Club statement on SFA charges

No need to say anything else at this point.

To put this into context, Paedo FC weren’t charged for Mongo giving it GIRFUY in front of our fans, for their tramp lowlife players tying scarves to our goal posts, for Thumb wiping his nose on our corner flag and waving a massive tricolour from the front of the Broomy when a Scotland player.
What about hibs in the 2016 SCF? Dis the SFA bring charges against them then?

1.In the absence of a CEO the MD is responsible, Rangers business s football and we’re being deprived of the right to win fairly too often.

2. If he doesn’t have the balls for getting his hands dirty he could hire somebody who can.

3. We have been cheated out of 1 trophy and top place in the league in December alone, Stewart Robertson has been found wanting (IMO).

4. Also, if it’s not his remit, why did he go public re VAR and orally confirm that he doesn’t blame Clancy for his abortion of a stewardship of the last scum match?

This is all theory on my part but ...

1. I think businesses assign roles as suits themselves, there's no hard and fast 'rule' that says the MD should represent the business like this. Agree that we're being cheated.
2. King decides who comes in outwith the football side, not SR.
3. Agreed but SR has not been found wanting in what he's being asked to do.
4. He was specifically told to do so?

We're on the same page, VH, if not the same paragraph. King isn't stupid, I just can't see him failing to understand the situation so my belief is that he's listening to others whom he trusts. I suspect MacLelland and Traynor but I put my hand up to detesting MacLelland since I watched him insult us at the AGM by his "if the fans were in charge we'd be £168m in debt".
We need fresh blood in at board level to get this done - and, to repeat myself - it must not be left to this manager to correct our historic deficiencies in this arena.

We should be calling for the sacking of the compliance officer. Not only is she a Celtic season ticket holder. She now takes instructions from Liewell

Is she in the directors box or in amongst the nuns and the priests?

I am not asking to have a go, I am genuinely asking as you are accusing the club of making soundbites but pretty much doing the same yourself.

Enough is enough, force the SFAs hand, fight them. What does banning the Sun have to do with charges from the SFA?

What does 'not this time' even mean? What are you going to do if you don't get what you want?

In a nutshell the club will defend themselves against the charges using previous precedents and then comment on it.
What am I going to do about it? It wasn't a threat (strange question), so what I'm going to do about it is not believe the statement till I see some action from the club.

The question for me is, will the club do more than just make a statement?

Last year we got cheated by Collum and still accepted a fine. The mhanks meanwhile did the same but they get away with it. Did we fight this injustice?

I hope I'm wrong about the club's lack of balls because if they don't make a stand at some point it will get even worse.

I just hope the club have been compiling evidence over the past few years and this is the start of the fightback. For this to have any meaning we need to show how comparable incidents were dealt with differently and how we were adversely affected by it compared to other clubs.
For the recent ones v Hibs/them you can bet this will happen 3 or 4 times this weekend on various matches but because ours are on TV ( and involves us)they are highlighted.
I remember a few years ago TLB with Hibs having a set to with Jim Duffy but not sure if punished.
What can the club do? Apart from contest and complain there is very little. We can't withdraw from games, withdraw from SFA or refuse TV cameras. I'm at a bit of a loss to see what else the club can do .

source.gif

What am I going to do about it? It wasn't a threat (strange question), so what I'm going to do about it is not believe the statement till I see some action from the club.

Last year we got cheated by Collum and still accepted a fine. The mhanks meanwhile did the same but they get fined? Did we fight this injustice?

I hope I'm wrong about the club's lack of balls because if they don't make a stand at some point it will get even worse.
Other than fight charges and call the SFA out, which the statement does, what do you want done that would make a difference? We can refuse to participate in competitions or play games.

Go onto any football fans forum and see if you can find any set of fans who think their team gets the majority of decisions. I guarantee you will not find many (if any).

I'd be far more critical of the referee last night who failed to send a player off when he could have seriously hurt Halliday.

There will be next to no discussion on that because it wasn't against Celtic.
You’d be more critical of Beaton last night than Clancy?

I’m sorry pal but I can’t talk with you anymore, you’re obviously at it

It may not be a perfect statement but if followed up with action / defense of the club and players / then it’s all we can ask for really.

We have to let the powers that be know in spite of their influences we won’t roll over and take this nonsense anymore

I just hope the club have been compiling evidence over the past few years and this is the start of the fightback. For this to have any meaning we need to show how comparable incidents were dealt with differently and how we were adversely affected by it compared to other clubs.
For the recent ones v Hibs/them you can bet this will happen 3 or 4 times this weekend on various matches but because ours are on TV ( and involves us)they are highlighted.
I remember a few years ago TLB with Hibs having a set to with Jim Duffy but not sure if punished.
What can the club do? Apart from contest and complain there is very little. We can't withdraw from games, withdraw from SFA or refuse TV cameras. I'm at a bit of a loss to see what else the club can do .
/
Maybe demand an independent investigation into the SFA? There has to be some mechanism to address governing body bias.

