Match Thread Rangers v Stranraer - 19:45 Friday - Premier 1

We most certainly need to have back up in attack, what we’ve seen tonight, we’re lacking in the Squad, look to introducing young ones.

Been out all day haven't managed to see/hear anything of the game what's the script? Good/shite/indifferent?
Its been what youd expect. Were playing half a team, Stranraer dont want a tanking, a few cobwebs after the break.

We shouldve had 2 other penalties, an offside goal that looks like was actually onside, Stranraer should be down to 9 men and their keepers had a blinder.

Nathan Patterson looks good and it seems Stevie Wonder is the barber for our youth setup.

So the cross to Defoe in the first half that was a gift?

So one cross? There were about four where he had all the time in the world and sent them them nowhere.

Barisicesque? Barisic is all about his consistent delivery.

I like the look of Patterson but folk getting carried away here, not tested at all defensively but looks keen to get forward which is a good thing.

It’s like the poets raving about Frimpong when he’s done %^*& all himself.

I really wish match threads were closed to comments and just had someone doing updates like twitter. Absolute murder trying to find out what's happening but having to trawl through post after post slating our players.

In fairness, there isn't a whole lot happening

Its been what youd expect. Were playing half a team, Stranraer dont want a rankings, a few cobwebs after the break.

We shouldve had 2 other penalties, an offside goal that looks like was actually onside, Stranraer should be down to 9 men and their keepers had a blinder.

Nathan Patterson looks good and it seems Stevie Wonder is the barber for our youth setup.

Good summary

I don’t imagine Gerrard will be happy with this performance yes job done but well under par and not clinical enough we should’ve used tonight to get a few goals and blow them away but have continually played the ball slow took extra touches when not necessary.

I’m baffled as to why we are sending Jamie Murphy out on loan when our back up wingers are Ojo,barker and jones.

Murphy must be struggling for fitness imo.
So one cross? There were about four where he had all the time in the world and sent them them nowhere.

Barisicesque? Barisic is all about his consistent delivery.

I like the look of Patterson but folk getting carried away here, not tested at all defensively but looks keen to get forward which is a good thing.

It’s like the poets raving about Frimpong when he’s done %^*& all himself.

Nah your right mate he is shite. Let’s slag %^*& out the boy on his debut :oops:

A few of our fringe players look at the same level as the Stranraer players in all honesty.

I know it’s all about the result but this has been a terrible performance.

Hopefully that’s us got it out the system and we come out all guns blazing against St Mirren.

I know it's only Stranraer but i'm liking seeing Edmundson and Katic playing together, a potential future partnership for years right there.

Defence and Jack and Davis have been ok.
Some nice touches from Defoe tonight and Aribo. However we have been very poor on the left hand side all night.

that was rotten from Barker.

A bit rusty tonight to put it mildly.

We have a lot of games coming up at Ibrox, we need to get back in the habit of starting these homes games with tempo and purpose.

I know it's only Stranraer but i'm liking seeing Edmundson and Katic playing together, a potential future partnership for years right there.
Under no pressure, Edmundson didn’t look clever on one occasion in the right back area when pressed. Can’t read anything into this game IMO

Back