Clyde Superscoreboard - Just When Will The Club Act?

So accoding to that senile old twat, if I sold him a useless broken washing machine worth bugger all for £1000, then the thousand quid in my account is worthless. What a maroon, as Bugs Bunny would say.

Nevertheless, it was a chat show/phone in where folk are invited to discuss, offer opinion, hypothesise etc. I doubt we'd get anywhere and I don't get agitated about it.

Talking of financial results, our Annual Report shows that legal costs INCREASED by £3.6m last year. Can you imagine the costs we'd be incurring 'going after' everything that folk on here want us to go 'legal on? I'm all for 'selective' action if someone goes to print and libels us but a phone-in show? Not for me.
Sorry mate but I don't see how saying it live on radio is any different to it being in print.
He has a responsibility in his position to be honest with the listeners, he has clearly set that aside for a dig at Rangers.

As for legal costs, I've said earlier in the thread that we need only ruin one of these slugs and the rest will back off.
Of course, our costs could be as high as they are due to us having a bad habit of losing cases and being liable for the other sides court bills.

Sorry mate but I don't see how saying it live on radio is any different to it being in print.
He has a responsibility in his position to be honest with the listeners, he has clearly set that aside for a dig at Rangers.

As for legal costs, I've said earlier in the thread that we need only ruin one of these slugs and the rest will back off.
Of course, our costs could be as high as they are due to us having a bad habit of losing cases and being liable for the other sides court bills.

Which is exactly what would happen if we went after Shuggie here. Not a chance would we win. If we are to go for it then you go for the 'easy win'. Something in print and clearly libellous. No point fighting battles you run the risk of losing and laying yourself open to ridicule.

Last edited:
So their favourite mantra of "We're only here to talk about football" can be shelved to accommodate a discussion on Rangers finances,I wonder if they would allow a caller to discuss the filth's finances bearing in mind there are a lot of claims against them by the victims of the paedo ring or their outstanding co-op loans.

I've stopped listening to it. Hugh Keevins opening lines at the start of each show really started to annoy me. I'm not sure whether he has something in his mouth when he speaks, but it sounds like his teeth are about to fall out or are just really loose.

STOP LISTENING TO SUPER SCOREBOARD!
Lgq6zag.gif

It's not popular on here but Off the Ball hung up on a caller the second he mentioned "Sevco", can't remember if it was Stuart or Tam.

Last edited:
Listen to podcast to break journeys in the morning
not once even at home derbies does he say Rangers v Celtic
As from the Drum myself never met anyone who has met the twat

Which is exactly what would happen if we went after Shuggie here. Not a chance would we win. If we are to go for it then you go for the 'easy win'. Something in print and clearly libellous. Np point fighting battles you run the risk of losing and laying yourself open to ridicule.
Just because it isn't printed doesn't mean he can say what he wants.
That said, it would more likely be the responsibility of clyde given that they have a live delay and obviously were happy with these blatant lies being aired.

Imo it would be embarrassing for the club to take such an insignificant, whiney little twat like hugh to court.

Dear me! I'm more surprised that Clyde SuperScoreboard is still on air. I havent listened to that station in over 10 years and honestly believed it had disappeared into oblivion :oops:

The simple fact is that with a few exceptions because of age, the current Rangers squad has high asset value. As well as Morelos we have Barisic, Kamara, Aribo, Katic, Tavernier, Jack, Kent for example, who will attract high fees if and when the club decides to sell and replace with some of the exceptional talent currently coming through the Academy ranks. The long term future of the club is assured. To suggest the 'shares are worthless' indicates a complete ignorance of the business side of football. My shares have an emotional appeal that transcends money. Those with vastly more shares know their cash value. Try buying out those shares to take over control and see just how much they are worth.

It's mental how many people on here continue to listen to Clyde 1 and watch Sportscene and then get raging when something happens they don't like.

I can't imagine going to a restaurant, having an issue with a meal, go back to it tomorrow to see if it's got any better and when it hasn't, keep going every day anyway.

Many years ago that programme was more or less impartial, with guys like Richard Park and Jimmy Sanderson. It changed when Cooney got his feet under the table, the whole slant of the programme changed, it became mentally challenged propaganda with a complete imbalance in the respective ratio of us to them, and has been ever since.
No surprise there, as soon as one of them gets a wee bit of clout anywhere they look after their own kind.

