That was a grind

Maybe if Barker and Ojo were born on Copland rd and were "one of us" they would be cut more slack.
I agree they are and have been rotten but we need to be honest about others too, namely Halliday and now I have said before I hope he hangs about and gets a medal but he is a horrific footballer if I am going to be honest.

Barker has shown he isn’t good enough. If pace is your only asset then you’ll struggle with us as teams usually sit deep and leave you nowhere to run into. Need to be creative as well and that’s where he fails

Maybe if Barker and Ojo were born on Copland rd and were "one of us" they would be cut more slack.
I agree they are and have been rotten but we need to be honest about others too, namely Halliday and now I have said before I hope he hangs about and gets a medal but he is a horrific footballer if I am going to be honest.
As it stands, Halliday is our best bet stand in for Borna. Until we get better cover in it's good to have him around. Flanagan showed he was reasonable for a wee while at LB (if shite going forward), but that was fleeting & he's looked like a lump of wood since.

I wasn't keen on Halliday coming back but I'll hold my hands up & admit I was wrong as he's done a job when called on.

As it stands, Halliday is our best bet stand in for Borna. Until we get better cover in it's good to have him around. Flanagan showed he was reasonable for a wee while at LB (if shite going forward), but that was fleeting & he's looked like a lump of wood since.

I wasn't keen on Halliday coming back but I'll hold my hands up & admit I was wrong as he's done a job when called on.

I don't know mate, maybe just me, I was like you previously but on Friday while we were all slating (correctly) Barker, Ojo and Jones I felt Halliday was getting a free ride and quite frankly he wouldn't have looked out of place in the opposition team.
As you say probably best replacement we have for now but that in itself is a worry. Look, nothing really to judge on Friday but it maybe shows how light we are on cover in certain positions.

Hard to judget the players who are brought in to stretch teams when we play on the break so I wouldnt be too harsh on Barker/Ojo/Jones as its just not their type of match.

If anything it highlighted that in games where teams sit in at Ibrox we need more power and height in the middle to front area. Morelos makes a massive difference in games like that as he is incredibly strong and bullies defenders. Shame Greg Stewart was injured as he would have thrived in that game. Defoe needed a partner.

Barker even looks awful playing against this standard.

Ryan Stevenson has been enjoying his grub lately.

Patterson did his self no harm. Decent performance, got up and down the flank. Not much to do defensively.

Game forgotten. Job done and in to the next round.

felt Patterson should of been given MOTM for his debut. Sponsors must of wanted to meet Davis!

I was disappointed in Jones, although he is not match fit, I thought he would have been a bit more direct. Kept moving across the pitch rather than forward.

Barker had 3/4 attempts to go past the foul back and failed miserably each time. Looked more like it was what was expected of him rather than what he was comfortable with. Might be a confidence thing, but if you dont have that against Stranraer then not sure when

Back