Boyd its an offensive gesture

Morelos has done that gesture to his own fans before and nothing was said at the time. Refs in this country are cheating bastrds.
0_JS190160795.jpg

Just said on sky its an offensive gesture, So why when celtic players do it to us we get told its just banter?
In my opinion Alfie was silly and it is a booking. However it’s ridiculous that we are applied rules that are not applied elsewhere specifically Celtic but someone at Rangers needs to actually point this out. Dignified silence has failed miserably.

The rule is provocative gesture. I don't think for a second Morelos meant that in a 'get it ye manner' and not should he have seen red.

It isn't in the slightest offensive, provocative yes if meant in that context. Nowhere to go with it, even if it could be appealed it would fail and they would cite him for gesture to the ears instead which would also be classed as provocative.

Morelos has done that gesture to his own fans before and nothing was said at the time. Refs in this country are cheating bastrds.
0_JS190160795.jpg

Dont show that pic or say things like that or the compliance officer will tickle her fanny and gie Alfie a retrospective ban.

We
Sorry the FF hyperbole goes tonto sometimes.

It WAS a Yellow.

You cant fucking run up to opposition fans and do GIRUY gestures

Queue the barage
well apparently Brown, Lennon and every opposition player who scores at Ibrox can - without ant comment from anyone.

What is it with the tin hat mentality?
if officials follow the law its a second yellow.
The issue that its not implemented across the board doesnt mean Boyd, Gerrard or the officials are wrong. Just that the refs are inconsistent bordering incompetent at times.

Boyd is a turncoat rat

Boyd spent all day talking the team and Morelos up, but there's not much he could do about the red; it was a yellow and a sending off. We can't expect him to try and defend the indefensible when it was the right decision.

It's a yellow but only if they are consistent with it.
why isn't a yellow for every player? Brown wasn't given a card for the same gesture towards us
EL1SLwiWwAEqBov

No one is disputing that. Griffith's has done it before as well. It was a yellow but as I've said on other threads it happens week in week out and other get away with it we don't. Halliday and today being prime examples.

Knew he'd have to balance out his fair comment from earlier in the match.

It might well be considered an offensive gesture but it 100% needs to be the same for every player in every game. They can't pick and choose. The fact no other player outwith Rangers would have been booked there means simply the ref can't book Morelos.

The SFA now need to make sure every single player doing similar going forward is booked without fail. During or after the game. Meaning they need to go after Scott Brown now. Of course we know that isn't going to happen but that's the way is should happen.

The SFA and their refs are utterly incompetent.

Brown probably didnt one because the match was over.

I know! I get it! But that’s what they’ll tell you.

Players need to be above all that stuff though. I love Alfie, I really do. The atmosphere in Scotland towards him has lead to this. But he HAS to wrap it.

Boyd is right, it is an offensive gesture it always has been. Seeing as how Lego has never been reprimanded for the gesture Alfie assumes it was fare game. I would like to think Boyd is mentioning this to highlight what has gone before unpunished is suddenly a red card offence now.
Especially given his comments at half time on Morelos.
Was it not a second yellow.

Alfie is scrutinised like no other player. The media especially sky are after him. They hate him. why? Because he is the best centre forward in our league by far. All you want is a level playing field that’s all.

The uncomfortable fact of the matter is that Boyd is right.

Boyd did a bit of sticking up for Alfie today. He brought up the fact that lots of stuff gets highlighted only because it is Alfie and that he’s under constant scrutiny.

They were booing Alfie every time he got the ball today and that and the fact he missed a couple was frustrating him I think. When he got the clincher he just couldnae resist it.

But the bottom line is, it was daft.

He is undoubtedly treated differently to every other player in Scotland and that's the issue I have. As soon as he did it I said to my son he would get carded for it.

Irrespective of yellow or not I would far rather our players just celebrated with the thousands of bears who were there supporting our players.

An offensive gesture is a red card offence, he wasn’t given a second caution for an ‘offensive’ gesture.

Finds it offensive yet when pelted with coins and hurls of orange bastard towards him he finds it banter.Boyd can piss off.

It WAS a Yellow.

Queue the barage
Yeah I have no problem with it, but as long as refs are consistent, especially with the beasts from the east

The problem is not everyone else has done it Holding out arms, cupping ears, cupping the belly waving etc are they really provocative derisory or inflammatory All about opinions

True enough.

He’d have got away with all the strange face touching stuff he was doing, even making a b-line for the Motherwell fans wouldn’t have triggered the 2nd yellow as he stayed well on the pitch but as soon as his “Get it up ye” went in he was always getting booked.

If he hadn’t been booked he would have been making head lines all week for “getting away with one”

I said in the Match thread that it might prove to be a blessing in disguise, perhaps getting that card, while we still won the game today, will get that out his system.

Othewise he would have been a marked man in the next 2 games for a red that would mean he missed the game at the Piggery.

It WAS a Yellow.

Queue the barage

You are correct-by the letter of the law.

But thats the issue I have- how many times have we seen gestures at Ibrox after a team score? I have seen it lots and lots of times, but rarely if ever have I seen anyone cautioned.

I now assume this will change from now on

Alfie needs to stop it, he does it anytime he scores away from home, celebrate with our support or team mates.

I've had to turn it off before I stick my foot through the tele.

Boydy - GTF.

What a pathetic post.

Boyd called it right, as did Gerrard.

The incident in question was a 2nd yellow, and yes the inconsistencies of the rule being applied elsewhere are definitely a bigger issue that needs to be called out.

Folk losing their sh*t at Boyd when he clearly called out Morelos getting every small incident he's involved in highlighted unfairly.

I’ve just seen on Twitter a picture of Alfie celebrating the same way he did today in a previous game yet wasn’t sent off , Robertson couldn’t wait to send him off.

Two threads earlier talking Boyd not the hatred ...

It is a yellow card , it is offensive, if anyone has an issue the issue should be the lack of consistency from referees not a pundit stating the bloody obvious .
Try doing it to a police man or yoir boss and see if you get away with that.

It is an offensive gesture though.

The main issue is that not everyone gets done for it.
Exactly the issue mate ,no one is disputing it was a yellow under in today's easily offended society .
I used to give it to players in past like johnny Doyle , Lennon and the like so if they gave me the bird back , no big deal .

Fat gimp would love to get pelted with pies and bovril
What do you want him to do? Lie about it. It was an offensive gesture and that is liable to a booking. The problem is that others get away with it that’s the issue. Why blame a man for telling it like it is?

Back