Gerrard interview on Clyde there

Recoba

Official Ticketer
They played the clip yesterday of Gerrard pleading for the crowd to get behind Tav but they just played an extended interview were he spoke about how players cant play at the top of their game for 60 games a season.

He then made reference to the constant groans at over hit passes or if the ball goes out of play etc.

He sounded really peed off to be honest and said players won't get through a bad patch if we keep screaming and moaning at them.

Its difficult when you are there chasing a goal not to moan but i always feel if we had 50k singing and creating a good atmosphere its much more daunting for the opposition as they feed off the moans and groans.

We really need to get this sorted, that coupled with half the stadium emptying with 15 mins to go is actually embarrassing

This is a personal plea from Gerrard ! we need to wake up and get behind every single player.

Last edited:
We have never been a patient fan base. It is what it is and even when we were winning 9 in a row we moaned more often than not. An absolute waste of time continually debating this. It’s decades old.

They played the clip yesterday of Gerrard pleading for the crowd to get behind Tav but they just played an extended interview were he spoke about how players cant play at the top of their game for 60 games a season.

He then made reference to the constant groans at over hit passes or if the ball goes out of play etc.

He sounded really peed off to be honest and said players won't get through a bad patch if we keep screaming and moaning at them.

Its difficult when you are there chasing a goal not to moan but i always feel if we had 50k singing and creating a good atmosphere its much more daunting for the opposition as they feed off the moans and groans.

We really need to get this sorted, that coupled with half the stadium emptying with 15 mins to go is actually embarrassing

This is a personal plea from Gerrard ! we need to wake up
Not one single song was sung from the Copland road yesterday. It's like a morgue in there.

It’s a bit different not singing a song that might get your stadium closed to making fans stop groaning. Football is about letting of stream. It involves joy and heartache in equal measure. Trying to force joy is a completely pointless exercise.
Nobody is asking folk to force joy just show a bit of patience and support rather than moaning at the first misplaced pass.

Well said by Gerrard.

Only a right weirdo would boo or abuse their own players simply for having poor games. What exactly does it achieve? Strange people.
As soon as the final whistle went and i was walking down the aisle to get out there was some tit screaming saying Gerrard better stop playing Arfield and Aribo or he can gtf, absolute morons !

It'll never change, when things are tough at Ibrox the crowd can become the biggest barrier to winning the game.

Been like that since the first day I started going.

It's down to a lack of football education IMO, some guys just want to rant to be a bit macho.

The Tannoy man could request people who can stay to the end on the request of the manager.

Won’t stop them all but will catch a few thousand imo.

Nobody is asking folk to force joy just show a bit of patience and support rather than moaning at the first misplaced pass.
Your asking 50k plus people to all behave in a certain manner. I can’t genuinely understand who actually thinks this is an achievable goal. And to be clear the reason we have been trophy less for a quite a while is nothing to do with support and everything to do with lack of quality. We might never hear another groan again and it would not help us one bit either way to winning a league. Football fans also release frustration from their lives in general at matches. If football became a self policing happy clapping sport , I’d chuck it. And to be clear I never boo or abuse players but I’ve had my fair share of groans and ffs moments.

It'll never change, when things are tough at Ibrox the crowd can become the biggest barrier to winning the game.

Been like that since the first day I started going.

It's down to a lack of football education IMO, some guys just want to rant to be a bit macho.

Some managers definitely build their game plan around getting the crowd on the team's back. Clarke definitely did last season, time-wasting from the off, to great success. It frustrates the life out of me that some are too thick to see how counterproductive they're being.

Some of the moans that go up when a player plays a pass short are shocking. You could tell Aribo recoiled a bit when he got the treatment yesterday.

Your asking 50k plus people to all behave in a certain manner. I can’t genuinely understand who actually thinks this is an achievable goal. And to be clear the reason we have been trophy less for a quite a while is nothing to do with support and everything to do with lack of quality. We might never hear another groan again and it would not help us one hit either way to winning a league. Football fans also release frustration from their lives in general at matches. If football became a self policing happy clapping sport , I’d chuck it. And to be clear I never boo or abuse players but I’ve had my fair share of groans and ffs moments.
If Gerrard thinks its bad at Ibrox.he ought to log on here during a match.(lol)

Is there such a thing on Planet Earth as a football club with a history of regular trophies with home crowds of 50,000 or more who show patience and don't criticise when they play badly?

Impatient, hyper critical moaning supporters are as much part of football as horrible pies and shit refereeing.

Well instead of just saying that's the way it's always been,why not at least try to change that mindset.
It can only be a win,win. Help the players and make it all round more enjoyable.

We have never been a patient fan base. It is what it is and even when we were winning 9 in a row we moaned more often than not. An absolute waste of time continually debating this. It’s decades old.
Not as much a debate though, is it?
More just a statement of fact.
Fortunately, guys like Gerrard will listen more to McAllister, Beale etc. than the know all’s from the stands.

This is a personal plea from Gerrard ! we need to wake up

Exactly.

He doesn’t need the money & if this isn’t a positive experience for him he might just go down south & see his family every night, which is understandable.

I don’t get why our fans are like this and I’m glad Gerrard is calling those out who constantly moan and groan.

There to support the players and encourage them but folk want to scream how shite they are instead. It’s insane when you think about it.

Should look up supporter in the dictionary.

Is it helpful to players struggling with confidence, no it isn't. Whilst I appreciate the arguement the counter would be that our high standards and appetite for trophies is a contributing factor in why we have the history we do.

One of the reasons we are the world's most successful clun is that we, the fans, do not accept failure easily. We haven't won a major trophy since 2011, eight and a half years ago - its a long time to suffer and every game is must win given how poor most of the league is. Its a frustration thing in the main, mixed in with sheer bawbaggery.

Ibrox can be a hard place to play for our players at times, but if you've got the personality and resilience to keep working you will turn the doubters around. McCoist and Hately are cases in point. The aim for Tav in the short term is cut out the mistakes in big games and drive us to the League Cup. Do that and the rest should follow

Some managers definitely build their game plan around getting the crowd on the team's back. Clarke definitely did last season, time-wasting from the off, to great success. It frustrates the life out of me that some are too thick to see how counterproductive they're being.

Some of the moans that go up when a player plays a pass short are shocking. You could tell Aribo recoiled a bit when he got the treatment yesterday.

Fair enough if there is some objectivity in the rant, or some constructive criticism.

But it's not, 90% of the time it's some player getting nothing but sheer abuse.

How do folk think that's helping??

Gerrard won't say it clearly, but it's down to a lack of football education from the fans so they do the only thing they know to do when their annoyed/angry - abuse.

Who could blame Stevie for being pissed off with a section of the support. Thousands f**cked off from 75mins onwards yesterday. The groans and moans and general negativity pisses me off no end. And there are some proper muppets around me who know the square root of diddly about the game which makes it a hundred times worse.

A chant of 'if you stay for 90 mins...' is long overdue methinks.

All i'll say is Ibrox has always been unforgiving throughout history and it never stopped us from being the most successful team in the world, the fans are not stopping the players being successful...
It could be argued that as a fanbase we dont accept anything other than the best which is why we have been so successful?

Back