Most disappointed you have ever been at the football

Manchester . Buried my mum the day before. I hoped the game might take my mind off it. The result was hard but the stuff afterwards really stuck in my craw. Took it personally as I’d just lost a parent and these idiots couldn’t behave after a match.
To this day until my clogs are popped I won’t watch any of that run. It’s honestly the trigger that I associate with that time and it’s far too raw.
Thats horrible fella, genuinley really sad story that.

Manchester and Hibs cup final. But the recent league cup final was nearly as bad as it was my 9 and 10 year olds first cup final and both left the stadium in tears. That was really hard to deal with. Luckily the 29th got them over it quick.

The journey to Manchester was incredible, lucky to get to a few games home and abroad along the way, was convinced we would win on pens.

Haven't seen a second of the game since, don't think i ever will.

The recent cup final v them was hard, but a weird feeling for me! Played them off the park, came away gutted we didnt win, but convinced this would be our season for 55

Hibs cup final. Pig sick. As soon as they equalised I knew they'd score again. I said to all and sundry afterwards that Warburton wouldn't do. Bar the games against Dundee and Celtic we were pretty dung in the second half of the season.

Then all the stuff that went on after final whistle.
Was disgusted and furious, less at the result than the final whistle nonsense, the subsequent coverage and SFA reaction remains vivid.

Will never support the national team again and a distrust of the media is absolute

Almost too many for me to say. But I think I’ll go for...

The 2006 Scottish Cup Quarter Final replay, at Dens Park, which Accies lost 3-2 after extra time - and Dundee’s winner came from a handball. If we won, we’d have played Gretna in the Semi Final, and although Dundee lost to them, I’d have fancied Accies to reach our third Scottish Cup Final in our history, and our first since 1935. Just Hearts between us and the trophy.

We actually played Dundee 7 (seven) times that season, in all competitions, and that was the only game we lost.

That‘s the best Scottish Cup run I’ve seen in my lifetime. It was a long drive home from Dundee that night.

Almost too many for me to say. But I think I’ll go for...

The 2006 Scottish Cup Quarter Final replay, at Dens Park, which Accies lost 3-2 after extra time - and Dundee’s winner came from a handball. If we won, we’d have played Gretna in the Semi Final, and although Dundee lost to them, I’d have fancied Accies to reach our third Scottish Cup Final in our history, and our first since 1935. Just Hearts between us and the trophy.

We actually played Dundee 7 (seven) times that season, in all competitions, and that was the only game we lost.

That‘s the best Scottish Cup run I’ve seen in my lifetime. It was a long drive home from Dundee that night.

Jesus 7 times and the most important game was the one you’s lost in. Sickening mate

Season 87/88, felt scunnered. As daft as it sounds, the final against Raith at Easter Road was f*ckin horrendous, couldn’t even talk about it walking to Waverley after the match.

1988 2nd leg to Steau Bucharest I know we were 2 nil down but I stood in the q for over 3 hours for tickets and they scored in 3 mins to kill the tie. I was gutted.

Dunfermline 2 - Rangers 0 Scottish Cup 1988. The Hamilton loss the year before was just a freak result but this one really hurt.

I think Manchester was much more anti-climatic than disappointing.

Mine is 1983 SC Final. It was part of my 10th Birthday present and my Dad drove him and I up from Surrey.

To my 10 year old eyes, we played Fergie's recently crowned ECWC Winners off the park and had a goal disallowed at 0-0 in ET.

I cried at the end.

Manchester for me, but took a few days to sink in. Felt immensely proud looking at our fanbase and players that night but when the booze wore off i was gutted

You might laugh , but the ramsdens cup final at Easter road , 3 stands all bears and got beat , then we had to endure karaoke gate ,then stuck in a train home. Throughly depressed .

Jesus 7 times and the most important game was the one you’s lost in. Sickening mate

I was also at the 1979/80 League Cup Semi Final at East End Park, the furthest Accies have got in any major competition since the war.

That was disappointing in a different way. I had been looking forward to going to Hampden, but the league switched it to a venue between the contestants. We didn’t really turn up, and Dundee United beat us 6-2 (although we were still competitive at 4-2).

One day, if I live that long, I hope to get a big day out at Hampden.

Manchester was disappointing but I never felt we deserved to win the game and I always knew it was going to be tough ask with the fixture congestion & against a quality side.

Scottish Cup 2016 has been mentioned a few times but I made myself feel better that night reminding myself that we were going up after 4 long, painful seasons. The Cup was just a bonus and the club was going in the right direction.

