Bear banned for last minute winner celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I haven’t banned anybody eh? I’m just not blaming everybody else for it.

And neither am I . He shouldn’t have been on the park . As others have pointed out , is this going to apply to every fan who steps onto a pitch across the UK this season ? The courts will be Fcking busy if so .

Somehow I doubt it . Outrageous over reaction .

I thought the first section closure was v Legia (relating to the St Joseph's charge), and the second was v Feyenoord (relating to Legia away charge).

Apologies for taking the thread off track anyway. I was just trying to give a comparison that I feel this young lad has been harshly treated. Okay, it looks like he f****d up by going onto the pitch to celebrate. An indefinite ban seems extreme in my opinion, hopefully he gets a chance to sit down with someone from the club when his case is over to resolve the duration of the ban. I'm sure he will have learned a difficult lesson, like to think he can get back following the team he feels passionately about when the dust settles.
Indefinite doesn't mean what you think it means. It means no-one has decided exactly how long yet.

I thought the first section closure was v Legia (relating to the St Joseph's charge), and the second was v Feyenoord (relating to Legia away charge).

Apologies for taking the thread off track anyway. I was just trying to give a comparison that I feel this young lad has been harshly treated. Okay, it looks like he f****d up by going onto the pitch to celebrate. An indefinite ban seems extreme in my opinion, hopefully he gets a chance to sit down with someone from the club when his case is over to resolve the duration of the ban. I'm sure he will have learned a difficult lesson, like to think he can get back following the team he feels passionately about when the dust settles.
of course he’ll get a chance to speak to someone after his case. The only ones overreacting are the ones who think indefinite means for life.
I thought he was saying it might be more understandable in a bigger game with a lot more riding on. I don't think he's saying it's any more acceptable.. o_O
it was obvious to any right thinking bear.

I thought he was saying it might be more understandable in a bigger game with a lot more riding on. I don't think he's saying it's any more acceptable.. o_O

Who is anyone to judge what goal or occasion means more ? There are people who will never forget certain goals or victories after losing a loved one for example. It could be the last minute of what others think is an obscure game . Means more to them maybe their first game after losing their dad who took them to their first game, that first goal , or win . There are people who may have thousands of pounds riding on a result . Who can judge ?

The fact is nobody should be on the park , period . But a quick look on twitter and on this thread alone shows the vast majority agree this lad has been treated abysmally by the club , and the criminal charge is a farce as I say the courts are going to be rammed across the UK if this is now a criminal offence . Or could it be that yet again an easy target Rangers fan is being hammered While the rest of the teams in uk’s fans do it all the time get away scot free again ? Just saying .

To say that it’s okay to invade the park at certain times , in a desperate attempt at defending the clubs actions in this , is just stupidity and subjective stupidity at that.

I’ll leave it there .

Who is anyone to judge what goal or occasion means more ? There are people who will never forget certain goals or victories after losing a loved one for example. It could be the last minute of what others think is an obscure game . Means more to them maybe their first game after losing their dad who took them to their first game, that first goal , or win . There are people who may have thousands of pounds riding on a result . Who can judge ?

The fact is nobody should be on the park , period . But a quick look on twitter and on this thread alone shows the vast majority agree this lad has been treated abysmally by the club , and the criminal charge is a farce as I say the courts are going to be rammed across the UK if this is now a criminal offence . Or could it be that yet again an easy target Rangers fan is being hammered While the rest of the teams in uk’s fans do it all the time get away scot free again ? Just saying .

Saying that it’s okay to invade the park at certain times , in a desperate attempt at defending the clubs actions in this , is just stupidity and subjective stupidity at that.

I’ll leave it there .
I'm not disagreeing. There no occasion which makes it right. But some games are bigger and more important than others. You know that as well as I do.

Every game is important in the moment, I understand that, but in perspective Novo's penalty in the UEFA Cup semi was more important than just about any other penalty I can remember him scoring. That's the point I'm making.

I can see in my mind the pitch invasion when we win 55. I can fully understand why it might happen. I just hope it doesn't - but only because it would get the Club into trouble if it did.

If we're not going to get any shit from the SFA over it then fire in lads and ladies and have a ball..

I'm not disagreeing. There no occasion which makes it right. But some games are bigger and more important than others. You know that as well as I do.

I can see in my mind the pitch invasion when we win 55. I can fully understand why it might happen. I just hope it doesn't - but only because it would get the Club into trouble if it did.

If we're not going to get any shit from the SFA over it then fire in lads and ladies and have a ball..

And when it does , are the club going to identify every fan , and rip up their season tickets and ban them indefintley from Ibrox with an aggressive letter from david Martin telling them they are a disgrace ? I think we all know the answer .

The boy is being made an example of and hammered and it’s ridiculous .

I don’t see what the problem is. It’s become “trendy” to do a pitch invasion recently, and each time the club and its fans are pulled over the coals for it. We have scored far bigger goals in bigger games than that and there hasn’t been fans on the pitch.

If it was the opposition fans, we’d want them banned.

I'm not a fan of using people as an example but hopefully this stops people going on the pitch and he quietly gets let back in soon.

