Cup Final Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s folk I know with tickets who you’re lucky if they’ve been to 5 games this season. There’s other bears who haven’t missed a game in years and haven’t received a ticket. Something isn’t quite right there. Unless you think that’s fine?

When you say they haven't been to games then who paid for their ticket for the non season ticket games?

There’s folk I know with tickets who you’re lucky if they’ve been to 5 games this season. There’s other bears who haven’t missed a game in years and haven’t received a ticket. Something isn’t quite right there. Unless you think that’s fine?

That’s an absolute lie.

If they’ve only been to 5 games, how are they qualifying?

So are you saying you know people who have a season ticket, buy tickets for all the home European and cup games but hardly ever go to the games?

Anyone who argues that that's right is at it, surely.

I know guys who are in the same boat, they've been to every game domestically and in europe and spent £'000s in the process already this season and they might not get the chance to see us lift the League Cup next month. Its wrong.

I hate saying it but the way the mentally challengeds do it is right imo, their scum fans need to meet certain criteria (attended x amount of games over past x seasons) to qualify for games such as this. I dont know the inner workings of their ticketing system but I have poets in the work who explained it to me, sounds far better than the random ballot we have.

As an aside, given the amount of money that a lot of us are spending year in year out, and given that we live in the space year 2019, it surely wouldn’t be difficult to send out a ‘sorry mate’ email to those of us who are unsuccessful with these things. Would stop me having to mournfully check my email every couple of minutes.

There are a good few guys I know that haven't missed a game this season home and away (domestic and Europe) that have missed out in this ballot. I'm sorry but that is fundamentally wrong imo, a system has to be put in place that rewards their loyalty.

This isn't about being a "better / bigger" Rangers fan, everyone has commitments outside football but those that can juggle them and follow Rangers week in, week out deserve cup final tickets before others.

Anyway, roll on Hampden in a few weeks!
What criteria do you suggest? I don’t do many away games any more but have been a season ticket holder for 35 years.
I’ve been lucky this time but have missed out previously including Manchester.

So are you saying you know people who have a season ticket, buy tickets for all the home European and cup games but hardly ever go to the games?

Know plenty guys on the schemes who will choose a few big games they fancy and pass their tickets onto the rsc to sell individually for the rest.

No emails yet. However anyone suggesting that 18k emails are sent in one go by Rangers knows next to nothing about telecoms.

I think it has been well covered. Any scheme based on points would mean that maybe 4,000 leave the CCS as they would never get a ticket would mean less ticket Revenue. We draw East Fife in Scottish Cup on a Sunday at 3PM in January - 4,000 decided to watch on TV means we lose 4,000 x £25 multiply this by x games means a huge loss in Revenue, catering etc. Current rules mean these 4K pay for tickets wether they go or not, and maybe 4,000 is being on the conservative side.

It wouldn't, though. That same number would have to keep their CCCS scheme in order to take up the spaces when the current holders leave.

Feck it anyone point me in the direction where I can get hospitality packages - nothing on 29 members site

I know guys who are in the same boat, they've been to every game domestically and in europe and spent £'000s in the process already this season and they might not get the chance to see us lift the League Cup next month. Its wrong.

I hate saying it but the way the mentally challengeds do it is right imo, their scum fans need to meet certain criteria (attended x amount of games over past x seasons) to qualify for games such as this. I dont know the inner workings of their ticketing system but I have poets in the work who explained it to me, sounds far better than the random ballot we have.

This is exactly what it should be. As if a random fucking ballot is fair :D

I don't agree with the current system but there isn't much I can do about it. I think if you sign up to go to away games you should get priority over someone who just ticks the box for semi's and finals.

from what I’ve seen their criteria is pretty similar to ours. Difference is that they go on and have to queue to buy seats/tickets.

Still plenty of people missing out as well

I've yet to receive an email.

Been on the CCCS since King and the 3 Bears took control.

Never missed out on a ballot until today.

Fecking gutted.

PS I was order no 3500 for the semi. I wonder if the useless cants just scrubbed the first 8k.

I'd really be rather useful if those coming on to tell us that they have been allocated a ticket give us an indication of when they found out this information.

You can easily have a “weighted” ballot.

Those that haven’t missed a game in years should be given priority over those that don’t attend much ergo put less money in to the club.
Away games don't put a penny into the club, hence why no priority.

What criteria do you suggest? I don’t do many away games any more but have been a season ticket holder for 35 years.
I’ve been lucky this time but have missed out previously including Manchester.

Mate, there is no way someone with your level of loyalty should miss out on a game. You absolutely deserved a ticket for Manchester too.

from what I’ve seen their criteria is pretty similar to ours. Difference is that they go on and have to queue to buy seats/tickets.

Still plenty of people missing out as well

their away scheme is a points based system and pretty much makes it a closed shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back