Should Barker get punted before the window closes?

Yes, he just hasn't offered anything or even shown any glimpses to give us any encouragement so far. It may well be the case that he is trying too hard, or terrified as someone else suggested, but he has had enough opportunities now.

Had (slightly) high hopes for Barker as he seemed to be a danger while at hibs, albeit his numbers weren't great - much like Kent's last season tbf. But he's not even came close to doing it in a Rangers jersey and looks like a lost wee boy. We're not in a position to persist with him or carry passengers going into the next run of games. The title race is on and he's nowhere near the quality required - even as back up. Kai Kennedy looks a better prospect.

With his speed and with Borna behind him, maybe that's what SG had in mind when he was signed. I would give him some games with Borna and see how he shapes up
before punting him. Maybe St.Boo and Hearts?

In a heartbeat. Don't particularly like slating our players but there is no denying that he's pretty woeful.

Has offered very little when given a chance so I'd have no problem if he went.
Surely Middleton or even Hastie deserve a chance to replace him..

Barker simply can't be a better option than one of our youngsters. Don't think I've ever seen him beat a man and he looked even worse than Dalcio the other night.

I am still hoping our coaching staff can get him there - remember watching him against us for Hivs and was impressed

I accept he has been disappointing so far but I don't understand the level of criticism on here . I guess he is the latest figure for the write him off brigade

Can't imagine too many will be replying that they've seen anything from him so far

Additionally, he's barely done anything prior to joining us either so it's not as though there's a proven pedigree

Financially I think the deal was low risk but it still just hasn’t worked out at all, guy was very well suited to Preston North End. We need to resist the urge to go for cheap punts at times.

He's been terrible so far, so ideally we'd be able to get rid. Can't see anyone wanting to pay the wages we're undoubtedly paying him.

He's not impressed on the pitch so far but coaching staff must see something in him to give him so many chances.

Did Mark Hateley get 3 months then punted

Have you all got reusable Borna Barisic pitchforks ??

Both him and Jordan Jones should absolutely not be punted just now.

Yes I don’t think he’s anywhere near good enough I’d rather see Kennedy / Middleton than barker personally.

Don't see what he brings to the team, he was dreadful against Stranraer...
rbnojG6.gif

Never really understood the signing, remember him for HIV’s having bags of pace but not much else. Came on against us a couple of seasons ago and his finishing was rank rotten.

Depends what wages he is on but from the evidence we've seen so far he seems like an average squad player at best. Wouldn't be disappointed to see him moving on if it freed up wages and a spot for academy graduates. Would also be happy if he "did a Borna" and developed into a player for us.

When he was playing for Hivs wasn’t he on the left and cutting in on his right foot? Maybe he’s just not as comfortable on the right or us?

Yes.

Barker and Ojo give me the fear we need other options coming off the bench.

I'm all for giving folk a chance but I feel Stewart and Jones bring more to the team than Barker so he's way down on my pecking order

He's been disappointing so far and I can't really see what he offers that is better than Jones, Middleton etc. But I think Beale has a soft spot for him and I think it's unlikely that he will leave in this window.

He's not really contributed any more than Grezda did last season. I think he'll stay until the end of the season but I'm not confident that he'll improve by much.

Back