Stadium more than half empty at 84 minutes

Personally I find this to be a source of embarrassment for the club. For some people it’s almost as though having to support rangers is an inconvenient chore which gets in the way of their life.
This is the way I see it for many.

It’s just an excuse on trying to justify it. As I’ve said prior thousands of other fans would bite your hand off for a season ticket especially the one you use to leave the ground 10 minutes before the end. If you can’t stay until 90 minutes just stay at home as there are plenty of fans who would take your season ticket.
I always leave full time but if it goes into extra time majority of the time I haven’t been able to stay because of our bus... does that mean I should give my season ticket up?

Yes they did. But was it to do with the play on the field or because folk left early? In fact, no point in answering as we all know it was to do with the play on the field.

This thread is a cringe as you and one or 2 others are like kids 'but why......but why.....'

If you haven't 'got it' that people will leave early for a multitude of reasons, that are bugger all to do with anyone and that you don't have to agree with, then you never will.

Spot on. We usually stay till the end but, left on 85 last night. I'm not going to explain to the multitude of self entitled Super Fans on here why we did, nor do I give a shit what they think about it.

As an aside, The 'I'm a better Rangers fan than you' shouts is nothing new but, it really seems to have gathered pace the past couple of seasons. Suppose it means we are back where we belong that folk are noticing and complaining about the little things again :)

I always leave full time but if it goes into extra time majority of the time I haven’t been able to stay because of our bus... does that mean I should give my season ticket up?
This is the problem here with the "super duper" fans.They can do no wrong.
I've been going to Ibrox now for 67 years and have never left early but what I've had to do, depending on the weather,is miss some mid week games.
It's beneficial to my health not to get soaked standing in a subway queue.
Should I not renew next season?
You see it in here in various threads.
Don't want to move seats for safe standing?- Don't come back.
Don't want to change the song book?- Get lost we don't need your type.
Ironically,I was probably like that in my younger years but would never have thought any fellow fan was less a supporter than me if they didn't agree with me.
Supporters have been arriving late and leaving early for years.
It's not going to stop any time soon.

It's embarrassing when our manager has to highlight it before games.

Easily embarrased then. The support our club has is unrivalled in this country. Embarassing would be banners covering stands where tickets haven't been sold. If fans chose to leave early then so what.

Your attitude is everything that's wrong. What are you expecting from rangers? Hammering every team they play that's not in the top half of the league? If winning games doesn't seem to be enough, then I'd say gerrard does have problems,not with the team, the support.

Following Rangers is more than just entertainment,its a way of life. Comparing rangers to going to a concert or a film is ridiculous. If I go to see a group and it turns out pish, it wont ruin my week ahead. Rangers losing,especially to them, certainly does.

If your going to the football looking for first class entertainment every time, then maybe it's not the place for you.
My attitude is everything that’s wrong, oh the irony from someone who tells people their opinion is wrong if it doesn’t agree with yours.
Football is about entertainment, well it’s suppose to be, so please spare me your pish cliches.
I don’t actually think most sensible people are expecting 5-0 score lines every week but games like last night deserve criticism, it was pedestrian to say the least.

My attitude is everything that’s wrong, oh the irony from someone who tells people their opinion is wrong if it doesn’t agree with yours.
Football is about entertainment, well it’s suppose to be, so please spare me your pish cliches.
I don’t actually think most sensible people are expecting 5-0 score lines every week but games like last night deserve criticism, it was pedestrian to say the least.
I just find it amazing they can get so much criticism after the heroics at parkhead.

If we had beaten Celtic last night playing like that, no one would have been moaning about the performance. In fact this place would be jumping today and if anyone dared question the way the played, they would be chased.

I couldn't give a damn how rangers get over the line and if they play like that for the rest of the season,but do enough to win the league, I certainly wont be bothering about the entertainment value.

This is the problem here with the "super duper" fans.They can do no wrong.
I've been going to Ibrox now for 67 years and have never left early but what I've had to do, depending on the weather,is miss some mid week games.
It's beneficial to my health not to get soaked standing in a subway queue.
Should I not renew next season?
You see it in here in various threads.
Don't want to move seats for safe standing?- Don't come back.
Don't want to change the song book?- Get lost we don't need your type.
Ironically,I was probably like that in my younger years but would never have thought any fellow fan was less a supporter than me if they didn't agree with me.
Supporters have been arriving late and leaving early for years.
It's not going to stop any time soon.
I could not agree with you more. Well said.