The club should never respond to the likes of Super Scoreboard, Ill Phil, John James or any of that. They're all best ignored.

No one of any consequence to our club is being influenced by their nonsense. We give them far more legitimacy than they deserve by mentioning them.

It's mental how many people on here continue to listen to Clyde 1 and watch Sportscene and then get raging when something happens they don't like.

I can't imagine going to a restaurant, having an issue with a meal, go back to it tomorrow to see if it's got any better and when it hasn't, keep going every day anyway.

You're missing the point. Not going to a bad restaurant isnt the same as the above as the restaurant isnt spreading hatred towards you. If it did you might like to pop in now and then to find out what they're saying about you. You might also consider taking them to court.

Most of us dont but, like Murry's comment about the newspapers "dont but it if you dont like it", it doesnt stop the propaganda. Its non stop anti Rangers and its very damaging.

It’s by Them for Them though.

How many people are they actually swaying over to their side who weren’t there already?

The simple fact is that with a few exceptions because of age, the current Rangers squad has high asset value. As well as Morelos we have Barisic, Kamara, Aribo, Katic, Tavernier, Jack, Kent for example, who will attract high fees if and when the club decides to sell and replace with some of the exceptional talent currently coming through the Academy ranks. The long term future of the club is assured. To suggest the 'shares are worthless' indicates a complete ignorance of the business side of football. My shares have an emotional appeal that transcends money. Those with vastly more shares know their cash value. Try buying out those shares to take over control and see just how much they are worth.

Whether the shares are "worthless" or not is wholly irrelevant to the finances of the club.

At present, the club is solvent because the directors are willing to put funds into it. Our model is not any different to that of Celtic in that we need to win titles, play European football and make player sales to break even or make a profit. However, unlike Celtic, we need to invest in order to get there because of what has happened in the last few years and that is where this talk of debt is coming from. Also, unlike Celtic, we have a significantly lower cost base and more upside in terms of things like merchandise when that finally gets sorted.

In the situation you described, an employee of Clyde SuperScoreboard allowed a Celtic fan to talk shite and then put him in his place?

Why would the club complain about that?

Glutton for punishment loyal !

Thing is. It is absolutely astounding how many Rangers fans don't get their info from informed forums like this one, and still get rangers news from the likes of the retard or Clyde sport, a bear I have known for a long time asked me where the money was coming from and informed me that D K was dodgy, I put him right, but I wonder how many others swallow the mentally challengeds propoganda

There is absolutely nothing Rangers can do about this he has had his usual biased say on the matter. Legally he has done nothing wrong however you can stop tuning into Clyde. There lies the solution

Shouldn’t you know what your enemies are saying about you?
Enemies? Hugh Keevins is and always will be a fucking no mark. If the club seriously tried to take legal action against him and Clyde 1 I'd want answers as to what they hoped to gain from it and why the money, time and effort was being put into a complete irrelevance.

Enemies? Hugh Keevins is and always will be a fucking no mark. If the club seriously tried to take legal action against him and Clyde 1 I'd want answers as to what they hoped to gain from it and why the money, time and effort was being put into a complete irrelevance.
A no mark with air time. It doesn’t take money for someone from the club to phone them up and tell them to stop spouting lies. If they don’t then send in the lawyers. People who lie about our club should be challenged at every turn

I know that this might be frowned upon, many poster may indeed respond to say it doesn't matter or we should just ignore the output. However, the show has an outreach for the Monday to Friday show of a high of over 250,000 people.

Last night we heard a caller phone in straight after the Celtic game had finished, to talk about 'Rangers £8M loss'. The call caught the panel off guard as the caller had obviously intimated he was on to talk about a different topic.

Now, the show have the ability with a 15 second delay to can that call, but chose not to. They also have the opportunity to call the caller out immediately, yet they did not. Nuremberg Hugh had this to say... (This is accurate to a word).

NH - 'The reason why Morelos will not be sold, is because Rangers will take any financial risk in order to win the league title. and they are, as there latest financial figures have shown, heavily in debt but they're taking this risk that its a once in a lifetime.

