Sick of our fans getting criticism especially from our manager!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting a little tired of seeing the fans getting criticism from all quarters but especially from Gerrard in particular.

Our support isn’t known for its patience never has done but we have been extremely supportive considering the dross that’s been served to us these past 7/8 years and the way we backed the club and players not fit to wear the shirt was incredible some would do well to remember that.

So there was a few groans and what about it the team didn’t turn up at the weekend and the crux of most of the frustration was Tav missing yet another penalty something Gerrard is very culpable in because he should’ve been removed from that duty imo.

Also I think Gerrard has had tremendous support from us considering the money spent and nowhere near trophy last season don’t think many managers would’ve got the leeway he has.

So yes there was a few groans but I’m sorry Gerrard mentioning this was a smokescreen from yet another poor performance against dross in this league and another slow start imo.

We support the team through think and thin history tells us this so let’s cut fans some slack who are probably frustrated and it’ll be down to being so close to winning something and scar tissue from years past.
Nonsense he has backed the fans since he came . All he is asking that we give Tav some support ,as he is struggling at the moment.

If a player doesn’t give 100% then we rightly criticise them. How much do we as fans give, and I’m not talking about just turning up on a Saturday. The league could be won on the finest of margins and the fans could be an additional couple of points quite easy.

Teams like Motherwell should be bricking it coming to Ibrox with the crowd behind us. Instead we make our own players nervous as soon as the first mistake is made.

I’m getting a little tired of seeing the fans getting criticism from all quarters but especially from Gerrard in particular.

Our support isn’t known for its patience never has done but we have been extremely supportive considering the dross that’s been served to us these past 7/8 years and the way we backed the club and players not fit to wear the shirt was incredible some would do well to remember that.

So there was a few groans and what about it the team didn’t turn up at the weekend and the crux of most of the frustration was Tav missing yet another penalty something Gerrard is very culpable in because he should’ve been removed from that duty imo.

Also I think Gerrard has had tremendous support from us considering the money spent and nowhere near trophy last season don’t think many managers would’ve got the leeway he has.

So yes there was a few groans but I’m sorry Gerrard mentioning this was a smokescreen from yet another poor performance against dross in this league and another slow start imo.

We support the team through think and thin history tells us this so let’s cut fans some slack who are probably frustrated and it’ll be down to being so close to winning something and scar tissue from years past.

So to summarise, you’re being critical of the manager because he criticised you for criticising the players? Seems like a reasonable stance to take. We deserve better and all that eh?

Manager asks supporters not to boo the club captain- what a scumbag!!!
Dry your eyes OP, there's nothing to be achieved by booing your own team, it's embarrassing behaviour. I had a word with a younger guy during the Livingston home game he's usually quite affable but he got caught up with a few fannies booing a ball running out for a by kick because it was still 0-0 and we were being frustrated. A by kick ffs!!! Is this what our support has come to?
If you can't support your team and want to dish out abuse to them don't bother coming to Ibrox, you are helping no one.

God help us if we don’t make the League cup final.

a big couple of months coming up for Gerrard and the team.

Not too bothered about criticism, we should be thick skinned by now, we have had it from every quarter. Our own Manager maybe a bit wrong we are there no matter what and there are hundreds of Clubs through Europe would kill for a support like ours.

I'm more concerned by the amount of times 'we don't turn up for a game' it has happened a few times already this season a quarter of the way through. Champions don't turn up a few times in a full season, if that.

I don't pretend to know the answer but there is definitely an issue with our team regarding this. That's the Manager and his teams job.

So far this season it has cost us 5 points, 3 to the mentally challengeds and 2 at Tynecastle, but St Mirren and yesterday as well as Livingston in the cup were instances.

In my opinion its happening far too often even this early in the season.

Manager asks supporters not to boo the club captain- what a scumbag!!!
Dry your eyes OP, there's nothing to be achieved by booing your own team, it's embarrassing behaviour. I had a word with a younger guy during the Livingston home game he's usually quite affable but he got caught up with a few fannies booing a ball running out for a by kick because it was still 0-0 and we were being frustrated. A by kick ffs!!! Is this what our support has come to?
If you can't support your team and want to dish out abuse to them don't bother coming to Ibrox, you are helping no one.

It was the Motherwell fans that were booing him not Rangers fans or at a push one or two not exactly abuse jus ask big Jig what abuse is !!

God help us if we don’t make the League cup final.

a big couple of months coming up for Gerrard and the team.
If that happened i think i will go offline for a good few days, this place will be toxic.

Thankfully i feel the chances of that happening are pretty low but not impossible

I don't think i could take another defeat at Hampden ! it won't happen because the players will come out an go for Hearts with a full press and show everyone how much they want to be in the final.

Amoruso, Konterman and McCulloch have all been booed at Ibrox in the past, it’s not a new thing.

Yes they were properly booed and it was horrible Tav wasn’t and imo won’t be either this whole thing has been blown out of proportion due the manager.

Nobody is talking about how lucky we were to get away with 3 points yesterday instead this is the hot topic.

The bottom line....it doesn't help when a player loses form and he's being slated. Gerrard's job is to win matches and if he thinks that the fans have a part to play by supporting players during these periods then he should/needs to say something.

