Match Thread Motherwell v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Take it you never seen the game on Thursday team where out in there feet! We have a big squad got to start using the players we have!

we have a big squad but not a great squad.

our best reserve is Defoe - but Alfie is the least tired out of the team that started on Thursday.

Right Rangers don't get drawn down to the hammer-throwers level of football, hopefully we get a bit of protection from the officials(yeah right) as we all know what motherwell are like, get the job done; 3 points and get out of there unscathed and injury free.

This my concern also. Motherwell will get away with horrific challenges today, guaranteed, just like Aberdeen did recently. Prepare for a free for all on our players at Fir Park and with no protection from the ref.

I think we will win comfortably.

3-1

Which is concerning - because I’m usually a wreck before any kick off’s!

Motherwell will fancy their chances against an exhausted team. It's all about how Sevie G manages the team today and when he brings on fresher legs.

However, we have had ridiculously bad luck recently and that needs to change and this is one game I'd be happy to win ugly.

Motherwell 1 Rangers 3

I am not suggesting resting him as we need his goals but Alfie has not looked the same player we all know and love lately.

Think it is really important we start well today and get ahead, don’t want us to be chasing the game later on when I expect we will have some tired players

Friday is as tough a game as today, so I don't expect many changes in the team this side of Xmas

This my concern also. Motherwell will get away with horrific challenges today, guaranteed, just like Aberdeen did recently. Prepare for a free for all on our players at Fir Park and with no protection from the ref.

Don Robertson who reffed us 2 weeks ago v Hearts, that shouldnt happen by the way, and let them kick lumps out of us. Totally ignored countless yellow card challenges and played 2 minutes injury time in a game we where 1 more goal would have taken us top. A total cheat. Prepare for more of the same.

motherwell aren't the hatchet men they once were, decent footballing side , with pace upfront in devante , i'm fairly confident but we need to be on our game , keep aribo and arfield in there current roles, get the game won and then rest alfie and kent etc ?

This will be potentially our toughest away game so far this season. Huge game

Strong team but the question is what have these players got left in the tank

At least we have 5 days to recover after today

Team selection proves the manager sees this as a tough must win game.

Apart from picking the lesser spotted Polster as a sub!

9 points in the next 3 games is a massive ask. We need to get goals added to the game and stop conceding the odd.goal in every game . Big ask but fingers crossed.. We got to hope they drop something over their next few games i.m.o or they probably open up a bit of a gap.

Flanagan must be injured or we wouldn't see both Polster and Halliday as subs. Weakest bench in a while I would say.

Last edited:
Really not sure about fielding the same starting 11 from Thursday. They put in a lot of effort & a few of them looked a bit tired in the last 20 mins.

Happy with the team.

Worried about lack of options on the bench should we need them.

This is a very tricky game and one we cannot afford to lose. To drop further points against Motherwell and face the prospect of going into the OF game trailing by 4 or 5 points would really ratchet the pressure up. A loss then at the piggery would, to all intents and purposes, end Rangers hopes of winning the league.

Rangers MUST get this done.

Back