Dave King. Over to you.

MadridBill

If the talk of King wanting McInnes but taking on board the thoughts of the DoF and other board members, I'd personally be delighted if he was on the phone to Robertson right now telling him enough is enough, the foot is going down and we want McInnes at Auhenhowie on Monday with a contract signed.

If King doesn't want MInnes then we better find someone, and someone of quality, not a Big Eck type appointment either.

We need a manager on Monday or we may well struggle to get a European place at this point.

if this team goes into europe they'll be out in the 1st round again

That's exactly why we need someone in now, capable of organising a team to win games in this league, here and now in 2017, not someone who done it 10 plus years ago, not some fancy up and coming dude with potential.

Either someone doing it here and now, like McInnes, or someone with experience managing a big club, our own Brendan Rodgers, without the obvious character flaws if possible.

Someone who can get us every possible point up to the transfer window, and someone who can shop wisely to get us that European place and hopefully get us pushing towards the group stages giving himself a chance at some more funds and better players.

Does anyone still believe Dave King or tbe board will do anything about this? King is never here and the board have made a complete arse of sacking pedro/getting new manager.

But we are taking our time and doing due diligence OP.......we are currently scouring the top league in outer joubouff for the man who will take us forward after him being recommended by one of the board member's mates. Stop worrying. What could possibly go wrong.

Too many people are confused.

Dave King is the Chairman of an executive board. He is powerless as an individual in all situations apart from a split vote where he would then have a deciding vote.

People are forgetting when David Murray was Chairman, he also owned 51% of shares and therefore a controlling interest. Dave King does not have a controlling interest and therefore does not have the ability to just tear on and take actions he would like to take

Dave King is the Chairman of an executive board. He is powerless as an individual in all situations apart from a split vote where he would then have a deciding vote.

People are forgetting when David Murray was Chairman, he also owned 51% of shares and therefore a controlling interest. Dave King does not have a controlling interest and therefore does not have the ability to just tear on and take actions he would like to take

Sounds like we're being run by a committee

Sounds like we're being run by a committee
Corporate Governance. Unless a party owns a controlling interest which is 51% of total shares then they are part of an Executive Democracy.

David Murray had the 51% and hence why it was a dictatorship. He was able to take what action he seen fit and his Executive board were merely Advisors and Daily Line Managers

Meanwhile, in the real world, if Dave King decided tomorrow, Mr X was going to be our new manager and the guy wanted to come, he'd have a contract signed as quick as he could get to Ibrox.

McInnes will get us second place year after year and out in the first round of the Europa league.

I'd rather we had better than that.

Personally I'd take that for this season and even next, and give him the third year to prove you wrong.
And if he couldn't?
We'd be in a hell of a better place, and the board might have a better idea who could then take us up another level.

McInnes will get us second place year after year and out in the first round of the Europa league.

I'd rather we had better than that.

Well it's f*cking better than 3rd or 4th and pissing away money on complete sh*te managers and their players until we have none left at all.

Personally I'd take that for this season and even next, and give him the third year to prove you wrong.
And if he couldn't?
We'd be in a hell of a better place, and the board might have a better idea who could then take us up another level.
That's a fair point that I can't really disagree with.
But I want a manager that can also build the infrastructure, coaching, youths etc.
I don't see McInnes doing that.

Meanwhile, in the real world, if Dave King decided tomorrow, Mr X was going to be our new manager and the guy wanted to come, he'd have a contract signed as quick as he could get to Ibrox.
I wish he had that power, but he obviously doesn't or he would've taken action by now. There is very obviously a split in the boardroom.

But I want a manager that can also build the infrastructure, coaching, youths etc.

I share your concerns, but that's something we have that Aberdeen don't that should bridge that.
Our director of football.
McInnes has an eye for a player, with a DoF to widen the net and open more options.
Aberdeen have a couple of decent youths who have come through, not 11 a year or even close, but Allen has youth experience, can he add that?

Coaching I'll give you, I'd hope we added to that, through Mark Allen rather than let McInnes fill the dugout.

We need a manager and fast oh and a blank cheque book while there at it because this side will struggle to make Europe.

As revealed in the accounts, the directors have already put in £17m in soft loans, and Dave King has already guaranteed another £7.5m to keep the lights on, until the end of next season. Season Ticket money pays the wage bill and some of the running costs. Our only other revenue stream is merchandising, and that isn't going to finance a major rebuild. In short, there is no money.

I share your concerns, but that's something we have that Aberdeen don't that should bridge that.
Our director of football.
McInnes has an eye for a player, with a DoF to widen the net and open more options.
Aberdeen have a couple of decent youths who have come through, not 11 a year or even close, but Allen has youth experience, can he add that?

Coaching I'll give you, I'd hope we added to that, through Mark Allen rather than let McInnes fill the dugout.
Again can't argue with that but we're relying on the D of F, does he think McInnes is the right guy for the job or can we attract someone better?
If not, McInnes would be in place now so we got to hope that Mark Allen is good, very good.

Why would McInnes or any other manager be responsible for that?

We have a head of youth development and director of football doing those kind of jobs.

Why would McInnes or any other manager be responsible for that?

We have a head of youth development and director of football doing those kind of jobs.
A head of youth and D of F are there to support the manger and the club.

iv said on a another post what they players need i a hard bastard some one who will kick some arses and gut that playing staff from top to bottom and we need him now who ever it is pos big eck to ens of season or some one of that ilck

Dave King IS NOT IN CONTROL of this
I wish he had that power, but he obviously doesn't or he would've taken action by now. There is very obviously a split in the boardroom.

For all the backers Pedro had, all the splits in board rooms, and all the people who have a decision ahead of King, it must be one hell of a coincidence that King came over, was in meetings with Miller, Wallace and Pedro and then Pedro was shown the door, all in the few days King was here.

DK might not be in control but there does seem to be a helluva lot of dithering when he is not around.

We have a board of CA's including our MD.

Perhaps not the best way to run any business.

Back