Bear banned for last minute winner celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is both ways..?

The lad breached the T's & C's of his season book. If the Club even consider a refund they're doing him a favour.
I was replying to a poster who had his season ticket taken but was found not guilty.
You can't have it both ways either.

I was replying to a poster who had his season ticket taken but was found not guilty.
You can't have it both ways either.
I still don't know what both ways is.

I can imagine a scenario where a fan on the pitch is arrested and charged with a BOTP but a judge decides it wasn't a BOTP.

The fan is still guilty of breaking T's & C's so even found not guilty the Club would still be in their rights to revoke his ST without compensation.

Good few years ago now, not bothered about getting the cash back anyway to be honest, did p!ss me right off at the time though.
If I was the guy I would have my lawyer check through the Ts & Cs for my season ticket to see if it was lawful to refuse a refund of at least part of his season ticket given the incident did not happen at Ibrox.

Guilty until proven innocent season ticket removed... been there!

This has been happening for years, happened to guy that sat in front of me in CF, maybe 18 years ago, sectarian BOP. Six of us went as witnesses, verdict ‘not proven’ only then did he get his ST back. In fact from your user name it may well be you :))

I still don't know what both ways is.

I can imagine a scenario where a fan on the pitch is arrested and charged with a BOTP but a judge decides it wasn't a BOTP.

The fan is still guilty of breaking T's & C's so even found not guilty the Club would still be in their rights to revoke his ST without compensation.
You carry on then and imagine what you like.

This has been happening for years, happened to guy that sat in front of me in CF, maybe 18 years ago, sectarian BOP. Six of us went as witnesses, verdict ‘not proven’ only then did he get his ST back. In fact from your user name it may well be you :))
No mate wasn't me, was an away game at killie, same charge though.

If I was the guy I would have my lawyer check through the Ts & Cs for my season ticket to see if it was lawful to refuse a refund of at least part of his season ticket given the incident did not happen at Ibrox.
I bet they never thought about that.

Supposed Rangers fans desperately trying to find a way for idiots to sue Rangers? Ok then.

I bet they never thought about that.

Supposed Rangers fans desperately trying to find a way for idiots to sue Rangers? Ok then.
The club can take action and withdraw fans season tickets without compensation but the fans cant question that decision without being called "supposed fans".

The authorities are unable to differentiate between fun and criminal behaviour, and between youthful exuberance and stupidity. A stern rebuke and temporary ban is all that was required and not criminal charges. There needs to be some perspective.

The club can take action and withdraw fans season tickets without compensation but the fans cant question that decision without being called "supposed fans".

They can do this because it is in the terms and conditions of the Season Ticket.

If the guy feels he has been incorrectly punished, it is incumbent upon him to take it up with the club directly and make his case for that.

As has been said though, if he has breached the terms of the ticket (and entering trackside/field of play is a breach), then the club has the right to withdraw his ticket without refund.

As has also been said, there doesn't appear to be any sense of denial or remorse from the guy. He appears to be bang to rights on leaving the stand, therefore the club is simply applying the rules.

The authorities are unable to differentiate between fun and criminal behaviour, and between youthful exuberance and stupidity. A stern rebuke and temporary ban is all that was required and not criminal charges. There needs to be some perspective.

It's not the club's position or place to do so. The rule is simple - unauthorised persons are not allowed to enter the trackside/field of play. If you do that, the club can remove your ticket without refund and ban you from future games.

It's a simple rule for a reason. The club cannot feasibly manage the difference between folk who think they're just having a bit of fun and those who are up to something more sinister. So they make it clear and easy for everyone to understand - don't do it at all. No ambiguity/confusion or subjectivity.

There’s been a couple of posts on here recently with us pissing ourselves at the scum suing their club yet here we are. Embarrassing.

My concern with this episode is that the club have created a precedent which they are therefore compelled to do similar in any future case.

When we win 55 in May, whether it be at Ibrox or elsewhere, it will almost certainly create an ‘exuberance’ that is destined to create a mass exodus of fan from stand to pitch.

Look what happened at Pittodrie in 1987. The gap between titles will be the same, but the difference this time is that we will have been to hell and back.

If at Ibrox I appreciate it might be less of an issue as typically fans on the park tends to be an away day occurrence, but even at Ibrox I still expect to see fans on the pitch. Away, it will be bedlam.

This precedent assumes that thousands of us could be putting ourselves in danger of losing our season tickets when we win the title this season.

