Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Was always gonna be a tough game and Hearts do what they do well and enjoy a scrap but i find that performance difficult to understand. We cant even say we missed some chances or their keeper was superb 2nd half i expected Rangers to have more of the play but it was rotten.

Totally lacked inspiration, not the end of the world but quite a worrying performance. Id guess the manager is going mental in that dressing room so many poor performances.

I expected us to come flying out the traps second half after the equalizer instead we saw exactly the same timid performance. Really disappointing and worrying we can’t seem to sustain a lead or build on their slip ups.

1 shot on target.

One.

Sideways passing, backwards passing, lumping balls to nobody, pointless crosses to nobody, static midfield, no pressure on the ball in defense and we might as well have had training cones as wingers.

Weak in the middle, ineffective on the flanks, over-run in all positions and Tav doing his favourite trick of making an individual error and causing a goal.

Yep, reminds me of last December against Hibs and the Sheep.

no , hes effective from right back due to starting position , playing him right wing will only make him worse , alternatively could work out , ala bale
I was just thinking about it mate, he’s a great option going forward but defensively found out a lot, maybe an option

livy away is tougher than tynecastle in my op
I do agree a points not the end of the world
however a flying stewart benched instead of a jet lagged arfield has to be questioned

i think both are equally difficult but we need to stop obsessing over being top or not at this time, aslong as we stay in the hunt until may , we can do this.

i do agree though, stewart should have played

A point at tynecastle isn't the end of the world, but it's the performance that's the problem. Starting to look like we don't have the bottle

Badly miss jack in these games. Gerrard dropped Stewart which was fucking mental before the game then takes of Morelos, banger stuff. Everyone knew against hearts junior football tactics he’d get no where near the ball.
Only chance we had was through Morelos and he took him off.

hopefully with Kent back that’s the last we’ll see of Ojo for a while. Arfield needs dropped and tav was utterly horrific today.

Tavs drop completely off form has been frightening. From being the most dynamic and creative player in the team to utter shite. When Tav doesn’t play well we struggle to get up the levels. Between him and Morelos we are heavily reliant on them.

Alfie was getting more and more frustrated and could well have ended up being sent off.

We've seen SG 'protect' Katic and Barisic to varying degrees over the last two season, so why is he not protecting his captain? Clearly something is up with him.
There is, he is vastly overrated and as a result we expect too much from him. He can’t cross a ball consistently, nobody knows where it’s going, including himself. Hits the first man regularly, and if he manages to clear him its overhit. He occasionally passes muster when we are against a team sitting in and has plenty time, but when pressed or is forced to defend, he falls at the first.
His ballwatching is depressing, Even after fluffing the header for their goal today, he lay on the ground watching play continue. Say it had come off the bar or post instead of going in, he was in no position to defend. He does this sort of thing all the time.
I’m not jumping on any bandwagon either, I’ve been saying this for years now.

1 shot on target.

One.

Sideways passing, backwards passing, lumping balls to nobody, pointless crosses to nobody, static midfield, no pressure on the ball in defense and we might as well have had training cones as wingers.

Weak in the middle, ineffective on the flanks, over-run in all positions and Tav doing his favourite trick of making an individual error and causing a goal.

Yep, reminds me of last December against Hibs and the Sheep.
Yep not good enough, just didn’t look interested today which is worrying

What's shite about it?

We have self sabotaged every time we have went top of the league and have a manager with no experience of mounting a sustained challenge as a player.

Why should that be considered ridiculous?

His career has hardly been unsuccessful though has it, I take it winning teo European trophies wasnt any sort of challenge. In any case, It's an unnecessary snide dig at our manager and the sort of shitey stick scum bags at Man Utd and the beggars would use to beat him with.

If you cant see why its ridiculous, then crack on.

Just checked the league table there expecting to be 8 points behind,but hey,we're joint top.
Calm down everyone. 2 weeks ago the poets were getting it big time for having a breakdown. What do you all call this?
Theres no or never has been a team who goes out and strolls every game. That's football,if it was easy as that there would be no bookies.
I'm quite content,always knew it would be hard going today,tynecastle always is. Long long way to go and after losing to them at Ibrox a few weeks back we're now joint top.
Stop ganging up on the players,we need to be in this all together.

To keep on the subject of Tav, if Gough had cost us three goals in a row and been playing like he'd won a competition to captain Rangers for a day, Walter would have huckled him by now, gave him a talking to and left him on the bench for a game or two.

