Barry the tim apologist

To be honest the only bit in that article that really annoys me is when he concedes Morelos was wrong to make a gesture. So did Boyd. Why? What is wrong with gesturing thatbthe game is over anyway?

Yes because clearly Morelos should have known that his little gesture would cause a national mhedia outcry and that it’s different rules applied to him entirely due to the blatantly racist witch hunt against him.

It’s a joke mate and if guys like Ferguson would really highlight this it may make a difference, I just think they’re too scared to upset the apple cart as all the people pulling the strings at BT/Sky/daily record etc are obviously tims.

Barry misses the point. Balanced reporting would either have stopped negative reporting of Morelos after a day or so and would have treated the Griffiths incident exactly the same way. Either way thumbheid wasn’t dealt with by the referee at the time he really should be cited. That is the whole purpose of the CO.

Surprised the Tartan Trannies haven't started up a petition to get him sacked after calling him a weapon!!

Im not overly bothered by what thumb did, although as someone posted on another thread what unacceptable to be thrown into crowd? Tape, sock, boot? Its the difference in reaction and condemnation thats appalling.

Folk on here are weird.

It's blatantly obvious he is saying that it's ridiculous what's been going on since we won and even calls out the fact that the ott reaction is because they are in a title race.

And he is also right. You can't spend three weeks saying "it's only gestures" about Morelos and then go mental about Griffiths.

This is all so boring.
It's not about the gestures it's about the way each gesture is treated
mentally challenged media whores in the main stream media conduct a concerted campaign to demonise Alfie Nothing but sympathy for the thumb, a mentally fragile drug and gambling addicted. Not even subtle intervention from FC Separare entity manager,TLB, horrified by the torrent of abuse levelled at the convicted racist that is the thumb.

Missing the point Barry. It’s not the fact he throw a wee bit of tape it’s the fact Alfie got it tight for weeks after a hand gesture. I loved Barry when he played but when it comes to this kinda thing. He’s part of the problem

Exactly. Morelos makes a gesture, talked about for weeks. Morelos celebrates a goal and it's a booking. It's the double standards by the refs and the media that need highlighted but anyone that does it gets a daft petition to get them off tv

Aye right Barry, if only Sutton, Hartson and the other scum sympathisers did the same, they won’t and certainly won’t change their tact due to you thinking Griffiths is okay throwing things into the supporters.

He's not an apologist, as what he says isn't unreasonable, but his rush to show that he's unbiased shows that he doesn't care about the PR war that's behind waged against us, and he's much more interested in how he's perceived than the club's well-being.

Compare and contrast with Sutton and Hartson, who are happy to look like thick dickheads for their club.

Barry only cares about Barry always did and always will. Not a dig just the way he is.

He's not really missing the point at all as some people are saying. He's saying it's tedious point scoring. We have been vilified, I am taking that as he is saying be the bigger person and don't come down to their level and moan about eveyything although it could be the easiest thing to do.

Put it this way if it was me hurling abuse and got that thrown at me I'd be like fs raging, but I'd laugh. The exact same way as I didn't take young Buffs gesture as all out intent to decapitate hoopy the hound. If that's the way they want to take it then let them. We are bigger and better than that shit.

Why do we always have to fill in the gaps for people like this and pretend they‘re saying something they aren’t.

What he really means is that he doesn’t want to rock a boat that pays him.

He’s right. Bit of a boring article but anyone getting upset by it is as paranoid as them. Alfie, Kent, thumb, none of them deserved anything more than a bit of stick from the opposition fans. That’s the game and one of the reasons why football fans are so fanatical compared to other sports, it means more.

Why do we always have to fill in the gaps for people like this and pretend they‘re saying something they aren’t.

What he really means is that he doesn’t want to rock a boat that pays him.
That's your opinion. I'm not filling in any gaps. There's terrible double standards in this country I'm not that naive. However a gesture or sock tape being thrown doesnt offend me that much if I'm going to be 100% honest. It is tit for tat pish between the fans he's right. I'd rather we left them to act like the animals they are we are better than this but they done this, aye thats cause yous done that. A don't care mate I'm no that thin skinned. The amount of grown men blowing these incidents out of proportion is laughable. I'm more concerned at the fact the Ira are marching our streets rather than wee stupit incidents in a fitba game.