My concern with this episode is that the club have created a precedent which they are therefore compelled to do similar in any future case.

When we win 55 in May, whether it be at Ibrox or elsewhere, it will almost certainly create an ‘exuberance’ that is destined to create a mass exodus of fan from stand to pitch.

Look what happened at Pittodrie in 1987. The gap between titles will be the same, but the difference this time is that we will have been to hell and back.

If at Ibrox I appreciate it might be less of an issue as typically fans on the park tends to be an away day occurrence, but even at Ibrox I still expect to see fans on the pitch. Away, it will be bedlam.

This precedent assumes that thousands of us could be putting ourselves in danger of losing our season tickets when we win the title this season.

Yes, it does, but you're also assuming this is a precedent. How do we know the club hasn't taken the same action against others in the past?

The ultimate point is that, regardless of the event or how excited the support is - you're still not allowed to leave the stand/invade the pitch. If you choose to do so, you risk losing your ST. Nothing has actually changed.

It's also worth asking why fans wouldn't do it at Ibrox? Why can they exercise that control at home games, but it's somehow something they can't help doing at away grounds?

I just looked at the terms and conditions and found this:

GROUND REGULATIONS
7. Unauthorised persons are not permitted to enter upon the trackside, field of play or any other place specified by the Club or Police.
18. All persons entering the stadium are admitted only subject to the Ground Regulations and to the Rules and Regulations of The
Scottish Football Association and The Scottish Professional Football League. ENTRY TO THE STADIUM SHALL BE DEEMED TO
CONSITUTE UNQUALIFIED ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS.
19. The Club reserves the right for its servants and agents and for members of police forces to remove from the stadium and person
who does NOT COMPLY WITH GROUND REGULATIONS AND WITH THE RULES AND REGULATIONS of the FIFA/UEFA
competitions or whose presence in the stadium is or could reasonable be construed as constituting a source of danger, nuisance
or annoyance to other spectators.

2. Admission to the Ground
2.1 By purchasing and /or accepting and /or holding a season ticket and /or using a season ticket to gain access to the stadium, you; (a) certify that you have read, understood and accepted; (b) agree to be bound by and to comply with; and (c) agree to bring to the attention of others, as required below, the Ground Regulations.

7. Cancellation & Withdrawal of Season Ticket
7.1 Without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, the Club shall have the right in the case of breach of the ground regulations to cancel and withdraw your season ticket. In the event of such cancellation no refund will be paid in respect of any unexpired portion of the season ticket.

Correct .

So no sympathy to a young Rangers fan caught up in the momment celebrating a goal???

I honestly don't have a great deal of sympathy. He'll hopefully learn his lesson from this and know better than to do it in future, when he is allowed back to games. Everyone makes mistakes in life, but the first thing to do is accept responsibility and sort the problem out - not immediately start throwing toxic venom at those applying the rules in response.

Frankly, if he wants sympathy/support, my advice to him would be to be far more contrite over things. Contact the club directly and apologise for his behaviour, acknowledging it was wrong and (if indeed he was just "caught up in a moment" and did nothing other than leave the stand to celebrate) that in future he won't do it, while pointing out he realises the negative light this kind of thing ultimately shines on the support as a whole and forces the club to deal with things in this manner.

If his court proceedings do indeed go in his favour, he will likely have a perfectly good opportunity to speak again to the club and appeal things - assuming he does it in the right manner.

Something's got to give with this young team mentality and show them that jumping around, breaking well established rules and generally acting the fanny isn't actually what being a good supporter is about.

I've been at far more dramatic games, witnessed far greater levels of celebration and never felt the need to leave the stand to do so. It's simply not excusable in any form of reality when the knock-on effects are well publicised.

Last edited:

Its not 'setting a precedent' though. As I posted very early in the thread, the letter to this young guy is word-for-word the same as was contained in the letters sent to those arrested on the pitch at the Hibs Cup Final. I appreciate the circumstances differ but the punishment meted out is identical - so no precedent set. Rightly or wrongly, its the 'norm' rather than a precedent.

If folk stay in the stands then this thread doesn't exist.

Still waiting on the Wallsall fans being banned. Or the Maldon & Tiptree.

Or will their clubs realise the situation and not take the opportunity to deal a hammer blow to a young fan following the club?

Its not 'setting a precedent' though. As I posted very early in the thread, the letter to this young guy is word-for-word the same as was contained in the letters sent to those arrested on the pitch at the Hibs Cup Final. I appreciate the circumstances differ but the punishment meted out is identical - so no precedent set. Rightly or wrongly, its the 'norm' rather than a precedent.