Last year we got cheated by Collum and still accepted a fine. The mhanks meanwhile did the same but they get away with it. Did we fight this injustice?

I'm sorry but I am still absolutely none the wiser what you expect the club to do. They wil defend themselves against the charges, as they would anyway and comment if they are unhappy with result.

What other action can they take that would satisfy you?

Just ignore it. Not worth the time it took to write it with the cowards at our club. They'll bend over for the SFA, just need to find out how far.

Sick of statements when they have no backbone to ever back it up.
Going on past instances,it's difficult to argue with this, but we live in hope.

Why do you mean you understand the Culshaw and Beale ones? What other clubs have been punished for coaches being sent to the stand?

Huh, thought that was standard practice. If not I take it back. The decision is a disgrace!

Other than fight charges and call the SFA out, which the statement does, what do you want done that would make a difference? We can refuse to participate in competitions or play games.
Are you happy with just the statement? Even if we do nothing else will that be sufficient?

Our history of statements and not backing any of them up is a long list now.

What would I have done? I'd have been far more proactive and actually backed up the statements, as I can only hope they do this time.

The attack by the Sun on Alfie? Would you have did nothing or ban the journalist or paper?

How about the statement regarding the SPFL chairman? Again nothing. We didn't even try to force a vote to out him.

Pick a statement and I'll tell you what I would have done if you want.

For this particular statement I'd fight it all the way (lawyers etc). We can only hope the club do but I suspect we'll roll up to Hampden and accept the punishment without much of a whimper.

I've liked the posts that say fight it all the way because that's what we should do. We clearly are treated differently as though they have a rule book made up just for us, on the park and off the park.

Last edited:
I said it last night. The only way to end this persecution is to put the SFA on the backfoot by demanding an independent investigation regarding Clancy's cheating at the Piggery. They are attempting to sabotage our season again, just like last season.

Decent statement, but the club should have waited until they had their full say on it, instead of issuing a statement mentioning a further detailed statement. Now the SFA will be prepared.

The Club had the chance to be proactive after the game but decided to be reactive.
More passive than reactive in my opinion.
Having won the game we should've been on the front foot regarding the refereeing performance.....yet again though we've been schooled by their PR machine.

I'm sorry but I am still absolutely none the wiser what you expect the club to do. They wil defend themselves against the charges, as they would anyway and comment if they are unhappy with result.

What other action can they take that would satisfy you?
I could not it make it clearer. I want them to fight the club's corner. If you think making a statement is enough without ever backing it up then fair enough. If we do back this statement up it will be a first. Hopefully the first of many.

I’m a bit out of the loop here. I know the charges against us and our staff but have Hibs or the tramps been charged or any of their staff.

Firstly, as far as I can see, no other club has been charged when there’s been a rumpus involving anyone in the technical area

Secondly has any other club had charges laid against any of there technical team over & above whatever touchline ban they get?

Thirdly, in the Hibs game, Gerrard & our team went apeshit at the 4th official after the tackle on Borna. It was Hibs men that then encroached on our technical area to pick a barney and defend their thug. Any charges?

Lastly Kennedy’s an ugly fecker. Are they doing owt about his offensive face?

I could not it make it clearer. I want them to fight the club's corner. If you think making a statement is enough without ever backing it up then fair enough. If we do back this statement up it will be a first. Hopefully the first of many.
You have been anything but clear but I will give it another go, back it up with what? What specific action are you wanting the club to take to fight the club's corner to 'backup' statements?

When brought up on charges or our players are cited then they use lawyers to defend against the charges. This is standard practice, and they exhaust any appeal process available to them.

This is the outcome of a media narrative we've allowed to develop since December 29th. Much like last year.

Maybe we'll learn to be pre-emptive rather than reactive.

You have been anything but clear but I will give it another go, back it up with what? What specific action are you wanting the club to take to fight the club's corner to 'backup' statements?

When brought up on charges or our players are cited then they use lawyers to defend against the charges. This is standard practice, and they exhaust any appeal process available to them.
If needs be go all the way to the court for arbitration in sport (in this case). If you want to know what I'd do regarding other statements you'll need to be specific.

The last statement was about VAR and Alfie. So each has a different answer.

