hope I am wrong, I really do, but since his first season in the Premier League, it is obvious that we will never win the League with Tavernier as our right back.

We have ridden our luck away from home this season and against a team who performed to their ability, and not their league position, we got found out.

Someone please explain the subs?

Did Arfield deserve to last as long as he did?
Did Ojo deserve to last as long as he did?
Why take of Morelos?

Shambles of a performance. Tav is needing a slap, another shambles of a performance from him, crossing and defending for the goal was terrible.

That’s exactly how Scottish clubs cannot do anything in Europe,watch the game again they continued to stop the game at any point put a compliant ref in charge bingo job done,I know we didn’t play but they fouled the entire game how not one hearts player wasn’t sent off is staggering,the big lump of wood up top must have broke records for the amount of fouls he conceded and didn’t get booked,bad day but could have been worse.

Usually levelled headed when it comes to tav but he was fucking woeful today for the goal and final ball into the box. Perhaps Rangers should look into financial penalties etc for losses as well as wins. That being said, many players in our team believe when we go top that we have already won the league. You just have to look at McGregor doing his nut and Davis clearing the ball short of the halfway line. They’ve done it before, and are reacting to the game as they see fit for the best outcome. I hope the rest will learn too but they seriously need to mature and represent the badge that they are privileged enough to wear.
That being said BJK and WATP.

Was worried that the International break would break the momentum we had leading into it. Hopefully this he gaffer can get them back to that level of performance sharpish.

Continuous mistakes aside, Tavernier is not a leader. He could prove to be the biggest error Gerrard makes by continually playing an out of form player. Airfield and Ojo also must not be first picks.

Very dissapointing result in saying that I wasn't as overly confident as some.An away game to Hertz is never going to be easy especially after the stick they have been getting for their form so far in the league hopeful we can put them back in their box in the cup game.

Poor performance with many players hiding. Midfield /wingers created nothing. Only Davis gets pass marks in there. Again, Tav has a nightmare of a game and his confidence looks shot, he's becoming a liability and the manager will need to consider what's best for the team.
It must be said though, a strong ref would have sent off at least two of their players today.
Fair play to Hearts though, played over the edge at times but worked extremely hard.
Barasic and Davis our best players today.

For the life of me, why the hell was Tavernier allowed to take that free kick? He's been rank rotten the whole game, surely it should have been Borisic.

Ojo is playing a man down, yet he persists.

Greg Stewart made a big difference to us in the two previous games. He should have started today. As for Ojo, few if any of our supporters would have him in the team for Tynecastle. It is always a hard physical shift there and Ojo is not up for that at the best of times.

Totally inept today, too many players posted missing , just not good enough and didn't deserve anything more than we got, a chance to prove ourselves against a rotten hearts team and didn't look up for it, aribo, ojo,arfield , Davis never in the game, thank God for Morelos

and why is that nonsense? tav is LITERALLY giving away results like its christmas and its just straight up glaring errors and he is not doing anything to justify him in an attacking sense either, playing him when he has been an absolute liability all season is nonsense

It's nonsense because it's the one area of the pitch where we have no competition. Throwing Polster in against Porto isn't going to be the answer.

Some shocking comments just on the last page of this thread, which is why I stayed out of it. It's a piss poor performance but you'd think this was new to just this team and management. We didn't win every away game with flair under Smith, Souness or Advocaat you know, and all of them occasionally dropped points then.

...but the difference is we didn’t blow it every time we had the chance to put them under severe pressure. So far, many of this team have and continuously. This is the easy part of the season as well.

1 shot on target against a team sitting in 11th place before today , not good enough , lacking creativity , nothing out wide , delivery from free kicks shocking , basic passing mistakes , a massive wake up call.

What do we actually get from Kamara, Ojo, Aribo? Because game after game they are offering absolutely nothing. We can not afford to go into games with at least 3 players who are doing nothing to help us win the game.

Woeful - another awful away performance. We just don’t look convincing at all. Ojo, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield & even Davis producing zilch in the middle of the park. Tav continuing his shocking form this season - I don’t care how many penalties he scores, he’s shipping goals like an amateur & he had umpteen chances to find a man in the box & fluffed it.

Couple of late goals at St Johnstone aside, every away game is an utter toil again this season.

Levein managed to get the game played exactly how he wanted, stop start,stop start.
He did not want this game to flow, he knew Clancy would oblige.

On saying that we should have moved the ball quicker.

Gerrards surely has to see arfield is knackered and stewart is there on a bit form

Ojo hides

Middle of the pitch is to similar

And we got bullied today far to much school boy defending again

After we scored we actually had nothing no fight

Usual performance from the usual suspects when the pressure is on and we are needing a win.

No mistake, Hearts are dross and we made them look decent.

Poor performance from us that we’ll need to wake up from as make no mistake every team in the SPFL will play that exact same way against us.

As expected, Hearts decided to turn up for this one.

We weren't good enough tbf, Ojo and Arfield need dropped. Tavs had a poor game as well and cost us the goal.

People throwing in the towel at this stage deserve a slap though. Same people that have us "winning 55" after a good result, complete reactionary weirdos.

A draw at Tynecastle isn't the worst result in the world.

Back