Cash only at Ibrox

Buskers in the city centre can take cards, it beggars belief that we still can't.

It’s mad you still can’t use card payments. If cost is the issue for the operators then it’s not like they need it at every till, have some tills cash and some contactless so at least you have the option for people.

Would it be Rangers or the catering company who would need to pay to have them installed?

Need to try to bring catering and payments up to date, make it easier for punters to spend their money, always make sure I have exact money for my bovril and pie, usually get up to my seat in plenty of time so avoid huge queues normally, could definitely make things a lot slicker.

I remember going to Ajax and the only way you could buy anything was with a prepaid Ajax card that you had to buy from Ajax themselves, this is something the club should be looking at

Remember that as well and that was 24 years ago.

They must be losing out on loads of money with the cash only system, both in terms of queue time and people not using as the don’t have cash in their wallet.

by food stalls do you mean those little boxes that sell inedible rubbish at extortionate prices

Was at Dortmund v Gladbach game in Germany and queued for 10 minutes to buy a smart card to enable me to buy food and beers. Internet was down or whatever so guy said sorry no can do.
Be careful what you wish for...

They must be missing out on some amount of sales as well. People who don't have any cash on them and people who see the size of the queue and don't bother. Would love to know the clubs official take on this.

Is it actually legal for a business to insist on cash only?
Was at Dortmund v Gladbach game in Germany and queued for 10 minutes to buy a smart card to enable me to buy food and beers. Internet was down or whatever so guy said sorry no can do.
Be careful what you wish for...
A smart card would make it Evan worse if you need to put money in them

Must be part of the next phase of internal improvements. Your season card should be allowed to be loaded with funds, or linked to your account for CCCS and taken from it.

With the Elior contract expiring at the end of the season could the club not look at taking the catering in house and making their own improvements, or would it not be cost effective in the long run?

Shocking state of affairs that we don’t have the ability to pay contactless. Our catering is so far behind the times it’s unreal. Can’t wait til it’s sorted out!

My local closed and now re-opened as cash only. A self defeating, incredibly naive move in this day and age. Ditto for Rangers catering co.

Signal is terrible at Ibrox. As far as I’m aware these machines need to have reception to work, alternatively they could be hardwired in but that would be at a cost these shitty catering companies aren’t prepared to spent.

Hopefully we are putting out the contract to tender after this one ends.

Also would like us to make the concourse area larger by extending to the bits underneath the Copland, SJ and Broomloan. Understand it would cause issues relocating peoples bricks, but a larger concourse could give us scope for better catering and other facilities inside perhaps.

A midweek game I sometimes have to rush in to make kickoff after work so arrive hungry. Discovered that the kiosks don't take card when I tried (grudgingly) to spend £7 or whatever it is for a pie and a coffee. Mental that I couldn't part with my money.

By contrast went to American football in the MetLife stadium and there were kiosks all's round the concourse with different themes, beers on sale, snacks in the stands. The event started hours before the game. Wild the way we run an event. It's like we don't want to make money. Even for one off tickets, bought basketball at Madison Square Garden which were just emailed, you and scanned a code on the way in so no postage or pickups to worry about. With Rangers? Go and pick a ticket up in a portacabin after a long wait and pray you don't miss kick off.

We can do better off the park, I hope these things are all being addressed as I appreciate there were deals made which we have been stuck with.

It’s mad you still can’t use card payments. If cost is the issue for the operators then it’s not like they need it at every till, have some tills cash and some contactless so at least you have the option for people.

It doesn't cost a lot. Especially when you consider they know they will have the use of them the whole season and for multiple years. They also are not fixed terminals canbe taken away to other contracts they have. It is pathetic!

Crazy why any business in this day and age don't introduce alternative payment options. Even the local bowling club offers contactless.

The catering is stuck in the 80s. Ajax had top-up cards back in 1999 and we are still using cash over 20 years on. :rolleyes: The Ticket “Office” is also another huge riddy with it being a portacabin...

Reactions: 8-1
Don’t bother with the food at Ibrox unless I’ve been at the pub early and need something to soak some of the bevy up with.

They paid us a lump sum in 2011 to be caterers for 9 years. So it should run out this summer.

The club basically said right give us your money and you have free reign on what you do. I think that’s why they overprice everything because they’re trying to recoup what they’ve lost. But the cash only tills is a bit suspect.
I really hope we learn from this. It’s absolutely disgraceful the pricing and the quality is shite whether that be the food or service. Young folk with little to no training thrown into the deep end. It’s frustrating but I blame whoever their managers are.

I was watching a shirt thing on spurs new stadium and how they want the supporter to have more time in the stadium, rather than just appear ten mins before kick off then leave they want them to be there for a couple of hours and have top notch catering etc and it’s working, more of a fan experience maybe something we could look into obviously not on that scale but it can’t be that hard
The key thing is that they can sell alcohol, folk here just head to the pub prematch because there’s little to nothing to do except a car park “fan zone”.

Back