Match Thread Rangers v Stranraer - 19:45 Friday - Premier 1

We're through and that's about it. Impressed with Patterson on his debut, but very little else. Too many players going through the motions. If that was a few guys trying to impress Steven Gerrard then, I don't think they will have succeeded. Very little on show tonight to get excited about, in fact tedious.

I’m baffled as to why we are sending Jamie Murphy out on loan when our back up wingers are Ojo,barker and jones.

I’m certain we’ll bring another forward player this window. Kent, Arfield, and Aribo are good players however Kent is the only one that naturally plays there. If he gets injured we’re forced into starting Ojo, Barker or Jones and none of the three are at the level we need at such a critical time.

Severely lacking another striker when morelos & defoe are not on the park there is nothing upfront ,ojo and barker are awful

Dreadful performance but job done.

Let's hope the rust is shaken off for the big tests ahead.

Patterson the major plus point for me.

Barker is absolute garbage. Hasn’t managed to string a decent pass or beat a man the whole time he’s been on the park.

Waste of a jersey.

Pretty poor performance but as Alex Rae has just said "It's about getting in the next round of the hat"

Jesus that man is not very bright :oops:

Its been what youd expect. Were playing half a team, Stranraer dont want a tanking, a few cobwebs after the break.

We shouldve had 2 other penalties, an offside goal that looks like was actually onside, Stranraer should be down to 9 men and their keepers had a blinder.

Nathan Patterson looks good and it seems Stevie Wonder is the barber for our youth setup.

Cheers

We need to sell morelos and sign Sam cosgrove and lyndon dykes .
Fire it into the mixer for them and we’d have won 10-0

Summary
Pros
Defoe scores
Paterson
We’re through.
Blows the cobwebs away
Cons
Barker and jones
Defoe is going through a bad patch.
Strength in depth isn’t as good as you would hope.

Well, that was 6 goals less than I thought. However, it's a win.

Patterson was a massive positive. Great performance from the wee man today and he's got a bright future.

Barker and Ojo should never play for us again. Both utter dross. Barker lost the ball or gave it away every time he touched it. Ojo was hiding as soon as he came on

All tonight has shown is Barker/Jones and Ojo are not really cutting the mustard at Rangers.

Through to next round though.

You know what, maybe that was a good game for us. If we’d won 7-0 any lingering complacency after the Old Firm and then the break may have carried on. As it is we’re safely through, and Gerrard gets to have a bit of a pop at the performance and gee them up for Wednesday.

Can we not do that thing where we've won so people jump down your throat at any criticism?

Because Barker, Ojo and Jones were dire tonight. I'm willing to give the latter the benefit of the doubt having just come back, but the first two shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

A training match.

I hope we sign someone that can play across the front three. After Morelos, Defoe, Kent, and Aribo there is no one of sufficient standard.

Barker time up for him.

Barker, I’m pretty sure never commanded a first place when he was on loan at Hibs. Thought at the time of the signing it was a strange one I’m not going to say that I know more than the gaffer so I’m willing to bow to his knowledge and hope he can come good.

Probably not, but they have made us an offer for him that we feel is acceptable, no one else has.

And would you rather have him playing for us over Barker? Both Jones and Barker been very poor tonight yet Murphy is going out on loan to a lower league team in a different country.

Should have played Murphy tonight to see how he does before shipping him out.

Back