Should Barker get punted before the window closes?

Such a strange signing. He didn’t show anything prior to us signing him that suggested he would be good enough for us and certainly hasn’t done anything since signing to suggest otherwise. Just a strange signing all round.

Strange signing but would be even stranger if we kept him and got rid of Jones. Baffling signing.

I am very much one for giving players a bit of time to see how they can get on with more time. Barasic being an example of what can happen when we're patient. However, with Barker we've already seen him in the league for other teams and there wasn't all that much to his game then and he's not really showing much in any game he's had with us since joining. He's had a couple of good games (maybe one actually).

The gaffer perhaps sees something in him that we don't. However, there are other players I'd rather we focussed our time of getting time on the pitch. Stewart hasn't played badly in just about every game he's played and he's pitched in with goals and can't get on - that doesn't make sense.

I would move Barker on if we could. Although, if Jones is on his way out as well we're getting a little thin on the wings.

He was never good enough. Too old to be a development signing and not good enough to get enough minutes

There's absolutely no benefit to keeping him around.

Hastie or Middldton should have had his spot in the squad this season

Nothing against the lad but he just isn't good enough.
As others have said maybe the gaffer and his staff think over time he'll improve.

Such a strange signing. Would rather Hastie back tbh. Give him a chance and see what he’s got.
Hastie actually offers something different too, he's big, powerful and can finish.

Barker and Jones are both incredibly one dimensional

We would need to have someone else to bring in as a replacement. Squad would be thin on the wings.
It already is, we play Kent and one of Aribo or Arfield.

Big area to invest in come the summer imo, I'd ideally bring someone in now regardless of outgoings.

He has looked very poor so far, let him prove himself with the development squad first.

Feel Murphy would have be a been a better back up option

looks like the weight of the world on his shoulders,stage fright, maybe one that the jersey weighs too heavy. not sure he can turn it round.

I’d punt him. Shown nothing. Doesn’t look arsed half the time.

One thing I’ve noticed from the training videos is he never looks like he’s getting banter with any of the players. Cuts about himself looking at the sky

The ball looks as though it is alien to him when he has it and needs space to run into. Not good for our formation and how we play I’m afraid...

I was baffled when we signed him and I'll be baffled if he lasts beyond the summer. I don't think it's a confidence thing - like it was with Barisic - he's just not very good.

He’s never a Rangers player, doesn’t offer us anything we don’t already have. Was a weird signing, never really shown much before coming here

If selling him means we can bring in someone new then I’d definitely get rid. I don’t think he was a Gerrard signing and more a Mark Allan signing

Was shocking on Friday and has offered very little. I hope it was his last chance after the managers training camp comment.

Yes, I'm a big believer if they aren't providing at the moment we nened to re-coup and bring down the wage bill.

Back