The bottom line....it doesn't help when a player loses form and he's being slated. Gerrard's job is to win matches and if he thinks that the fans have a part to play by supporting players during these periods then he should/needs to say something.

Gerrard has to help too he shouldn’t have been on the pens with his form and surely must take it out his hands now.

I have been on this board for many years and this is right up there with some of the most conceited, precious posts i have read.
Let's have a wee summary.
You think people at Rangers don't monitor some of the reactionary bollox posted on here and everywhere. You think the manager will not be stunned and bemused at the abuse dished out to a team who have lost 2 games only , joint top of league, are in a semi final and right up there in our EL group.

It's mental.

Nowhere near a trophy? First season against a Tim team way in front and we got to 2 semis and were briefly top and had them shitting it end of December. We were all gutted but to me we got close. I expect closer after this Sunday. 2 years ago we were getting pumped senseless by Timmy for their amusement. He put a stop to that from day 1.

Dross? That is what pisses fans of other teams off. The team we played yesterday are third in the league. You are simply dismissive and disrespectful and show a unnaturally high level of right.

Support through thick and thin? There is a big difference between turning up in big numbers and actually supporting the team. If you cannot see where he is coming from then you like many others can continue to turn up late, leave early and say feck all during your stay at Ibrox unless moaning about fecking every missed pass, every lost tackle and every poor free-kick.

I will be there to support the team on Sunday like every game. Roaring my pleasure when it comes off and encouraging the team when it does not.

Try it...it really is a great way to watch your team. :cool:

I get what the ops saying. However, where he's wrong is, it's not a few
People moaning, and abusing our own players. It's thousands.
My opinion? Get a grip. It's wrong, doesn't help the players one little bit.
And as supporters, the venom is disgusting, from so called fans..

I have been on this board for many years and this is right up there with some of the most conceited, precious posts i have read.
Let's have a wee summary.
You think people at Rangers don't monitor some of the reactionary bollox posted on here and everywhere. You think the manager will not be stunned and bemused at the abuse dished out to a team who have lost 2 games only , joint top of league, are in a semi final and right up there in our EL group.

It's mental.

Nowhere near a trophy? First season against a Tim team way in front and we got to 2 semis and were briefly top and had them shitting it end of December. We were all gutted but to me we got close. I expect closer after this Sunday. 2 years ago we were getting pumped senseless by Timmy for their amusement. He put a stop to that from day 1.

Dross? That is what pisses fans of other teams off. The team we played yesterday are third in the league. You are simply dismissive and disrespectful and show a unnaturally high level of right.

Support through thick and thin? There is a big difference between turning up in big numbers and actually supporting the team. If you cannot see where he is coming from then you like many others can continue to turn up late, leave early and say feck all during your stay at Ibrox unless moaning about fecking every missed pass, every lost tackle and every poor free-kick.

I will be there to support the team on Sunday like every game. Roaring my pleasure when it comes off and encouraging the team when it does not.

Try it...it really is a great way to watch your team. :cool:

Abuse dished out??

Nope I’ve not seen this side under Gerrard being abused.

Tav has probably been our most important individual contributor over the last 2 or 3 years. He’s going through a patch of poor form and low confidence. As a support we should be encouraging him and supporting him through it. Moaning, groaning and abusing him does f*** all to help the situation, in fact it does quite the opposite. So I agree with the gaffer on this one. As with most of his interviews, he says it like he sees it and its difficult to disagree with anything he’s said in his tenure so far. No different in this case.

I’ve sat around folk at Ibrox before who do nothing to vocally encourage the team but are super quick to moan and groan at a misplaced pass. Then they disappear on 70 minutes. It’s as if they have a sense of entitlement and it does my head in. It’s a competitive sport, there are ups but also downs. Supporting a club means supporting them through all of those and actually sticking around to acknowledge their efforts at the end of the game. I’m sure the players find it bizarre to look around at a half empty stadium when the whistle goes even after a good win. Let‘s also remember that Gerrard’s perspective will be based on Anfield and the Liverpool support, who get behind their team and certainly stay to the finish. So he probably finds it strange too. Ibrox can be the very best of atmospheres but it can too quickly be overly and unnecessarily negative. Expectation is one thing, entitlement is another. It’s very frustrating.

I get what the ops saying. However, where he's wrong is, it's not a few
People moaning, and abusing our own players. It's thousands.
My opinion? Get a grip. It's wrong, doesn't help the players one little bit.
And as supporters, the venom is disgusting, from so called fans..

Thousands abusing players and venom you illustrate my point perfectly OTT drivel.

I’m not saying Ibrox is perfect but it’s certainly not what you’re painting it out to be.

It doesn’t do any good but it never happened yesterday that’s my point everything has been blown out of proportion.
But it did though, myself and a few others around me in the Club Deck were not happy at all. Only people I heard saying it didn't were watching on TV which leads me to believe that the Tom Miller has said it was the Motherwell fans. I apologise profusely if I'm wrong but it's not like we don't have previous does it?