If folk stay in the stands then this thread doesn't exist.

Is it the norm only if arrested for it, or the norm to receive this sort of sanction when invading the pitch?

I appreciate ID’ing someone for invading the pitch if not arrested is probably difficult, but only reason I ask is there have now been several instances of our fans entering the field of play. I’m intrigued to know if any of these individuals have ever been on the receiving end of a similar sanction?

If not, this lad has just gotten unlucky it would appear.

My concern is only for the inevitable carnage when we win 55.

It does mostly appear to be the youngsters who find themselves on the other side of the hoardings, so I should be ok.

The drop from Govan Rear would probably kill me anyway.

Is it the norm only if arrested for it, or the norm to receive this sort of sanction when invading the pitch?

I appreciate ID’ing someone for invading the pitch if not arrested is probably difficult, but only reason I ask is there have now been several instances of our fans entering the field of play. I’m intrigued to know if any of these individuals have ever been on the receiving end of a similar sanction?

If not, this lad has just gotten unlucky it would appear.

My concern is only for the inevitable carnage when we win 55.

It does mostly appear to be the youngsters who find themselves on the other side of the hoardings, so I should be ok.

The drop from Govan Rear would probably kill me anyway.

I'd say Rangers only apply the sanction if arrested. I doubt Rangers would know the identity of those involved otherwise. Far from certain though.

Just as well you're not in the Club Deck.:eek:

So no sympathy to a young Rangers fan caught up in the momment celebrating a goal???

No, as has pointed out many times, we’ve been scoring late winners for years and it’s only in the past couple of years where numpties have decided they’re going on the park to jump about like idiots for their 10 seconds of fame

The type that will hunt everywhere for a photo of themselves on the park so they can make it their Facebook/twitter profile photo etc.

Why do you keep pushing this nonsense about celebrating a goal?

There were another few thousand in the stand who never got 'caught up on the moment'.

He broke the rules, he has been banned and told to get back to club after court hearing.

Whats the issue?

Why do you keep pushing this nonsense about celebrating a goal?

There were another few thousand in the stand who never got 'caught up on the moment'.

He broke the rules, he has been banned and told to get back to club after court hearing.

Whats the issue?

Pathetic.

Are you the type that phoned the grass a Bear line?

Grown men clinging to people not being able to contain themselves and somehow just ended up on the pitch is as pathetic now as it was when hibs used it. Remember how we laughed at that sad excuse? Aye but they..

I don’t see how folk can defend the lad here.

If everyone of us went on the park after a late winner, the game would be abandoned.

The guy was stupid and is now paying the price for it. The club are clearly starting to protect its image and are clamping down on idiots.
The most vocal PR warriors don’t appear to like the club protecting its image.

Except it was a pre planned pitch invasion that happened a few times previously and funnily enough hasn’t happened since.

If everyone of us went on the park after a late winner, the game would be abandoned.

The guy was stupid and is now paying the price for it. The club are clearly starting to protect its image and are clamping down on idiots.

A very prudent point. I bet you that some of the folks lamenting the banning are the same ones lamenting our PR.

Last edited:
Except it was a pre planned pitch invasion that happened a few times previously and funnily enough hasn’t happened since.
A couple of bannings cured running on the pitch Tourette’s? David Martin miracle worker and healer.

You don't seem to be grasping this "rules" thing.

Oh I get the rules mate. Tickets for events also ban filming, have you ever filmed a penalty on your phone, or witnessed anyone do it, did you tell on them?

The guy couldn't argue with some punishment. However, to be banned indefinitely and the tone of the email suggests they won't over turn it if found guilty, is harsh and uncalled for.

It was stupid, and he couldn't argue with some punishment, I just think it's very harsh. Either everyone on here is a stickler for the rules and has never sung anything offensive, or there's plenty of people damning the boy and being hypocritical. I think I know what I believe.

Oh I get the rules mate. Tickets for events also ban filming, have you ever filmed a penalty on your phone, or witnessed anyone do it, did you tell on them?

The guy couldn't argue with some punishment. However, to be banned indefinitely and the tone of the email suggests they won't over turn it if found guilty, is harsh and uncalled for.
Have you thought that maybe Rangers taken action before the court could see the court being lenient on him.
I'm sure losing his season ticket would be better than a a criminal record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back