Cash only at Ibrox

As said on here, the food contract is due up soon.

I am trying to convince the director of the catering division of the company I work for to bid for this when it comes up. (I want to do free visits to Ibrox)

Price, quality of lack of debit card options seem to be key failures just now? What else?
Everything you said is needing fixed. Everything overpriced, food is rotten and no option to pay with card.

Also stuff like packets of sweets could be sold. The street vendors make a fortune out of selling chewy, fizzy sweets, rhubarb and custards etc.

Could do stuff like chips n cheese etc which sell well outside the ground.

the other week the guy serving had run out of basics like cups. I suppose it being busy at halftime might have come as a shock to him.

When I was down at Old Trafford last season they had the option for contactless. In fact they had many more card than cash outlets. Far better imo

When I was down at Old Trafford last season they had the option for contactless. In fact they had many more card than cash outlets. Far better imo
I was at the Bayern Munich basketball stadium last year, and they had plenty of card or cash-only outlets. Plus you could drink beer!

It’s quite sad when a wee roll shop can take contactless payment but we can’t at Ibrox.

The catering needs an overhaul

,,Having attended a few different English grounds recently i can confirm we are light years behind when it comes to catering,the club needs to sort this out when deal is up

How does it work mate?
Does the club just charge a letting fee ?
They paid us a lump sum in 2011 to be caterers for 9 years. So it should run out this summer.

The club basically said right give us your money and you have free reign on what you do. I think that’s why they overprice everything because they’re trying to recoup what they’ve lost. But the cash only tills is a bit suspect.

Having been to a game down south our catering is absolutely embarrassing looks like we have stood still since 1992

We won't see upgrades in the catering and concourses until the current catering deal is finished. Hopefully that will be this summer and we can get the food and facilities brought up to the required standard.

I wonder if we will bring in street food vendors as we continue to expand our fanzone area.

The tea bars look virtually the same as when I worked in them and I’m talking when we had Gazza and Laudrup in the team. The food on offer is shocking as well, was at a game last year in the Broomie and they had run out of pies. This was at the start of HT!

The club has no say on this.

Elior run our catering and the club make no profits spent at the kiosks.

We’re as well as boycotting it until the contract with them runs out.

Really interested to hear how this contract is structured. For example do elior pay rangers a fixed fee every month and they then take all the takings from the kiosks?

Is there anything to stop the club having official food and drink outlets outside the ground when the catering contract changes?

Instead of fans giving money to random burger vans before we get into the stadium, you could be giving more money to rangers.

As said on here, the food contract is due up soon.

I am trying to convince the director of the catering division of the company I work for to bid for this when it comes up. (I want to do free visits to Ibrox)

Price, quality of lack of debit card options seem to be key failures just now? What else?

Currently restricted choice in what you can get. Larger menu is a biggy

Is there anything to stop the club having official food and drink outlets outside the ground when the catering contract changes?

Instead of fans giving money to random burger vans before we get into the stadium, you could be giving more money to rangers.
Don't think there's anything to stop them, and I would hope the matchday experience as a whole gets reviewed.

Should also stay open after the game in case fans want something before the subway/bus home

I think the pies are alright, get one most games.

I'll respectfully disagree. First one in a couple of years on Friday night. £2.70 for the greasiest mess I've ever seen referred to as food. Two bites and it was in the bin.

The whole catering desperately needs dragged into the 21st century.

I only ever use them for a bovril if its cold. Only slight plus side is its the only reason i will carry cash, so end up buying lucky stars

They’re terrible when you compare them to what you get at Hamilton, Killie even Livingston.

And they’re about half the price.
The best pie I've ever had at a game was at Beith Juniors ground. The Killie pie is overrated when we play them as they can't keep up with the size of our support.

Ideally I’d love to see the likes of a Greggs take it over from next season.

I’d imagine it’d be very doable for them without too much cash needing spent.

Ideally I’d love to see the likes of a Greggs take it over from next season.

I’d imagine it’d be very doable for them without too much cash needing spent.
Greggs wouldn't come in an open an outlet that's only open every other Saturday

Accepting contactless payments really should be a given nowadays. Simple and far quicker. Last time I bought something I noticed the tills were falling to pieces and looked about 20 years old. Embarrassing for a club of our stature and size.

Back