The 3-2 loss to Celtic in March 2018 was hard to take as it effectively ended our title chances and we should’ve got something in that game. Morelos missing a sitter, playing 10 men, Being ahead twice etc.

Malmo at home in 2011 losing 1-0 and then the loss to Maribor in the Europa qualifying a couple of weeks later was very deflating.

Scottish cup final in 1989, lose to them & stopping us from doing the treble was devastating at 9 years of age.

UEFA cup final was disappointing, standing in the ground post match as the players applauded the fans was painful.

League cup final this season was awful due to how much we controlled the game & it was just a numbness walking out Hampden

Kilmarnock at home, late season 1998, Tannadice last day 1998. Missed cup final as it was a abod parade.

The end of the era, Tannadice had an air of resignation, but the killie game summed up that seasons shambles.
Kilmarnock game was the first time I’d seen grown men cry , myself included . To know we would never see the legends again back at Ibrox as a team was heartbreaking

Easy for me . Cup final v Hibs. I was devastated. Had hospitality at it I bought in the auction at the POTY night the week after we beat celtic.

Flew out that morning from Belfast. Bears everywhere flying to anywhere in the mainland just to get to Manchester

I was lucky I got my flights booked cheap after the quarter final, I took a gamble and booked them
I’ve never seen anything like it, 8 of us, all family, arrived at train station from Stafford at about 12.00 where we had travelled up from Devon to stay with family, and couldn’t believe my eyes, first sainsbury we went Into for drink, all they had left was wine and some beers, EVERY other drink of any kind had been bought up

I was also at the 1979/80 League Cup Semi Final at East End Park, the furthest Accies have got in any major competition since the war.

That was disappointing in a different way. I had been looking forward to going to Hampden, but the league switched it to a venue between the contestants. We didn’t really turn up, and Dundee United beat us 6-2 (although we were still competitive at 4-2).

One day, if I live that long, I hope to get a big day out at Hampden.

Hopefully you get that dream mate. Fair play to you it can’t be easy supporting a team like Hamilton and I don’t mean that to be disrespectful.

Obviously though if it’s against us in a final hope you’s don’t win but against anyone else’s good luck lol

Uefa Cup Final for me,

The high and then the low were hard to take.

Still not over it tbh.

Think for me personally CSKA Moscow in 1993 just shades Manchester.

For the Moscow game I was only a wee kid and can still remember how absolutely gutted I was. Think coming after the madness of the run with the coming back to draw against Marseille and Nisbet’s unreal goal in Brugge and at that time I was prob just getting old enough to follow it and Rangers just WON things. Plus we BATTERED them on the night. It just hit me like a tonne of bricks.

The UEFA cup final! Although to be honest, after the semi final high and the cracking bus journey down the M6 the final itself felt a little flat; especially going a goal down. We never had it in us to get back into that game.

The cup final last month was possibly more a kick in the stones!

This season's LCF against them will hurt for a while yet, but if we manage to win the League this season then it will pale into insignificance, for both us and them.

Alot of Bears understandably going for 2008 and the UEFA Cup Final but for me it was another game that year that disappointed and deflated me the most.

The midweek game at the piggery around mid April when we lost 2-1 with a stoppage time goal. We'd lost McGregor for the rest of the season to injury earlier in that game and we knew we would be without Cuellar for the next game there a week and a half later, so when that late sickener went in I knew that we wouldn't prevail that season. We had lost the momentum and as we know now, they had the luck and the authorities on their side that season to make sure they got over the line.

Has to be the cup final this year for me. I was so wrapped up in an addiction I didn't have funds or that to attend the eufa cup final so that would be my biggest disappointment

CSKA Moscow for me too.

No cheating Scottish Referee could have officiated in a worse manner that night.

So near yet so far.

I'd been at every game in the 07/08 season and if we'd won in Manchester it would have been unbelievable but it was in hope rather then expectation.

Sparta Prague in 91. We simply blew that match and missed out on CL qualification. Goram fumbled into his own net FFS.

Also McCoist testimonial v Newcastle. God knows why but I was gutted after that for some reason. Think it was because it was a chance to assert ourselves against a big English team and we blew that as well. A disproportionate reaction but gutted nonetheless.
That was the last testimonial I attended, too much emotion tied up in it and the players weren't interested. Decided then it was a waste of my money and time if the players couldn't be bothered.

Dunfermline 2 - Rangers 0 Scottish Cup 1988. The Hamilton loss the year before was just a freak result but this one really hurt.
Rangers flops was the headline in the Sunday Mail the next day. Was at that game an the first goal was such a fluke hit

Back