Bear banned for last minute winner celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't dispute that and, as you will see from my earlier posts, I don't condone pitch invasions at any time - and I'd include Pittodrie, Barcelona, Wembley et al in that. Not only is it a recipe for disaster, it almost inevitably curtails the formal presentations etc at the end of the match. It actually achieves nothing 'good'.
Yeh we would likely just not get the trophy presentation, a massive fine (that our board will end up paying out their own pocket) and tonnes of potential bans. I'm sure there will be some but I don't think it will be widespread - at least I hope that as the last thing we need is a line of police on horses on the pitch.

Add to this that his family member also got charged and the same letter it puts an end to the exuberance argument.
It was pre meditated

While it was daft to run on, the guy was not endangering any players safety or being violent, racist, sectarian etc. so this seems very harsh.
By running on fans are endangering the fellow fans and players. They have no place on the park. (Other than during an emergency)

Yeh we would likely just not get the trophy presentation, a massive fine (that our board will end up paying out their own pocket) and tonnes of potential bans. I'm sure there will be some but I don't think it will be widespread - at least I hope that as the last thing we need is a line of police on horses on the pitch.

I'm just hoping we clinch it at Ibrox. Firstly, and most importantly, it means more Bears will be there but it also means the vast majority will stay in their seats. As it should be.

Reactions: GF7
By running on fans are endangering the fellow fans and players. They have no place on the park. (Other than during an emergency)

Players are more at risk from a bad tackle than a happy fan. I agree he shouldn't have been on but an indefinite ban seems disproportionate.

I don't dispute that and, as you will see from my earlier posts, I don't condone pitch invasions at any time - and I'd include Pittodrie, Barcelona, Wembley et al in that. Not only is it a recipe for disaster, it almost inevitably curtails the formal presentations etc at the end of the match. It actually achieves nothing 'good'.
We could argue all day about pitch invasions but I think the financial penalty is harsh. Take the ticket away if you must but the balance should be returned to the supporter.

While it was daft to run on, the guy was not endangering any players safety or being violent, racist, sectarian etc. so this seems very harsh.
Do you think there’s been possibility of injury when fans have piled on goal scorers before? Should we just wait until our main goal scorer is injured?

How long a ban do people expect if ‘indefinite’ isn’t proportionate?
What date is trial and sentencing?

We could argue all day about pitch invasions but I think the financial penalty is harsh. Take the ticket away if you must but the balance should be returned to the supporter.

I can't argue with that. Probably the one part of the punishment I find myself at odds with. As I highlighted earlier in the thread, it seems to be the line we take with every fan we ban - certainly as far back as the Hibs Cup Final - but I don't know if that is 'standard' across Scottish football.

Folk stay in the stands we don't have these discussions. Simples!

In the interest of everyones safety, fans should stay their own side of the barrier.

Banning a guy for this is absolutely ridiculous though. Sort it out, Rangers.

How long a ban do you expect if ‘indefinite’ isn’t proportionate?
What date is trial and sentencing?

Hard to say isn't it. No idea about the trial, previous convictions, age etc but if found guilty then he will punished by the courts which may confirm the Club's opinion or make them consider other options.

Hard to say isn't it. No idea about the trial, previous convictions, age etc but if found guilty then he will punished by the courts which may confirm the Club's opinion or make them consider other options.
Impossible to say because there is no date? How could we give a length of ban pending outcome of the case without dates?

Impossible to say because there is no date? How could we give a length of ban pending outcome of the case without dates?
Pretty sure there will be a legal banning order already in place until his court date. Rangers just need to match any banning order handed down by a judge.

Let's be honest every fan knows the rules you do not leave a the stand unless a emergency however a season ban would be suffice imo.

Maybe if that boy never went onto the pitch Police Scotland hierarchy would be able to spend more time, money and resources on pursuing the assailants that assaulted two 10 years old Rangers supporters with bottles and the stabbing of a fellow poster on here and serious assault on his father for the simple reason of walking down Hope street with a Rangers scarf.

