Warburton's Last Selection for Rangers

Was his last game the debacle at Tynecastle?

That was the Wednesday before. Took off Hyndman off when he was our best player and said that we "had a responsibilty to Bournemouth and protect their asset"

Drew 1-1 with Ross County on the Saturday and we were booed off the park. The following Friday Warburton was gone.

To this day I have no idea how we paid £1.8m for Joe Garner. He was everything Warburton didn't want in a footballer. The dud couldn't even strike a ball cleanly.

Just watching the game v Leeds and was wondering what his last eleven was like for us

Wes
Tav
Senderos
Hill
Wallace
Holt
Hyndman
Torral
Miller
Garner
McKay

I think only Tav can really say he got better although Clint Hill, Senderos and Kenny Miller were coming to the end .
FFS NL, could you not have issued a health warning before posting that? :eek: :)

Jason Holt deserves nothing but respect from our supporters. He’s a long way off the level we have now but he gave us everything every time he pulled on the strip. In the Championship he was very good but lacked the physicality to be anything other than a tidy mid to lower Premier League midfielder. In my view he was a positive contributor to our recovery.

spot on bud

Scary the difference. It really just shows the difference that has been made over the last 18 months since Gerrard came in. We owe a lot to both him and Mark Allen.

Now if someone could post Pedro's last team.

Our wage bill now is 20m more than it was then. Our ability to spend more has had a wee impact on the improvement in our squad in recent seasons....

seeing that team is the very reason ‘broony’ is still at the tramps. guys like him, griffiths, lustig, rogic looked like superstars against that dross.

Just watching the game v Leeds and was wondering what his last eleven was like for us

Wes
Tav
Senderos
Hill
Wallace
Holt
Hyndman
Torral
Miller
Garner
McKay

I think only Tav can really say he got better although Clint Hill, Senderos and Kenny Miller were coming to the end .

Foderingham and Tavernier have more than justified being brought to the club.

His other signings were pretty much miss, even the championship ones, that season was nowhere near as successful as it should have been and that is down to poor transfers.

In his first season, it genuinely felt like we were back. Something happened after the cup final and he lost the utter plot.

In his first season, it genuinely felt like we were back. Something happened after the cup final and he lost the utter plot.
In the second half of the championship season we played well against Dundee and Celtic in the cup. The cup final defeat could be seen coming a mile away. I wanted him gone at the final whistle. Didnt beat any of our rivals that year away from home.

Always struggled to see what anyone saw in Garner, guy behind me used to rave about him, couldn't believe we were watching the same guy.

Always struggled to see what anyone saw in Garner, guy behind me used to rave about him, couldn't believe we were watching the same guy.
He was committed - to winning fouls.
Spent most of the game on his arse and winding up centre halves.
I remember endless debates about how we weren't playing to his strengths.

It’s a real straightener to see that line up.
Despite some of his utterances trying to say he got it, I don’t think he ever did.
Either that or he and his cronies genuinely can’t spot a decent player.

Clearly we’ve came a long way since that team in all areas but that midfield to our current midfield is light years apart. We’re at a point now where we could put out two 11s that would better that, things are good - just need a trophy to finish it all off

Slightly OT:

Barrie McKay and Josh Windass are not in their respective squads for Swansea v 2nd bottom Wigan.

I don't know if either are injured.

Garner and Naismith start with Lewis MacLeod on the bench.

Very few leave Ibrox for greener pastures.

Naismith has been playing centre half recently and has made a decent career for himself

It is frightening how poor that line up is compared to today. Tav has improved 10 fold and Wes is decent back up. Other than that we have made massive improvements to the team.

How can anyone look at senderos and think ye, I’ll buy him

He would’ve looked out of place in the Stranraer back 5 on Friday ffs

It was never in any doubt that the club would progress on and off the pitch with the massive support behind them . Just how far is truly remarkable and testament to everyone who played their part .
Who would ever have believed that Steven Gerrard would be here leading us ever closer to 55...

Wes
Tav
Senderos
Hill
Wallace
Holt
Hyndman
Torral
Miller
Garner
McKay

So glad to see how far we have came. Never a rangers team.

Wes
Tav
Senderos
Hill
Wallace
Holt
Hyndman
Torral
Miller
Garner
McKay

Are Wes and Tav the only Warburton signings left?

Wes
Tav
Senderos
Hill
Wallace
Holt
Hyndman
Torral
Miller
Garner
McKay

That’s not a great read.

Just shows how far we’ve come in the last 18
Months under Gerrard. Even after warburton we were replacing dross with dross. Not now.

Back