Tav has probably been our most important individual contributor over the last 2 or 3 years. He’s going through a patch of poor form and low confidence. As a support we should be encouraging him and supporting him through it. Moaning, groaning and abusing him does f*** all to help the situation, in fact it does quite the opposite. So I agree with the gaffer on this one. As with most of his interviews, he says it like he sees it and its difficult to disagree with anything he’s said in his tenure so far. No different in this case.

I’ve sat around folk at Ibrox before who do nothing to vocally encourage the team but are super quick to moan and groan at a misplaced pass. Then they disappear on 70 minutes. It’s as if they have a sense of entitlement and it does my head in. It’s a competitive sport, there are ups but also downs. Supporting a club means supporting them through all of those and actually sticking around to acknowledge their efforts at the end of the game. I’m sure the players find it bizarre to look around at a half empty stadium when the whistle goes even after a good win. Let‘s also remember that Gerrard’s perspective will be based on Anfield and the Liverpool support, who get behind their team and certainly stay to the finish. So he probably finds it strange too. Ibrox can be the very best of atmospheres but it can too quickly be overly and unnecessarily negative. Expectation is one thing, entitlement is another. It’s very frustrating.

Lol Liverpool support are worse ffs.

But it did though, myself and a few others around me in the Club Deck were not happy at all. Only people I heard saying it didn't were watching on TV which leads me to believe that the Tom Miller has said it was the Motherwell fans. I apologise profusely if I'm wrong but it's not like we don't have previous does it?

David Edgar on his H&H pod also called this out it was the Motherwell fans why are so many so desperate for it to have been us.!!

Amoruso, Konterman and McCulloch have all been booed at Ibrox in the past, it’s not a new thing.
Nobody took worse abuse from our own than Ally McCoist ! ( and Mark Hateley a close second.)

Let's think about that for a moment.

Also, during Graeme Souness' first title winning season - widely remembered as a glorious march to victory - there was a home game against Motherwell almost identical to yesterday. A last minute McCoist winner took the roof off (although even then there was a 'subway loyal') and I only remember it so well as an example of how difficult it can be to win 'routine home games against diddy teams' and how important it is just to win.

Steven Gerrard understands that, as did Graeme Souness, but some football fans never did and never will.

Don’t know what’s worse, the OP or the fact that 28 folk have liked it.

SG has won fck all,when he does he will be in a position to demand such privileges.he made massive mistakes last season re worrel and seems to be repeating them with Aribo if he delivers the title this year I will be proved incorrect but what am seeing is the same errors and the same deflection

SG has won fck all,when he does he will be in a position to demand such privileges.he made massive mistakes last season re worrel and seems to be repeating them with Aribo if he delivers the title this year I will be proved incorrect but what am seeing is the same errors and the same deflection

FF is getting worse by the day.

Absolute drivel. What Gerrard’s done with the Warburton/Murty/Caixinha mess is remarkable, but aye he’s ‘won %^*& all’ so what does he know?

Absolutely reeking.

Imagine the manager trying to get the fans behind the team.
Never has been a problem with the fans getting behind the team, where most teams that would have been thrown into the bottom leagues their fans would have deserted those teams, our supporters sold out every away ground and sell out crowds at Ibrox against shitty teams and poor players in our team, so loyalty isn't in question.

We haven't won a trophy in seven years, fans get extremely frustrated by the constant inconsistency where we play one good game then have two poor games, our fans expect to win every single game and that's the way it's been for decades especially against teams who have next to no budget but bust their balls against us and take points from us when that shouldn't be happening given our budget and quality of players.

Even through the 9 in a row years people moaned about performances, going for 10 in a row when Kilmarnock came to Ibrox and horsed us 3-0 was a defining moment in failing to win our tenth title in a row simply because of poor performances when we should have been busting a gut being so close to making history.

Fans pay their money and have the right to be critical, plenty on here also have been critical about SG team selections,substitutions and the amount of changes he makes to the team,chopping and changing the defence and leaving three of our best players on the bench against Motherwell when the Ross county game would have made more sense to rest players with a cup semi final coming up a few days after.

Our support and patience? Away and lie down.

Here's a wake up call for those moaning about the last 7/8 seasons some supporters of other teams live their lives never seeing any success. Have a think about that.

Vagina man syndrome

You may well be sick of it but that’s probably because there are some of our fans who quite frankly I could never sit beside as they are complete and utter moaning greeting faced wankers

Our current team have won nothing. To expect a manager to win silverware on his own is bizarre.

FF is getting worse by the day.

Absolute drivel. What Gerrard’s done with the Warburton/Murty/Caixinha mess is remarkable, but aye he’s ‘won %^*& all’ so what does he know?

Absolutely reeking.
The fact he thinks support from the stands is a privilege tells me everything I need to know. These are the types that he's talking about.

The fact he thinks support from the stands is a privilege tells me everything I need to know. These are the types that he's talking about.

The guy is having a wee public fanny fart online because the boss is asking the fans to get behind players when things aren’t going well, I can barely believe what I’m reading.

I’m surprised the thread is still here in all honesty.

You've forgotten a vast improvement in league form and bossing European games against the likes of Porto and Feyernoord... but aye, 'worrel'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back