Surely your taking the piss?

Add to this that his family member also got charged and the same letter it puts an end to the exuberance argument.
It was pre meditated

so you think they hatched a plan to run on to the pitch? Id go with they got caught up inthe moment

Are they banned permanently or was this just for show?

Celtic have a track record of allowing misbehaving fans back in when all the fuss has died down.
They were given banning orders by the court and were banned from attending their games whilst they were awaiting trial. The banning order expires at the end of the season as far as I know.

Players are more at risk from a bad tackle than a happy fan. I agree he shouldn't have been on but an indefinite ban seems disproportionate.

Rules around fans not being allowed to leave the stands to enter the field of play cannot assume that regarding risk.

That’s why it is a fairly black and white “don’t do it” rule.

Tell Lee Wallace at Hampden that he was more at risk from a tackle. Tell Dida at Celtic Park. Ultimately both players got off lightly in terms of being hurt, but if a fan enters the park with the intent to cause harm the levels become subjective and far harder to manage.

The really simple and basic facts of the matter are that we all know the rules, we all agree to the Ts and Cs by taking the tickets and the guy who chose for his own entertainment to leave the stand and do this, while thousands of others knew better and never felt the need, has simply fallen foul of established rules.

There’s absolutely no way to apply proportion to “indefinite” until further things play out and we know how long the ban ends up lasting. However, given the tweet suggests there’s no sense of remorse or denial of his actions or reasons for doing it, I find it very difficult to sympathise.

In fact, I’m more concerned by the concerted effort of some to vilify the club for applying rules and standards to fans who ultimately brought negative headlines against the support and club as a whole because they indulge in this kind of thing, despite the amount of scrutiny we know is given and the warnings we’ve all been issued regarding behaviour.

There’s still too large an element who seem to think that the best response to being “unfairly monitored or policed” is to up the ante on breaking the rules. No matter how many times they or Rangers get stung by it.

Ask Allison at Liverpool about the dangers

does Goldson look in danger to you here?not to me, he looks like he's loving it and in the moment!
TELEMMGLPICT000205601305_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrLKDCByasbZEumfp9VF0AIT4duACm7K7VKWJNm-GfsE.jpeg

16874224-7319823-image-m-28_1564932325884.jpg

R
does Goldson look in danger to you here?not to me, he looks like he's loving it and in the moment!
TELEMMGLPICT000205601305_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrLKDCByasbZEumfp9VF0AIT4duACm7K7VKWJNm-GfsE.jpeg

16874224-7319823-image-m-28_1564932325884.jpg
right, now what if those guys jumping on him cause him to fall and break his leg?
is it just exuberance at that point?
what if it happens to Morelos? There’d be a witch hunt on here & every other source of social media.
The guys knew the risk, they entered the field of play, they got banned.
running onto twitter bad mouthing the club when he’s already admitted his guilt sums up the boy. The fact that he and another family member were both at it makes you also realise that it wasn’t exuberance it was pre meditated

Rules around fans not being allowed to leave the stands to enter the field of play cannot assume that regarding risk.

That’s why it is a fairly black and white “don’t do it” rule.

Tell Lee Wallace at Hampden that he was more at risk from a tackle. Tell Dida at Celtic Park. Ultimately both players got off lightly in terms of being hurt, but if a fan enters the park with the intent to cause harm the levels become subjective and far harder to manage.

The really simple and basic facts of the matter are that we all know the rules, we all agree to the Ts and Cs by taking the tickets and the guy who chose for his own entertainment to leave the stand and do this, while thousands of others knew better and never felt the need, has simply fallen foul of established rules.

There’s absolutely no way to apply proportion to “indefinite” until further things play out and we know how long the ban ends up lasting. However, given the tweet suggests there’s no sense of remorse or denial of his actions or reasons for doing it, I find it very difficult to sympathise.