It's happening that much over the last few years in your run of the mill games that people must be thinking it is normal and allowed.

And when it does , are the club going to identify every fan , and rip up their season tickets and ban them indefintley from Ibrox ? I think we all know the answer .

I hope they don't, but if they did they would be within their rights to do so. And if we didn't know that before then we do now and hopefully people will think about that before they decide to invade the pitch.

I don't know if this guy is being made an example of. He's not the first. Hopefully he's the last. But he's just making noise about it. That's why it's being noticed.

I'll bet there are others who have received the same letter but who are keeping quiet about it because they are rightfully contrite and embarrassed about it.

And when it does , are the club going to identify every fan , and rip up their season tickets and ban them indefintley from Ibrox with an aggressive letter from david Martin telling them they are a disgrace ? I think we all know the answer .

I’m sure the answer is if people are charged they’ll be banned.

So it's Police Scotland's fault now?

Maybe if Police Scotland hierachy spent more time, money and resources on pursuing the assailants that assaulted two 10 years old Rangers supporters with bottles and the stabbing of a fellow poster on here and serious assault on his father for the simple reason of walking down Hope street with a Rangers scarf on well then Police Scotland's hierarchy would gain more respect from me.
Basically all I'm saying is their resources could be better used for more serious crimes.

I hope they don't, but if they did they would be within their rights to do so. And if we didn't know that before then we do now and hopefully people will think about that before they decide to invade the pitch.

I don't know if this guy is being made an example of. He's not the first. Hopefully he's the last. But he's just making noise about it. That's why it's being noticed.

I'll bet there are others who have received the same letter but who are keeping quiet about it because they are rightfully contrite and embarrassed about it.

Anyone being totally crucified for something others get away with on a weekly basis would “make noise” about it .

Anyone being totally crucified for something others get away with on a weekly basis would “make noise” about it .
All due respect but how do we know others get away with it and who are these 'others'..?

Does anyone here know definitively whether punishments were handed out to Hibs fans or not..?

If they weren't punished then they should have been and it's a national scandal that they weren't.

That said, are we setting our standards by what Hibs do..?

Do you think Rangers has an agenda against this guy?

I think perhaps we might be overreacting a little bit. Presuming the facts are correct and Mr Gallie was arrested then everything in the letter is in line with the rules and regulations. And as much as we all like to make fun of health and safety rules they are there for a reason and that reason is to protect players and fans. I don't support any action that puts people's safety at risk, especially if that action undermines our reputation.

There's a clear implication that the ban could be lifted once Mr Gallie has been dealt with by authorities. This is clearly in consideration of the media scrutiny that will be on him throughout that process. Once it's done and the Record writes their standard, 'POS Bear gets punished but not enough' story he'll probably get let back in if he grovels just right.

Bear in mind our reputation influences a lot of things, advertising and sponsorship being an example. We need to make sure we receive every potential penny we can get, and avoid losing them in stupid fines because people can't stay in their seats.

Maybe if Police Scotland hierachy spent more time, money and resources on pursuing the assailants that assaulted two 10 years old Rangers supporters with bottles and the stabbing of a fellow poster on here and serious assault on his father for the simple reason of walking down Hope street with a Rangers scarf on well then Police Scotland's hierarchy would gain more respect from me.
Basically all I'm saying is their resources could be better used for more serious crimes.
No-one is going to argue with you on that score.

Hopefully the cops who investigated the bottle incident and the hanging effigies are the same ones who arrested this kid. If so he'll have no case to answer in about 5 minutes time..

Its definitely on the harsh side and hopefully it gets reduced once the case is complete.

However we do need to stop this younger generation from running on the pitch at the drop of a hat. It's not really about celebrating a goal is it? Its about having a good social media picture or seeing their face on tele. By all means celebrate and go mental. Just do it in the stands like we have for decades.

Without trawling through 11 pages, I’m not sure I get the level of outrage.

He’s been arrested for coming onto the track/field of play when celebrating a goal.

If he did it of his own will (ie he wasn’t forced onto the pitch by a surge) then he has only himself to blame when held to the terms of his ticket in relation to behaviour.

If the courts clear him of wrongdoing then the letter seems clear in that he can contact the club and have the decision reviewed.

Though the wording of the tweet, if by the lad himself, doesn’t seem to profess innocence. Simply that he thinks what he did is acceptable and justified.

Understand he’s pissed off, but therein lies the lesson. Unless he’s the first and only one to receive such a punishment from Rangers for similar, then it’s not making an example of him. It’s simply applying the terms as normal.

Its definitely on the harsh side and hopefully it gets reduced once the case is complete.

However we do need to stop this younger generation from running on the pitch at the drop of a hat. It's not really about celebrating a goal is it? Its about having a good social media picture or seeing their face on tele. By all means celebrate and go mental. Just do it in the stands like we have for decades.
That's it in a nutshell..

Without trawling through 11 pages, I’m not sure I get the level of outrage.

He’s been arrested for coming onto the track/field of play when celebrating a goal.