I left on 75, explained earlier in the thread, if we hadn't bothered going then 5 seats would have been empty for 90 minutes.
..Would you go to the movies or a concert and leave 15 mins before the end ?...What if St Mirren had scored in 78 mins (which could easily have happened) and we have only say about 15/20,000 in the stadium trying to lift the team to get the winner ?...I think the players would would get a lift with an almost full stadium roaring them on rather than an a half full stadium.

Pish. My dad’s been going to Ibrox for six decades and you would see him lose his season ticket.
And the reason he leaves early is because since his cancer he’s not as mobile as he used to be and some wee fanny called him a “ stupid old dick” for taking his time on the stairs and holding him up. Thanks for making him feel like even more of an inconvenience.

obviously situations like your dad are also forgivable. Totally understand that as well.

my point being is there are people who have good reason to leave early, maybe most games, certainly occasionally. But you cannot tell me that the 15-20,000 fans who would have left long before 90 mins most weeks have legitimate reasons.

I still think most people leave early purely to get to subway first, or be at front of the queue for a pint, or maybe even just bored of game etc.. Sh.yte reasons for leaving early and that’s who I aim my comments at.

As for your dads reason, just a thought, but rather than leave early he could also wait 5 mins after to let crowds die down. Plenty of people do that also, and means he might not miss any last minute winners

No that’s your bus’ problem.

A problem that nik and many others can’t help. Myself included.

I’ve been a season ticket holder now for 18 years, could count on the one hand the number of home games ive missed. I go to away games when I can in Scotland and Europe. That’s me travelling from NI. If I decide to leave early for whatever reasons it’s no ones business but my own.

So many “super fans” on here. I won’t be giving my season ticket up for anyone and if I have to leave early or decide to leave early that’s up to myself

I just find it amazing they can get so much criticism after the heroics at parkhead.

If we had beaten Celtic last night playing like that, no one would have been moaning about the performance. In fact this place would be jumping today and if anyone dared question the way the played, they would be chased.

I couldn't give a damn how rangers get over the line and if they play like that for the rest of the season,but do enough to win the league, I certainly wont be bothering about the entertainment value.
Aye great that’s your opinion and your entitled to it because unlike you and a few other self righteous people on here your allowed it but at the end of the day your opinion is just that, an opinion.

obviously situations like your dad are also forgivable. Totally understand that as well.

my point being is there are people who have good reason to leave early, maybe most games, certainly occasionally. But you cannot tell me that the 15-20,000 fans who would have left long before 90 mins most weeks have legitimate reasons.

I still think most people leave early purely to get to subway first, or be at front of the queue for a pint, or maybe even just bored of game etc.. Sh.yte reasons for leaving early and that’s who I aim my comments at.

As for your dads reason, just a thought, but rather than leave early he could also wait 5 mins after to let crowds die down. Plenty of people do that also, and means he might not miss any last minute winners

He does this if he's with someone or getting a lift. But on his own, I think his confidence is just shot after that boy having a go at him. He just worries that he'll cause a problem. He's in his 80s now and you know what the old ones are like. He says he's not disabled enough for the disabled section but he needs to go up or down the stairs sideways holding on with both hands sometimes.

And that's why I hate this sniding at folk leaving early, people dont know if a supporter is leaving for a genuine reason or to go to the pub. People can go when they like. In an ideal world yes people will stay but it's up to them if they dont. A better transport system where bears didn't need to queue for the subway would maybe help.

I think rather than slagging folk we should be praising our support that come from NI, Campeltown, Inverness etc without fail. The NI bears did amazing work with RTID campaign now they should give up their season ticket because their bus has to catch a ferry? I wonder how many of the "stay til 90 minutes" mob would if they had a four hour journey ahead of them every week sometimes twice a week.

Last edited:
I'd hazard a guess that 90% of regular attenders at Ibrox:

- Don't have a medical issue that means they need to leave early
- Don't have school in the morning (or on a Saturday evening)
- Are not about to start a night shift after the game
- Live within a 30 mile radius of the stadium
- Wouldn't leave early if we were 1-0 up against the mentally challengeds

So why we regularly see approx 15k-20k leave well before the final whistle is beyond me.