You know as well as I do we are treated differently. Therefore we need someone to catalogue the bias. I believe Club 1872 are working on something like this. Whether they are a legal expert I have no idea.

I really couldn't be clearer. I think you want me to start ranting about boycotts or similar.

What would you have done about the Sun recently? What would you have done about Hibs or Motherwell hooligans? What would you have done about Collum? How about the SPFL chairman? How about Clancy?

That's off the top of my head.

Now tell me what the club did about those incidents? Did the club do exactly as you wished?

Do you think the club has fought our corner? When?

Time for you to support your view that I'm wrong.

1. I think businesses assign roles as suits themselves, there's no hard and fast 'rule' that says the MD should represent the business like this. Agree that we're being cheated.

We're on the same page, VH, if not the same paragraph. King isn't stupid, I just can't see him failing to understand the situation so my belief is that he's listening to others whom he trusts. I suspect MacLelland and Traynor but I put my hand up to detesting MacLelland since I watched him insult us at the AGM by his "if the fans were in charge we'd be £168m in debt".
We need fresh blood in at board level to get this done - and, to repeat myself - it must not be left to this manager to correct our historic deficiencies in this arena.

This is more or less my stance from the other day which you took exception to, namely that we're not cowering away from a fight but employing an approach that is clearly ineffectual.

I'm struggling to explain why we haven't adopted a more aggressive strategy. The negative media has been going on for the entirety of King's regime. If it's down to personnel then we change them. If that means bringing in a CEO so be it. If it means employing a more effective PR team, ditto.

Either way whatever we're currently doing doesn't appear to be working.

Clyde's take on the statement:

Keevins - Rangers no leg to stand on (basically). Celtic and Rangers "Playing to the gantry".
Wishart - Don't know what the SFA are wanting.
Hannah - Interesting line for Rangers to pursue. "SFA are picking on us"
Fat Guidi - Sick and fed up of all the fall out. Fed up with all the statements.
Alex Rae-Astonishing that it's 19 days after the event. 2 instances dealt with at the time. Ryan Kent no charge to answer as an individual. Doesn't stack up. Will be blown out the water.
Dalziel - A complete shambles. SFA leave themselves wide open for criticism.

/
Maybe demand an independent investigation into the SFA? There has to be some mechanism to address governing body bias.
This the question Rangers need to ask the SFA. They need to say "Do we need to go down the route of an independent investigation". Leave it at that. If the SFA are stupid they say "go ahead". We compile the stupid amount of evidence to back it and make it public. The SFA look absolutely fucking stupid at the very least.

some reasonable points. I like Stewart as a person, really decent chap who represents Rangers extremely well in public. Even loosely attributing responsibilities around his role, he doesn’t have the gravitas, steel, innovation and aggression to lead the club.

really interesting to see the reference to McCelland. I shudder every time I see this incompetent fat buffoon still getting his free rides in the directors box. He should be chased.

This the question Rangers need to ask the SFA. They need to say "Do we need to go down the route of an independent investigation". Leave it at that. If the SFA are stupid they say "go ahead". We compile the stupid amount of evidence to back it and make it public. The SFA look absolutely fucking stupid at the very least.
To me that's the route we have to go down next at least threaten an independent investigation or preferably go for it

This is more or less my stance from the other day which you took exception to, namely that we're not cowering away from a fight but employing an approach that is clearly ineffectual.

I'm struggling to explain why we haven't adopted a more aggressive strategy. The negative media has been going on for the entirety of King's regime. If it's down to personnel then we change them. If that means bringing in a CEO so be it. If it means employing a more effective PR team, ditto.

Either way whatever we're currently doing doesn't appear to be working.
Not going to nitpick or argue, maybe I was having a bad day but you'd have to be a newcomer to be unaware of how many times I've asked for the appointment of a "CEO who will robustly champion the Club's interests on and off the pitch". Good to know that we agree, though, Beautiful Bonce.

I'm finding it incredible reading some of the stuff on Twitter to our statement that the mentally challengeds actually think they've been hard done to after the game on the 29th!

The most biased,corrupt officiating i think I've ever seen in a game we've been involved in yet these cunts are calling Clancy and the SFA corrupt and are against them:oops:

If needs be go all the way to the court for arbitration in sport (in this case). If you want to know what I'd do regarding other statements you'll need to be specific.

The last statement was about VAR and Alfie. So each has a different answer.

You know as well as I do we are treated differently. Therefore we need someone to catalogue the bias. I believe Club 1872 are working on something like this. Whether they are a legal expert I have no idea.

I really couldn't be clearer. I think you want me to start ranting about boycotts or similar.