If he did it of his own will (ie he wasn’t forced onto the pitch by a surge) then he has only himself to blame when held to the terms of his ticket in relation to behaviour.

If the courts clear him of wrongdoing then the letter seems clear in that he can contact the club and have the decision reviewed.

Though the wording of the tweet, if by the lad himself, doesn’t seem to profess innocence. Simply that he thinks what he did is acceptable and justified.

Understand he’s pissed off, but therein lies the lesson. Unless he’s the first and only one to receive such a punishment from Rangers for similar, then it’s not making an example of him. It’s simply applying the terms as normal.
The voice of reason. It'll never catch on you know.. ;)

How can this be a shock to anybody? How is warning after warning going to sort the problem? 3 times of being identified via the media and charged along with the bad publicity before any action is taken?
His behaviour is undoubtedly wrong but you are not willing to listen.
He's been warned, the crown should just give him the death penalty then..

I've a fly in my living room, its doing my nut in. You any grenades I can use to take it out mate?

I've a fly in my living room, its doing my nut in. You any grenades I can use to take it out mate?
Can't you just use Fly spray, a Fly swatter or your Lizard tongue..?

The high profile criminal prosecutions? A disgrace and a complete waste of police time.

However a ban by the club is justified. An indefinite ban is definitely harsh. IMO it should be until the end of the season. At the end of the day you shouldn’t be on the pitch under any circumstances other than some kind of emergency and it’s against the law and the t&cs you sign up to by entering the stadium on match day.

As with the “pyro” and sectarian add-ons issues, there’s far too many wee f*nnies desperate to prove what an uber staunch supporter they are by sticking two fingers up at the police, the football authorities in Scotland and most bizarrely, the club.

What I mean is that They were going to clamp down on pitch invasions because it was becoming far too frequent. Warning people wouldn’t have worked because everybody knows they shouldn’t do it so it was always going to get to people being banned. Cup finals and league wins would maybe be tolerated if there’s no trouble but after the hivs game I certainly wouldn’t risk my future.

Maybe if that boy never went onto the pitch Police Scotland hierarchy would be able to spend more time, money and resources on pursuing the assailants that assaulted two 10 years old Rangers supporters with bottles and the stabbing of a fellow poster on here and serious assault on his father for the simple reason of walking down Hope street with a Rangers scarf.

A bit over the top. Some exuberance from a young bear and he’s out of pocket and banned. Where the circumstances from earlier that day taken into account? The police and stewards failing to do their job properly so any chance they got to punish the big bad Rangers fans they took. Why not just put the young lad out of the ground and leave it at that.

What about the future consequences to the lad? Maybe rejected from jobs for having something on his record due to celebrating a last minute winner. Fight the boys corner Rangers and give him a warning

What I mean is that They were going to clamp down on pitch invasions because it was becoming far too frequent. Warning people wouldn’t have worked because everybody knows they shouldn’t do it so it was always going to get to people being banned. Cup finals and league wins would maybe be tolerated if there’s no trouble but after the hivs game I certainly wouldn’t risk my future.
So you think of the 100 people who've done it with no repercussions that the first action should be to sin die a young lad?

Make him take a day off school, work or xbox for a meeting.
If he's late? Ban him to end of season.
Tell him if he makes the meeting its his last warning, deny him a cup final ticket? Or away tickets until end of season? Ban him for 4 months? (which I still think would be excessive given the circumstances) surely all better than the nuclear option as a first action.

For the record. I think the kid is probably as big a moron as me, if not more so.
It still doesn't mean I condone his behaviour or that of the head of security, who's taken the easy option and found a scapegoat instead of doing his job.

A disgrace if you ask me.

Nothing surprises me at times with the club though. Especially with that idiot David Martin. He picked me out before for selling fake rising star tickets at a game I wasn't even attending due to work.

The high profile criminal prosecutions? A disgrace and a complete waste of police time.

However a ban by the club is justified. An indefinite ban is definitely harsh. IMO it should be until the end of the season. At the end of the day you shouldn’t be on the pitch under any circumstances other than some kind of emergency and it’s against the law and the t&cs you sign up to by entering the stadium on match day.

As with the “pyro” and sectarian add-ons issues, there’s far too many wee f*nnies desperate to prove what an uber staunch supporter they are by sticking two fingers up at the police, the football authorities in Scotland and most bizarrely, the club.

For being arrested? He has not even been to trial yet, for all we know he has done nothing wrong. Wouldn't be the first time the police have arrested someone when they shouldn't have.

Hopefully gets cleared at trial and takes this David Martin prick to the cleaners.

The faux outrage with "Police identified this guy and couldn't find a guy who stabbed someone in hope street coz the bear was wearing a scarf" really needs to stop. Its embarassing.

Can we imagine a world anywhere where crimes are allowed by everyone because one crime in the past was not solved and all the resources need to go on investigating that one crime?

I feel for the young bear, I would be gutted if I was banned from Ibrox. But don't go on the f**king pitch and you won't ever get banned. Stop with the whataboutery and stop stop pointing at Celtc and saying "they give them a stadium tour if they get caught", we are better than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back