He does this if he's with someone or getting a lift. But on his own, I think his confidence is just shot after that boy having a go at him. He just worries that he'll cause a problem. He's in his 80s now and you know what the old ones are like. He says he's not disabled enough for the disabled section but he needs to go up or down the stairs sideways holding on with both hands sometimes.

And that's why I hate this sniding at folk leaving early, people dont know if a supporter is leaving for a genuine reason or to go to the pub. People can go when they like. In an ideal world yes people will stay but it's up to them if they dont. A better transport system where bears didn't need to queue for the subway would maybe help.

I think rather than slagging folk we should be praising our support that come from NI, Campeltowwn, Inverness etc without fail. I wonder how many of the "stay til 90 minutes" mob would if they had a four hour journey ahead of them every week sometimes twice a week.

Please tell your old man not to let a wee scrote like that annoy him

I’m not sure where your dad sits but if he’s up in one of the rear stands and If anytime your dad doesn’t feel fit enough to climb the stairs I’m more than happy to swap tickets with him for that certain match as I sit in BF and not to to many stairs to climb. Offer stands for any match if he’s struggling with stairs where he sits.

Please tell your old man not to let a wee scrote like that annoy him

I’m not sure where your dad sits but if he’s up in one of the rear stands and If anytime your dad doesn’t feel fit enough to climb the stairs I’m more than happy to swap tickets with him for that certain match as I sit in BF and not to to many stairs to climb. Offer stands for any match if he’s struggling with stairs where he sits.

Thanks that's kind of you, he's in the main stand. I've got him a lift arranged for Saturdays now so hopefully things will be easier for him. I think it wasn't so much what the lad said more that he was on his own and just misses my husband, tbh. He used to sit beside him.

If you can’t stay for 90 then don’t bother, plenty who will. You are a disappointment if you leave. Why? Would you leave a wedding 10 minutes early?

What a load of shite :rolleyes:
I've left early for work reasons, ive left to catch a flight, I also left early when the poets were pumping us- the 5-1 game.
We buy 3 ST's on the continuous scheme- used to be 4 in the Govan Rear, so not exactly cheap.
Sorry if me & my family are a disappointment to you but it will be a cold day in hell before we take lessons on what we should do from someone so fcuking sanctimonious :)
ps; have left plenty of weddings early:)shite analogy to use:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks that's kind of you, he's in the main stand. I've got him a lift arranged for Saturdays now so hopefully things will be easier for him. I think it wasn't so much what the lad said more that he was on his own and just misses my husband, tbh. He used to sit beside him.

God bless him. As I said earlier hope he enjoys his trips to Ibrox for many more years to come :)

Pretty sure it is the same everywhere in Scotland ours is noticed more because the ground is packed week in week out at the start

What a load of shite :rolleyes:
I've left early for work reasons, ive left to catch a flight, I also left early when the poets were pumping us- the 5-1 game.
We buy 3 ST's on the continuous scheme- used to be 4 in the Govan Rear, so not exactly cheap.
Sorry if me & my famiy are a disappointment to you but it will be a cold day in hell before we take lessons on what we should do from someone so fcuking sanctimonious :)
ps; have left plenty of weddings early:)shite analogy to use:rolleyes:
A problem that nik and many others can’t help. Myself included.

I’ve been a season ticket holder now for 18 years, could count on the one hand the number of home games ive missed. I go to away games when I can in Scotland and Europe. That’s me travelling from NI. If I decide to leave early for whatever reasons it’s no ones business but my own.

So many “super fans” on here. I won’t be giving my season ticket up for anyone and if I have to leave early or decide to leave early that’s up to myself
None of you need to explain your reasons to anyone.

ive never understood people leaving early
but each to their own
you might miss the best ever goal scored at Ibrox because you left early
it doesnt make sense to me

Years and years ago I had to leave early to catch a bus and missed a goal. Pissed me off rotten. Only time I’ve left early since was when Celtic scored their fifth in the 1-5 game season before last.

Part of the problem is people leave early to beat the traffic, which leads to others having to leave earlier to also beat the traffic. I normally park about a mile away and my son and I are fit enough to be able run back to the car but the amount of people we pass who clearly left early is shocking!

