Club statement on SFA charges

I'd imagine it'll be after Wednesday's game as they don't want to disrupt any preparations, but that wouldn't really tie in with the original statement's timelines...

Oh I totally agree, but they for some reason seem to carry a bit of weight with UEFA, you just need to look at all the bloody times they have been fined yet we sing a song and get part of a stand closed. They just seem to be protected by all the associations yet it is open season against us and we seem to always just bend over and take it.

It shouldn’t be beyond the wit of Rangers to frame statemts in a manner that get the message across without falling foul of SFA / SPFL rules.

I may be wrong here but does UEFA not look kindly on clubs going to war with there home associations, could this maybe be why we are always doing the softly, softly approach? Don't want to be seen as rocking the boat, and no I am not saying I agree with this, just looking to offer a reason?
Is it not when teams go outwith the football system when taking court action against their FA that UEFA comes down on clubs like a ton of bricks ?

Is it not when teams go outwith the football system when taking court action against their FA that UEFA comes down on clubs like a ton of bricks ?

yes, correct, that's a losing route. Not sure if Court of Abitration for Sport is a potential route (without the downside)

I would hope that Rangers are working in the background to nails these pricks. Would much prefer a statement telling us what they've done and how they've handled it

Maybe we need a statement to clarify when the follow up statement to the weekend statement will happen.

Looks like the usual initial response before slinking off and quietly accepting the shafting.

Hope I'm wrong on this and something is happening in the background.

My biggest gripe with the board (there aren't many tbf) is the dignified silence tactic. Hope they follow through with what they said last week

I can’t imagine for one moment it will be until after tomorrow’s game. One of the complaints by the Club was that it was raised just before the Cup game and became a distraction.

Can only hope the length of time it’s taking to come out means it’s going to be lengthy and hard hitting

The statement, when it’s eventually released, will have to be hard hitting and to the point.
You get the feeling the longer it goes on the impact that’s required will be diluted.

The thing is the SFA/La well won’t give a flying fuk about statements, we need to do what they do, get lawyered up and frighten them out their wee comfort zone, get the gloves off, its worked well for the rats over the years.

How long does it take to release a statement. As has been said the longer it goes the less impact it will have.
It depends on the content of any future statement. It doesn’t matter, to me, if the statement is tonight, tomorrow or next week. What is important is that if the Club have decided enough is enough, the statement hits the proverbial nail on the head.

It depends on the content of any future statement. It doesn’t matter, to me, if the statement is tonight, tomorrow or next week. What is important is that if the Club have decided enough is enough, the statement hits the proverbial nail on the head.

And given our record do you honestly believe that will happen?
I've long since given up hope on that front.

Our club have came out and stated that Rangers are refereed to a different standard, meaning the referee in the OF game was more lenient/beneficial towards Celtic. So what do the authorities do? Let said official referee this weekend's Celtic game.

fucking unbelievable!!

Back