Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Bad games happens and we will drop points remember so every player can be Let of on the bad game card apart from captain tav who is yet to have a good game

Hearts played like a team whose lives depended on it, we didn't as simple as that. But there was one very interesting statistic -
McGregor -no fouls one yellow card
Morelos one foul (which wasn't a foul at all) one yellow card
Ikpeazu or whatever) umpteen fouls one yellow card (eventually). And to sum up the hammerthrowing nature of Scottish football, he got man of the match.

Badly miss jack in these games. Gerrard dropped Stewart which was fucking mental before the game then takes of Morelos, banger stuff. Everyone knew against hearts junior football tactics he’d get no where near the ball.
Only chance we had was through Morelos and he took him off.

hopefully with Kent back that’s the last we’ll see of Ojo for a while. Arfield needs dropped and tav was utterly horrific today.

Tavs drop completely off form has been frightening. From being the most dynamic and creative player in the team to utter shite. When Tav doesn’t play well we struggle to get up the levels. Between him and Morelos we are heavily reliant on them.
It’s hard to say if we’re too reliant on Tav because he plays every single game, we’ve not seen this rangers team without him.

It’s long past time we found out

2 weeks until the cup game against hearts and if we play like that against them again we will lose it utterly dreadful today lucky the ball dropped to Morelos after good movement to peel of hickey to get the space but after that we offered nothing in the way of shots on target and goal scoring opportunities. That big diving shit Berra always seems to have one of his better games against us

I thought we talked ourselves into that type of performance. Gerrard just before kick off going on about a tight park, hostile atmosphere, Hearts will be up for it. We should have went out and played our game, let them worry about us.
Extreme lack of urgency, very poor movement off the ball and a lack of desire. The biggest worry though is that once again we shat it and the biggest culprit for that was our captain.

For the life of me, why the hell was Tavernier allowed to take that free kick? He's been rank rotten the whole game, surely it should have been Borisic.
Watched the Managers face at the free kicks, surely it's time to give this guy a benching. or what does it take.

When we have people playing poor it's not just 1 or 2

Tav, Arfield, Ojo, Aribo had very poor game with Goldson and Katic not far behind them

If we are to win the league we need players that are up for the fight when duty calls

That's the reason we won't win the league, same old same old dropping points against teams we should be winning against comfortably, nothing changed from last season then.

What do we actually get from Kamara, Ojo, Aribo? Because game after game they are offering absolutely nothing. We can not afford to go into games with at least 3 players who are doing nothing to help us win the game.

you missed arfield off your list, worst player on the park.

Meshino should have been picked up, he hit it with no pressure from a single player. Nobody within 10 yards of him. So no, not the only one who cost us a goal.

Claptrap pish - if Tav doesn't header fresh air, then Moshino becomes irrelevant.

It's like saying he didn't cause the first goal in Bern because someone should've picked up the runner who tapped it in.

Two big games, three mistakes from Tav, 5 points dropped.

Shocking performance today
Tav was useless wasteful clown all game
Ojo was shite as well
Managed a draw but it feels like a heavy defeat
Really missed Jack today

Tav, Ojo and Aribo shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11.
Hell, Arfield also. Too many of them off form right now.

Ok I'll say it. Sheyi Ojo is not good enough for Rangers. Literally offered nothing today. Again. Our manager's apparent blind spot for him will be his undoing at this rate. Kent, Stewart and arguably (if fit) Murphy all offer far more composure, close control and ability to split a defence in the final third than Ojo. Also Aribo needs played where he can be more effective, off the front 3. Far too deep at times again today with Arfield further forward doing not a lot. I'd love to know the manager's reasoning for dropping Stewart today when he has arguably been our best player in last two games.

One of the worst games of football, I’ve ever seen.
Got dragged down to their level and didn’t have a clue how to change it.
Good point for them. Games like that we have to win if we have any ambitions for the title.
Horrendous advert for Scottish football.

It was hard to watch. Every time we get a throw in we give the ball away but we allow the opposition to take there's with ease.

Woeful - another awful away performance. We just don’t look convincing at all. Ojo, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield & even Davis producing zilch in the middle of the park. Tav continuing his shocking form this season - I don’t care how many penalties he scores, he’s shipping goals like an amateur & he had umpteen chances to find a man in the box & fluffed it.

