Cash only at Ibrox

I don’t know, but I’d take a guess that the running costs for the PDQ machines aren’t seen as viable for use 16-20 odd times a season. I’d also think it’s the Food contractors that would need to pay it, and they want as much profit as possible.
I also wonder what the phone line set up is in the kiosks to even support it.
It is ridiculous in this day and age though.

I’m sure the deal with the caterers runs out at end of season. Something that really needs upgraded in terms of quality of food and looking at cashless kiosks like some of the english teams use.

As an aside, do the bookies in the stadium accept card?

It could come down to an infrastructure issue that the club need to resolve first?

The club has no say on this.

Elior run our catering and the club make no profits spent at the kiosks.

We’re as well as boycotting it until the contract with them runs out.

The entire food operation needs to get into the 21st century, hopefully improvements being made as part of project2022

What changes and improvements are these ?

I keep hearing about them but haven’t seen a single thing done in terms of 2022 celebrations .

Yeah the only places that I know that don’t accept card now are barber shops

Shop round the corner from us doesn't take cash but does have two cash machines inside whole family works inside it must lose a fortune as most people just go elsewhere

The club has no say on this.

Elior run our catering and the club make no profits spent at the kiosks.

We’re as well as boycotting it until the contract with them runs out.
Eilor contract runs out at the end of the season.
They also have murrayfield contract in comparison

shambolic thisnday in age its cash only, the whole matchday experience needs an overhaul and the food at Ibrox is one of the worst in the country

As always we seem to behind the times.. however hopefully something the board will addresa with the next contract

The entire operation needs upgraded, both in quality and service. This includes upgrading payment methods.

As said on here, the food contract is due up soon.

I am trying to convince the director of the catering division of the company I work for to bid for this when it comes up. (I want to do free visits to Ibrox)

Price, quality of lack of debit card options seem to be key failures just now? What else?

catering company awarded a contract by Dodgy Chics board, its easier to "handle" cash than electronic payments.

I very rarely carry cash with me like others, surely the club must be losing out because of this.

Does anyone know why the club only accept cash only at food stalls ?

That will be changing soon when the kiosks are refurbished as part of the planned upgrades arrangements will be made for contactless payment, in fact it's more than likely there will be no cash option.

You're actually better off going to one of the snack vans outside the stadium (for a better price and better food). Which is a shame, because the club probably don't benefit

Back