Gerrard interview on Clyde there

We really need safe standing so everyone who wants to sing can do that in greater numbers than currently which leads to a greater atmosphere. Gerrard is 100% correct

I'm sure I'll get pelters for this but TBO / UB have actually contributed to a lack of singing in some ways.

The atmosphere could be flat in the stadium and you'd have pockets from the various stands (yes, sometimes even the Main Stand too)

Now, the UB can be great at times and they are now pretty much the only regular noise from the crowd unless it's a top game where everyone is up for it. However, it's all concentrated in that area and the entire stadium just looks to them to create the noise.

I don't think they're a big enough operation (yet) to do what Dortmund for example do and have their Yellow Wall where the noise comes from but there's 10000 of them.

Quite possible a lot of the guys that would lead the singing around various parts of Ibrox are now all concentrated in BF1 and that means, while it's great down there, even less people are encouraged to sing around the ground.

Whether safe standing or whatever makes a difference I don't know but if it does, I would like to see the entire of the Broomloan Front made that kind of area and be populated by people who really want to create an atmosphere and have it grow from there.

Always been the case at Ibrox - dont know about Scottish football in general as i dont follow it. But we are pretty unforgiving.

Remember moans and groans over Charlie Adam and a certain Italian wonderkid at the time...

Both i remember being at matches with the crowd on their backs....Seemed the crowd was wrong as they both did "fairly" well after us,particularly Gatusso.

It's down to a lack of football education IMO, some guys just want to rant to be a bit macho.

As soon as the final whistle went and i was walking down the aisle to get out there was some tit screaming saying Gerrard better stop playing Arfield and Aribo or he can gtf, absolute morons !

'Ahh pay ma muney and ah'll shout if a fuckin want, standards n'at'.

Some of our fans are honestly a complete hindrance. Clueless, angry wee men who get all purple faced at misplaced passes and conceded goals and who scream like feral children.

There was a moment in the 2nd half were Goldson had the ball and the crowd all saw a forward pass to Morelos but he never passed to him and the crowd went mental at him, its not right.

YES - to all of these points.

Similar to what Recoba mentions, there was a point where Aribo had the ball on the near side of the half way line. There were two Motherwell midfield players infront of him and literally no pass on unless he'd opted to hoof the ball with his right foot up the line to their left back.

Aribo did the right thing, checked back and passed to Goldson to retain possession and keep the ball moving.

A guy behind me lost his mind about it. "Get it up the park ya fucking idiot" etc.

Now, I was far from more than a very very average footballer in my day but I understand the modern game (and it doesn't take much to do so given what you watch on a weekly basis now from across Europe or down South) and what what Aribo did was the right thing to do.

It's not 1985 anymore and you don't win games playing like Wimbledon's Crazy Gang.

It's not even just an older generation thing though. There are guys my age and younger who pollute the ground with this sort of stuff.

It's moronic.

Here's the thing. Large swathes of the population are fucking idiots. It makes sense that a large gathering of people will host many who think like this and football encourages their behaviour.

I don't think it'll ever change even if Steven Gerrard is making the point.

Last edited:
Think what an above poster said about a lack of football education is spot on too.

The ones groaning are usually the ones demanding the ball get hoofed forward, and will moan if we keep possession and pass backwards.

Unless fans collectively decide to pull these idiots inside the ground, or maybe try some sort of project outside the ground before fans go in to help this situation, i don't know how it can be fixed

It's mortifying that the gaffer has to keep coming out and saying about the woeful atmosphere

Back