In fact, I’m more concerned by the concerted effort of some to vilify the club for applying rules and standards to fans who ultimately brought negative headlines against the support and club as a whole because they indulge in this kind of thing, despite the amount of scrutiny we know is given and the warnings we’ve all been issued regarding behaviour.

There’s still too large an element who seem to think that the best response to being “unfairly monitored or policed” is to up the ante on breaking the rules. No matter how many times they or Rangers get stung by it.
There is a section of our support that think they are above the law and that the club are subservient to them because they buy a ticket. Much like the fans that vowed to continue singing TBB, it will take a serious punishment to finally get it through the skulls of some people. We have seen pitch invasions at Kilmarnock and Partick Thistle ffs, it’s embarrassing. It’s happening with more regularity as well, and each time the club are put into the negative spotlight once again. Not that these fans give a toss though, being made to follow rules is somehow heavy handed.

R

right, now what if those guys jumping on him cause him to fall and break his leg?
is it just exuberance at that point?
what if it happens to Morelos? There’d be a witch hunt on here & every other source of social media.
The guys knew the risk, they entered the field of play, they got banned.
running onto twitter bad mouthing the club when he’s already admitted his guilt sums up the boy. The fact that he and another family member were both at it makes you also realise that it wasn’t exuberance it was pre meditated

That didn't happen though and we are talking about what happened. To answer the question Goldson is not in danger at all as in the 2nd picture e is even hugging the fan.

premeditated! The guy didnt plan it, the pictures show the fans caught up in the moment

That didn't happen though and we are talking about what happened. To answer the question Goldson is not in danger at all as in the 2nd picture e is even hugging the fan.

premeditated! The guy didnt plan it, the pictures show the fans caught up in the moment
it happens regularly at away games.
they were both charged.
If me and my brother done it you’d have a fair assumption that we saw other people at it in previous games and fancied a go ourselves. “Look at me”

you have no defence for him. He knows the rules. We all do.
he broke them, got caught, has been punished (for now) and went running to social media for some sympathy.

it happens regularly at away games.
they were both charged.
If me and my brother done it you’d have a fair assumption that we saw other people at it in previous games and fancied a go ourselves. “Look at me”

you have no defence for him. He knows the rules. We all do.
he broke them, got caught, has been punished (for now) and went running to social media for some sympathy.
To say it was premeditated you are assuming they hatched a plan that they would do this..You don't know that and again, for me going by the pictures of the event it looks as if euphoria took over and fans got caught up in the moment.

To say it was premeditated you are assuming they hatched a plan that they would do this..You don't know that and again, for me going by the pictures of the event it looks as if euphoria took over and fans got caught up in the moment.

even if it wasn’t pre meditated, they done the crime. I can’t see any reason they’ll get away with it. I do reckon the club will lift the suspension after the seasons done though

even if it wasn’t pre meditated, they done the crime. I can’t see any reason they’ll get away with it. I do reckon the club will lift the suspension after the seasons done though

So now it's not premeditated even though you suggested it was and Goldsonw as never in danger as the picture clearly shows as he's hugging the fans.

Lets just agree to disagree

So now it's not premeditated even though you suggested it was and Goldsonw as never in danger as the picture clearly shows as he's hugging the fans.

I won’t agree to disagree.
They done wrong, got caught, bad mouthed the club on twitter. Zero sympathy.

I won’t agree to disagree.
They done wrong, got caught, bad mouthed the club on twitter. Zero sympathy.

Im saying you have been wrong about what you posted

You said it was premeditated- you don't know that and doesn't look like that

You said Goldson was in danger, he clearly wasn't.

Im saying you have been wrong about what you posted

You said it was premeditated- you don't know that and doesn't look like that

You said Goldson was in danger, he clearly wasn't.

Ok you’re right
We will agree to disagree

Just because Goldson is hugging the fans doesn't mean he's not in any danger. Look at the picture. One guy right in front holding him, one coming from his right and one coming over the top from his left. What happens if they get in a tangle and Goldson goes down with these three on top of him..?

They could easily injure him without meaning to..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back