Olivier Giroud

I don’t think I can take anyone serious going forward if they think that Giroud won’t improve this team or is a shite player.
I never said he wouldn’t improve the squad. I said he could be useful plan b. My caveat though is I go to Chelsea every other week and he isn’t getting a look in. Slow and ponderous this year and slows game down. In our current set up he wouldn’t work. Is he a very good player yes...no doubt. Would I want him as sub in no limits world...of course. In financial constrained world I would be worried about what giving up to have an expensive sub.

Would I take World Cup winning striker Giroud in this Rangers team? Yes.

Will he be signing with us? Absolutely not.

I never said he wouldn’t improve the squad. I said he could be useful plan b. My caveat though is I go to Chelsea every other week and he isn’t getting a look in. Slow and ponderous this year and slows game down. In our current set up he wouldn’t work. Is he a very good player yes...no doubt. Would I want him as sub in no limits world...of course. In financial constrained world I would be worried about what giving up to have an expensive sub.
We aren’t playing in the EPL.
If we signed Giroud he would not be a sub mate are you joking? This place is absolutely bonkers.

it’s not happening either way

We aren’t playing in the EPL.
If we signed Giroud he would not be a sub mate are you joking? This place is absolutely bonkers.

it’s not happening either way
Hypothetical debate as it’s not happening
...so he starts. Who is dropped, and is that a better line up. My point was it requires a change in formation or Giroud starts over buff.
Let me ask you - when did you see him play cause he has so little game time for Chelsea who I see every other week. What is mental is not looking at overall picture.

He won the puscas award around 4 years ago for scoring the best goal of the year....

The Puskás award is completely irrelevant when talking about ability. It has been won multiple time by players who wouldn’t make it at Aberdeen. Last year was a player in the Hungarian league and the season Giroud won it, Dembele finished 3rd with a goal against St Johnstone that I don’t think poets even remember.

I cannot see it but he isn’t ideal striker for Scottish football as he would stand up to the thugs.

Hypothetical debate as it’s not happening
...so he starts. Who is dropped, and is that a better line up. My point was it requires a change in formation or Giroud starts over buff.
Let me ask you - when did you see him play cause he has so little game time for Chelsea who I see every other week. What is mental is not looking at overall picture.
Ok. Hypothetical. Him and Alfie could play together. They are more suited and he’s better suited to our system than Defoe.
He could come up here and score 2 a game, then what? He’s an EPL level striker there is absolutely no way he signs a hypothetical contract and sits on a hypothetical bench :D

I'll be honest and say hes a player I never really fancied either. Hes not really a goalscorer, we play with one man up and two off. We would need to change or style to suit him.

Ok. Hypothetical. Him and Alfie could play together. They are more suited and he’s better suited to our system than Defoe.
He could come up here and score 2 a game, then what? He’s an EPL level striker there is absolutely no way he signs a hypothetical contract and sits on a hypothetical bench :D
So who is dropped. I see that is only way we play 2 up but he hasn’t worked for Chelsea this season in way they play which isn’t too dissimilar to us. But that’s a better debate than saying people are clueless. My opinion is based on how we play, having watched Giroud in his limited game time and seeing his ineffectiveness and how our team set up could flex . He wouldn’t work in straight swap for Alfie again in my opinion. He’s currently an epl striker who most weeks isn’t on bench....

I wil
So who is dropped. I see that is only way we play 2 up but he hasn’t worked for Chelsea this season in way they play which isn’t too dissimilar to us. But that’s a better debate than saying people are clueless. My opinion is based on how we play, having watched Giroud in his limited game time and seeing his ineffectiveness and how our team set up could flex . He wouldn’t work in straight swap for Alfie again in my opinion. He’s currently an epl striker who most weeks isn’t on bench....
l post a Giroud update at 5ish when I get back from the bridge.....

He could be a makeweight in a Morelos deal. Chelsea can sign players in January. They could give us £30m plus lend us Giroud until the end of the season..... There is not much he could say about that.

Some posters have had to much Xmas spirits, they wouldn't take Giroud seriously? can't see it happening but him being on the end of Borna and Tav crosses would bring a whole new dimension to our game.

Don’t see it happening and not really what we need. Rather see investment in another bit of pace and creativity to compete with Kent, Jones, Ojo etc.

Sorry can’t update cause he not even made the bench today...Im not at and I think I do know something about football and I not been on the Buckie but the 2019/2020 Giroud would not displace Alfie in the way we play. To recall my memory arsenal sold him to my other team for around 13/14m 2 years ago....

Can't see this being even remotely true, but every time I watch us play I can't help but ask myself what a taller more traditional type target man could do with all the great deliveries we put in from wide positions.

I know Alfie is good in the air for his size but I still would like a taller option. Waste of time crossing it for Defoe.

I would love him to come up here so I can smear dugshite on my face.

And to all the crackpots saying he wouldnt add anything.....

Merry Christmas :D

Steven Gerrard on Olivier Giroud reports: “I’m getting linked with some good players. I don’t know anything about it to be honest, but if someone knows something give them my number. It’s the first I’ve heard - good player though”.

I would love him to come up here so I can smear dugshite on my face.

And to all the crackpots saying he wouldnt add anything.....

Merry Christmas :D
We could be linked with Messi and we'd still have people on here saying they wouldn't sign him.

It was about this time last year we had the lunacy of posters saying Defoe was well past it.

Steven Gerrard on Olivier Giroud reports: “I’m getting linked with some good players. I don’t know anything about it to be honest, but if someone knows something give them my number. It’s the first I’ve heard - good player though”.
So it's safe to get his name printed on the wee man's top?

His basic wage is £60k a week at Bournemouth and we are paying a part of that and he is lowering it to come here next season on permanent signing

Giroud would be a stunning signing but I just can't seeing it happening there is still a number of players motivated by money at that age

Cheers. I knew we were only paying a fraction but thought he was on £100k p/w

Giroud would destroy Scottish football.

People turning their nose up at Giroud whilst saying Lyle Taylor (seperate thread) would be a great signing lol.

40k a week wages on a free transfer is circa £2m per year.

If a world class player was available for £6m for a three year deal including wages, what would you say ?

Can't see this being even remotely true, but every time I watch us play I can't help but ask myself what a taller more traditional type target man could do with all the great deliveries we put in from wide positions.

I know Alfie is good in the air for his size but I still would like a taller option. Waste of time crossing it for Defoe.

Agreed so why we continually try to cross it when he is leading the attack i will never understand.

Back