Reactions: WBD
ive never understood people leaving early
but each to their own
you might miss the best ever goal scored at Ibrox because you left early
it doesnt make sense to me

Indeed. People who routinely leave early to beat the traffic/Subway queue/get to a pub, over the years, will miss some of the best moments of being a Rangers fan. I always feel pretty smug about that.

Here’s my idea to solve this prickly problem.
Each seat is fitted with weight sensitive electric pad, each supporter choosing to leave before full time will be blasted with huge blast of electricity.
On full time when the referee blows his whistle for full time, this cuts the electricity flowing to the seat.
I’ve refined this idea a bit because I had originally been thinking that each fan could have electrodes attached to their testicles. Anyone leaving early would be zapped but with hindsight that’s just ridiculous.
I’m an ideas man.

Be interesting to see last home game of the season when we lift 55 if all those people who leave early everyweek still go home early and miss the Trophy getting lifted as they have to catch there train ,beat the traffic etc ;)
Bet there’s more than a few that do this.

Here’s my idea to solve this prickly problem.
Each seat is fitted with weight sensitive electric pad, each supporter choosing to leave before full time will be blasted with huge blast of electricity.
On full time when the referee blows his whistle for full time, this cuts the electricity flowing to the seat.
I’ve refined this idea a bit because I had originally been thinking that each fan could have electrodes attached to their testicles. Anyone leaving early would be zapped but with hindsight that’s just ridiculous.
I’m an ideas man.
It might just work !

Is the problem people not wanting to miss supporters buses (perhaps from bitter experience), especially those sitting at the opposite side of the stadium from that at which the bus leaves from?

This is all part of a wider issue where the facilities aren't good enough, the whole experience inside the ground isn't good enough and the club doing very little to improve it.

A substantial standing section with a passionate support for 90 minutes is one way of helping. The other is the club lobbying for a better fanzone area and a change in the law to allow alcohol in stadiums.

Is the problem people not wanting to miss supporters buses (perhaps from bitter experience), especially those sitting at the opposite side of the stadium from that at which the bus leaves from?

Any supporter bus instructing members to leave early so the bus can get away sharp should be fucking embarrassed.

Always stay to the end but had to get home sharp last night so planned on leaving at 88 minutes or so to beat traffic and the usual 5/10 minute wait to get out the copland.

Got impression their head knock at 83 minutes was gonna last a while so headed then.

not a fan of leaving early but everyone had their own circumstances.

Don\t know why people are surprised this has been happening for mor than 30 years
I agree with that mate. When the ground basically became mostly season ticket, that's when it started and the atmosphere died.

I had a season ticket for the west enclosure and stayed there till the bitter end. Each game there was usually about 15 of us together and was the same thing with plenty other bears. When everyone gets split up all over the ground, it's not the same.

you pays your money you can do as you please in my eyes. would be nice if could stay til the end though if team needs that extra support. but also realise there will be folks needing to leave for whatever reason.
I stay and I end up getting caught in all the traffic and takes me couple hours to get home, if left early I'd get straight out and home within the hour.

Don\t know why people are surprised this has been happening for mor than 30 years

The season tkt for the enclosures was a neccessity after the 2-0 hateley goals in 91, so it wasn't really an issue until after that season to get the cson tkt.

I have been in the same seat since then, ok a few people have changed seats but we are one and everybody is pullin in the same direction so ye get tae know the folk around about you.

Me, I stay to the end and clap the team off. Sometimes I'll leave my seat just after the final whistle.

I just don’t know why folk bother going if they don’t want to see it through to the end. It’s possibly a bit more understanding if we’re winning 5-0, but when the game is close, it’s just bizarre.
If only 25k turned up that would be a completely different thread

Exactly mate.

People explaining themselves to folk like @HenningBerg whose crackpot idea previously was to lock everyone in and only a justifiable excuse (in his eyes) would let you out before the 90? :D

'But why.........but why.....':rolleyes:
I stay to the end but I’m on a supporters bus that waits for older guys 10/15 minutes. If I wanted to in all honesty I’d leave and go for a beer and not worry at all what anyone thought haha. And that is an insane idea

Back