Alex Rae Steps in, AR - 'The club are not in debt'.

NH - 'Well I think the figures would contradict that'.

AR- 'The loans that they're getting have been turned into shares so as it currently stands just now, there is no debt

NH - 'Well, eh, am, eh, I am no financial expert, but these shares are worthless I think, and they are £11M down and apparently need £10M to get from now until the end of the season. But, they will forget about that, and they will refuse any money for Morelos so long as they win the league.

Gordon Duncan does his usual deflect and sit on fence tactic rather than call it out for what it is.

With a listener group North of quarter of a million, when will this publicly be called out?

No editor would allow a comment like Hugh's to go to press for fear of being called out on the inaccuracies by the Rangers Team.

This failure to go after anyone in the media, has led us to a stage where it is open season and you can say as you please without any fear of retribution. It absolutely has to stop as it is damaging the club and the brand.
The 'shares are worthless'??!! They are being traded, if they were worthless they could not be traded. Companies such as Vodafone traded for many years making huge losses as they put their infrastructure etc in place (not comparing us to Vodafone - but their shares were still being traded) - what a bigoted, auld windbag

In the situation you described, an employee of Clyde SuperScoreboard allowed a Celtic fan to talk shite and then put him in his place?

Why would the club complain about that?

The employee openly lied about a business's affairs in the public domain and when called out became more entrenched.

I will give you another example.
If Clyde blowers was called out, or Parks, or Tunnocks like Rangers are on the radio, would their respective owners or shareholders just accept it?

How many of these neutrals make any difference to our club, our chances of success, the money we make etc?

Public opinion is shaped by what people hear and read. It might not affect us financially but it certainly damages our reputation and standing. I dont want Rangers and our fans to be hate figures.

If only it was that simple.
They are a commercial radio station that basically survives on advertising based on amount of listeners. If every Rangers fan that listens stopped, then the figures would be down probably around 40-50%, the advertising income would plummet and they would be out of business. That is a far more likely outcome than the club taking out a legal case against them and somehow thinking it would all change and the lineup would from then on be sympathetic towards Rangers and nothing bad would ever be said again.

I think some Rangers fans listen to it because they genuinely enjoy the show. Other Rangers fans listen to it because they unbeknown to them secretly enjoy getting wound up and having reason to bump their gums about something.

Rangers winning the league seems preferable to us selling Morelos for big money and being on a sound financial footing for the average mouth breather.It seems ethnic cleansing trumps football in the diseased septic mind.

They are a commercial radio station that basically survives on advertising based on amount of listeners. If every Rangers fan that listens stopped, then the figures would be down probably around 40-50%, the advertising income would plummet and they would be out of business. That is a far more likely outcome than the club taking out a legal case against them and somehow thinking it would all change and the lineup would from then on be sympathetic towards Rangers and nothing bad would ever be said again.

I think some Rangers fans listen to it because they genuinely enjoy the show. Other Rangers fans listen to it because they unbeknown to them secretly enjoy getting wound up and having reason to bump their gums about something.

You dont really believe that fans listen and "enjoy getting wound up and having reason to bump their gums" do you? With respect that's hard to accept.

For the record, I dont tune in now but I do like to hear what our enemies have to say about us. Its good to stay informed.

I would imagine that a fair chunk of the 250,000 who listen to it are masochistic Bears just waiting to be outraged so they can write about it on here.

Snyde are what they are. They're pro-Celtic. They don't like us. So what? It'll never change.

Turn off, decrease their listenership, watch them lose advertising and it'll end up being cancelled.

They don't give a shit about the truth, and they don't give a shit what you think of them - as long as you tune in.

You dont really believe that fans listen and "enjoy getting wound up and having reason to bump their gums" do you? With respect that's hard to accept.

For the record, I dont tune in now but I do like to hear what our enemies have to say about us. Its good to stay informed.
I definitely believe there are some people that are gluten for punishment, and listen to it knowing fine well that they disagree with, and get wound up over a lot of it.

Rangers can’t force people to say what we want. We need to keep doing what we’re doing and build partnerships and relationships over time to change perception. A daily statement would draw even more attention to the comments when newspapers and news agencies report the statement. It’s self defeating.

Back