To caveat that, Tav will get the brunt of the frustrations because he is the captain. There are other players need to really give themselves a shake or get a kick up the arse.

Clancy is always shit but we’ve got no-one to blame but ourselves today.

We didn't play well but that was helped and developed by Clancy's allowing hammerthowers to foul without fear of punishment.

A normal ref applying the rules played in every other league around the world, Hearts don't finish with 11 men. Lucky to finish with 10.

i think both are equally difficult but we need to stop obsessing over being top or not at this time, aslong as we stay in the hunt until may , we can do this.

i do agree though, stewart should have played
nah i agree , leagues aren't won and lost in october

Why is that fraud of a manager of ours hiding on his seat as usual
Look at his face even he knows that pi*h on the park had let him down
As expected, Hearts decided to turn up for this one.

We weren't good enough tbf, Ojo and Arfield need dropped. Tavs had a poor game as well and cost us the goal.

People throwing in the towel at this stage deserve a slap though. Same people that have us "winning 55" after a good result, complete reactionary weirdos.

A draw at Tynecastle isn't the worst result in the world.
F*ck it I am going to be positive too! Tims at Pittodrie next week and us at home should see us back clear by 2 maybe 3 points and then the run of games after that can get us up and running again. We should beat Ross County and Hamilton, with Livingston being the difficult one but achievable. If we win the league by a point then this will be a good result today.

Put that shite down to experience, I'm not going to tear into the whole team no matter how weak the performance. We know there is room for improvement, Hearts got the draw they were looking for.
There was a time when I'd complain about Tav but he's been shite for a few weeks now, todays performance was down to the Boss and Gerrard needs to take long hard look at himself. Tavernier needs to drastically improve or be sidelined...culpable at the goal and distribution was fvcking amateur throughout 90 mins.

The annoying thing was that we knew this was a BIG game & we seemed so unprepared for it right from kick off which is what cost us
How could we possibly not be ready for a team to come at us

Just checked the league table there expecting to be 8 points behind,but hey,we're joint top.
Calm down everyone. 2 weeks ago the poets were getting it big time for having a breakdown. What do you all call this?
Theres no or never has been a team who goes out and strolls every game. That's football,if it was easy as that there would be no bookies.
I'm quite content,always knew it would be hard going today,tynecastle always is. Long long way to go and after losing to them at Ibrox a few weeks back we're now joint top.
Stop ganging up on the players,we need to be in this all together.
When did hearts last win at home.. they have a horrendeous injury list.. we had 1 yes 1 shot on goal.. thing is we have RANGERS fans who are actually happy with a point..

F*ck it I am going to be positive too! Tims at Pittodrie next week and us at home should see us back clear by 2 maybe 3 points and then the run of games after that can get us up and running again. We should beat Ross County and Hamilton, with Livingston being the difficult one but achievable. If we win the league by a point then this will be a good result today.

Tims at pittodrie is a guaranteed 3 points for them. We know the sheep never kick a ball against the mentally challengeds.

His career has hardly been unsuccessful though has it, I take it winning teo European trophies wasnt any sort of challenge. In any case, It's an unnecessary snide dig at our manager and the sort of shitey stick scum bags at Man Utd and the beggars would use to beat him with.

If you cant see why its ridiculous, then crack on.

No one said anything about being unsuccessful, did they? That's an utterly disingenuous take on my suggestion.

Gerrard's success as a player was universally cited as a reason that he might succeed at Ibrox. However, that doesn't take stock of the fact that for almost every year he was a Liverpool player, they failed to live up to expectations in the league. I'm sure you've read his book, yes? In that case you'll know that he acknowledges that in 2014 the pressure of being top became too much, too overbearing and that he was struggling to cope with it all.

Today, tasked with staying top with a win against a team who haven't won at home since fcking March, we blow our league position yet again.

Yes, there's a long way to go. And yes, we should wind our necks in and stop talking about where title 55's celebrations will be held. But don't tell me that his own lack of experience in leading a team to victory over the course of 38 games might not be a factor in all this.

Aberdeen to beat the mhanky mob?
Really?

I was just thinking about it mate, he’s a great option going forward but defensively found out a lot, maybe an option
Nah i get what your saying , good in theory but tavs better coming onto a bale , cant imagine him getting the ball back to a defender and spinning
could work right enough

Back