Couple of late goals at St Johnstone aside, every away game is an utter toil again this season.
It’s been coming. I fear the run of games coming up. This is very definitely not a team of winners. They can’t handle pressure.

Really disappointing. A good Rangers performance and the three points were there for the taking. That is not a good Hearts team. We just never got sustained control of the ball. It was scrappy for most of the game. That said, dropping a couple of points at Tynecastle isn’t the sort of result which typically costs you the league - we will always drop points at the likes of Tynecastle, Easter Road and Pittodrie. I couldn’t understand why so many thought we were going to coast that 3, 4 or 5 nil today. We very rarely coast it at Tynecastle and look at our away league results this year - even the win at St Johnstone wasn’t easy until the dying minutes. The over confidence from people on here when we go away from home is bizarre.

Last edited:
Tav is shocking defensively and it’s costing us now but do we think he could do a job on the right wing with Flanagan at right back behind him?

they might , they dropped pts at livi, they will drop more points and so will we , as bad a s we were , these arent easy games
livy away is tougher than tynecastle in my op
I do agree a points not the end of the world
however a flying stewart benched instead of a jet lagged arfield has to be questioned

...but the difference is we didn’t blow it every time we had the chance to put them under severe pressure. So far, many of this team have and continuously. This is the easy part of the season as well.

Time will tell. Yesterday the board was full of comments about winning 55, doubles and trebles. Now the team are bottlers and the manager is a fraud. Crazy. As a support we really are bipolar.

Have we forgotten how to play a game of football?

Seemed spooked by their big forward and got involved in their game of ping pong.

You have to turn up to these games. And bot one player has turned up.

As poor a game as I've seen us involved in. An absolute nothing performance.

Jeeso. Have I stumbled into a Tim site? Why not go the whole hog and refer to him as 'Slippy G'. Seriously mate, we are all disappointed but just %^*& right off with this shite.

What's shite about it?

We have self sabotaged every time we have went top of the league and have a manager with no experience of mounting a sustained challenge as a player.

Why should that be considered ridiculous?

Was always gonna be a tough game and Hearts do what they do well and enjoy a scrap but i find that performance difficult to understand. We cant even say we missed some chances or their keeper was superb 2nd half i expected Rangers to have more of the play but it was rotten.

Totally lacked inspiration, not the end of the world but quite a worrying performance. Id guess the manager is going mental in that dressing room so many poor performances today.

Claptrap pish - if Tav doesn't header fresh air, then Moshino becomes irrelevant.

It's like saying he didn't cause the first goal in Bern because someone should've picked up the runner who tapped it in.

Two big games, three mistakes from Tav, 5 points dropped.
It's nothing like Bern at all. Tav was at fault but so is our midfield for not picking up meshino - no player should be getting a free hit from 25 yards.

Tav is shocking defensively and it’s costing us now but do we think he could do a job on the right wing with Flanagan at right back behind him?
no , hes effective from right back due to starting position , playing him right wing will only make him worse , alternatively could work out , ala bale

An international with a proven first rate ability from a deadball offers himself, Tav says “Yer orite mate, my wand of a boot has got this” and floats it to nobody. Again.

Airfield and Ojo have offered very little for the majority of their games. When I see a front 3 of Morelos Arfield and Ojo, I don’t feel comfortable. It’s just not got enough of a threat and seriously lacks creativity.

We talk about improving the squad, but for me the level of the rest of the squad has left Arfield behind as he wants too long on the ball. Our attack slows down when we play through him.
As for Ojo, I don’t see him as anything special and certainly not worthy of a guaranteed place every week. The persistence with him is bewildering to me.

Ojo and Aribo still look shell-shocked by the pace and aggression of the SPL. Tav is in poor form and Kamara is hit and miss.

1 below par performance and folk losing the plot.

Far too many surrender monkeys on this board.

Long way to go.

long way to go but we give up first placeat the first time of asking, It’s shocking.

Tough run of away games coming up and a nightmare of a December to come as well.

hopefully we can regroup but this group doesn’t show me any confidence that we won’t drop a good few more points away from home up to the break.

Back