Nathan Patterson - Start on Wednesday?

Craig Skinner

Official Ticketer
Way I see it if he does start on Wednesday (I think he should) then he'll start on Sunday at Tynecastle as well. If he fancies flanagan for Sunday needs game time in his legs.

I can't see any reason why he wouldn't start on Wednesday, he seems to offer more going forward than Flanagan and Polster hasn't impressed SG.

If Flanagan is to start on Sunday, which I feel he might, he should be given some game time tomorrow to get the rust off.

Patterson deserves it though, so who knows.

He should start the experienced players will keep him right his attacking ability is what we play with Tav Flanagan will hold us back n give the ball away

I’d like it to be Patterson.
We just need to be strong in front and beside him and make sure his area isn’t targeted.
Totally trust him going forward though.
Tynecastle though, might be a bit different at this stage.

Playing Patterson in league games would give him the boost he needs to kick on in his career.

I'd start him against St Mirren and then see how he does before deciding on the Hearts game.

If you can't start him at home against one of the worst teams in the league, when can you start him?

I hope Patterson plays both games, we should be making Hearts worry about their team not whether we play a young boy or not.

Hopefully he'll keep his place for both games. Done well in both games he's played albeit against shite opposition.

Back him in. Definitely play him on Wednesday and as long as he does ok he keeps his place for Tynecastle.

Well we might find out tomorrow cos the development team play Partick Thistle in the Glasgow Cup so if he's picked for that then it's a no.

The boy's looked capable. See how he does on Wednesday & if he does well then I wouldn't be against him starting at all. Flanagan's always been crap going forward & was terrible defensively the last time he had a showing. As it stands, Patterson all day long.

The boy's looked capable. See how he does on Wednesday & if he does well then I wouldn't be against him starting at all. Flanagan's always been crap going forward & was terrible defensively the last time he had a showing. As it stands, Patterson all day long.

Exactly my thoughts. If we had a like for like experienced player then different story all together. However, Flanagan changes our team quite drastically.

Yes he should play. Hearts play a 17 year old at left back. If we can't shepherd one teenager through a game that's a sad thing. He offers balance and energy going forward that Flanagan doesn't. Polster is miles out of the loop and didn't even have a training camp so it won't be him.

It's even more important that our right back gets forward because Aribo doesn't have natural wing play and crossing in his locker. Barisic and Kent both do on the other side. We need Patterson overlapping

he recovered the ball well the other night. start him vs Hearts and the gaffer should tell him to get the basics right and defend and see how the game pans out.

I think he’ll play the next two games. Gerrard likes players who step up and grab their chance. He had a good game on Friday so deserves to stay in the team.

I think we have to start him on Wednesday, offers more going forward.

If he plays well he keeps his place for the weekend.

I want to see him against st mirren. Depending how he plays I’d play him Saturday too. Even give him 60 mins on Wednesday with Flanagan getting half an hour to get some minutes before the hearts game if he wants experience for hearts

Flanagan for me, if it wasn’t straight after the winter break and we had had a few games then Patterson.
Flanagan won’t give us the forward play but it will possibly move Jack a bit further forward as he won’t fill in for Tav bombing forward.

Yes 100%, Flanagan offers little forward. This is his chance and he has done nothing to lose the jersey so far.

If folk on here aren’t willing to accept the integration of academy players then you’re effectively saying it should be scrapped.

Yes 100%, Flanagan offers little forward. This is his chance and he has done nothing to lose the jersey so far.

If folk on here aren’t willing to accept the integration of academy players then you’re effectively saying it should be scrapped.
Integration yes, as in subs when a games won or against the Stranraers in the cups.

I certainly won’t complain if Patterson does start though, I trust the management team to know better than me.

Back