What would you have done about the Sun recently? What would you have done about Hibs or Motherwell hooligans? What would you have done about Collum? How about the SPFL chairman? How about Clancy?

That's off the top of my head.

Now tell me what the club did about those incidents? Did the club do exactly as you wished?

Do you think the club has fought our corner? When?

Time for you to support your view that I'm wrong.
CAS would simply say its up to the local governing sporting authority, as similar to UEFA we agree to abide the decisions of those governing bodies when we compete in their tournaments. One look at the SPFL website can show there are countless clubs facing similar charges, so it's not even straightforward to prove the bias even with a dossier of inconsistency - as like it or not, the other clubs have one too.

I have been very specific, what do you want the club to do about these charges from the SFA which this thread is about?

I have no issue with Tabloids being denied access to Ibrox and our players but it has no bearing on these charges from SFA and the grand scheme of things achieves nothing. The Hibs and Motherwell hooligans are police enquiries and not under our remit to do anything or anything we can even comment on publically without being in danger of contempt. We called out collum last season after St Mirren game, he didn't referee a game for us for months - meaning the club most likely spoke to head of refereeing about concerns, similar to how they have probably also done about Clancy and collum again.

Our board have fought our corner at every turn - whether it being financially to make us competitive again, wrestling control from the previous regime, litigation against Ashley over our kits.

Calling the people who saved our club from the abyss cowards and shouting into the void is easy. Actually offering solutions clearly not so much.

some reasonable points. I like Stewart as a person, really decent chap who represents Rangers extremely well in public. Even loosely attributing responsibilities around his role, he doesn’t have the gravitas, steel, innovation and aggression to lead the club.

really interesting to see the reference to McCelland. I shudder every time I see this incompetent fat buffoon still getting his free rides in the directors box. He should be chased.
IMHO (ie. trying not to be banned) he's the epitome of a smarmy, sneering, blazer-chasing, lickspittle.
A Dave King blind-spot.

Operation save 9/stop 1 is in full effect. They are fucking desperate to stop us at any cost, including making themselves looking like the amateur association they fucking are.

I think the fact that for once we have highlighted the fact that we are being dealt with to a different standard than other clubs was the only way forward.
I'm assuming we will now produce evidence of other clubs players/officials behaviour where not such charge was imposed which if we do puts them in a position where they need to justify their action against us and their inaction with other club/s
That would be one hell of a rap sheet to produce

Do it Rangers

These threads always turn into a bun fight.

We are at a crossroads here, there may well be risks in going after the SFA but ,in my humble opinion, there are also risks in not doing so.

The club will obviously have to weigh up the pros and cons , for me , it's time to come out fighting.

We all want the club to do something, the club inform us they will do something and update us after the weekend. Still there are fans moaning. Maybe after the weekend they might inform us they've banned the sun and leckie, we can but hope, however could the moaners just hold fire and let's see what the week ahead brings.

I'm finding it incredible reading some of the stuff on Twitter to our statement that the mentally challengeds actually think they've been hard done to after the game on the 29th!

The most biased,corrupt officiating i think I've ever seen in a game we've been involved in yet these cunts are calling Clancy and the SFA corrupt and are against them:oops:

It’s what they do. No matter whatever goes their way they push for more.
As has been said many times Refs are shit scared to get on their wrong side.

Things the statement next week must mention -

The disgusting behaviour of Celtic FC at Ibrox 2 seasons ago inc. pyros thrown at our goalie, players goading our fans and a fucking entourage coming on the pitch at the end - none of this was punished

The repeated abuse of our players at away grounds which continues to go unpunished and unaddressed

Clancy’s performance, indeed repeated ‘honest mistakes’ this season, see Beaton at Pittodrie

The influence of Lawwell within Scottish football -this is perhaps the most important point of all
The Lawell part is key. I have been saying this to my son for months. He has far too much say in how things are run.
In the last few months we have heard two departing chairmen (Aberdeen and St Mirren) say as much, and while it was reported on, it seemed to disappear from the back pages very quickly.
At the very least, his involvement is a conflict of interest, but I have a feeling it’s a lot more sinister than that and he should be forced to stand down from his position.

It’s what they do. No matter whatever goes their way they push for more.
As has been said many times Refs are shit scared to get on their wrong side.
We've let it snowball, after the match we should have nailed Clancy,going through all the bad decision,their goal,our 2 pens for tugs on shirt,second yellows for Boli,Christie.Red for Julienne and playing near 7 mins when he signalled 4.

Gerrard as much as i love him really needs to up his game when it comes to this as I'm becoming tired of the "no complaints" when asked about the officials.

Back