He's not really missing the point at all as some people are saying. He's saying it's tedious point scoring. We have been vilified, I am taking that as he is saying be the bigger person and don't come down to their level and moan about eveyything although it could be the easiest thing to do.

Put it this way if it was me hurling abuse and got that thrown at me I'd be like fs raging, but I'd laugh. The exact same way as I didn't take young Buffs gesture as all out intent to decapitate hoopy the hound. If that's the way they want to take it then let them. We are bigger and better than that shit.
Turning the other cheek and dignified silence has brought us to our present situation. Was I bothered about thumb heids actions, no, do I want something done about it, absolutely. We are in a situation now where we must fight fire with fire, if that means being more offended than offended FC, then so be it.

He can't or doesn't want to see the double standards. No one is saying that Thumb's action was any great crime but it was more than Alfie's incident which he was reportedly booked but certainly vilified in the press. If Thumb is not punished it leaves us with the only one conclusion, that Alfie is the victim of not just double standards but racism

I can’t bring myself to go through the agony and boredom of another cliche ridden , eye bleeding barry ferguson ghost written diatribe . As soon as I read the first sentence I know the rest .

One of the best players I’ll ever see represent our club , and so far the worst “ columnist” I’ve had the misfortune to read since he hung up his boots . Horrendous .

Give it a rest Barry . For all our sakes .
Agree mate, it's becoming a bit tedious now. I'd rather remember him for what he gave us on the pitch than some of the guff "he" gets printed in that rag.

Turning the other cheek and dignified silence has brought us to our present situation. Was I bothered about thumb heids actions, no, do I want something done about it, absolutely. We are in a situation now where we must fight fire with fire, if that means being more offended than offended FC, then so be it.
Get what your saying there. I just can't pretend to be offended not in my nature mate.

Exactly. Morelos makes a gesture, talked about for weeks. Morelos celebrates a goal and it's a booking. It's the double standards by the refs and the media that need highlighted but anyone that does it gets a daft petition to get them off tv
I know. No1 cares that a throw a wee bit of tape. It’s about on par with a hand gesture that’s the problem

He is right. It’s ridiculous the situation we are in. But he misses the hypocrisy of the reporting . Do I give a toss that thumb threw a bit of paper at someone? No. But treat every incident the same. Don’t have a meltdown about one and brush the other off.

That's your opinion. I'm not filling in any gaps. There's terrible double standards in this country I'm not that naive. However a gesture or sock tape being thrown doesnt offend me that much if I'm going to be 100% honest. It is tit for tat pish between the fans he's right. I'd rather we left them to act like the animals they are we are better than this but they done this, aye thats cause yous done that. A don't care mate I'm no that thin skinned. The amount of grown men blowing these incidents out of proportion is laughable. I'm more concerned at the fact the Ira are marching our streets rather than wee stupit incidents in a fitba game.
I understand your point but remember Alfie is sitting in the stands because of the reaction of the scum and their compliant media lackeys

I must have missed his article saying that Morelos was being unfairly treated. Only when it’s a mentally challenged that his head pops up above the parapet.

He is actually justifying Griffiths action by saying the guy was “probably“ giving abuse and daring to look like someone off the telly.

WE all know the way this works by now.

When a Celtic striker scrunches up a bit of tape and tosses it at a Kilmarnock fan, it’s my responsibility as a former Rangers player to jump up and down about it, scream blue murder and call for Leigh Griffiths to be hung, drawn and quartered for it on the sixth floor of Hampden.

Well, if it’s all the same to you, I’ll excuse myself from the tit-for-tat that’s been going on ever since Rangers won at Celtic Park on December 29 and pundits up and down the land lost their grip on any sense of perspective.

If you’re wondering why so many hardened old pros have suddenly become hunks, offended by the slightest little thing, then let me fill you in.

It’s because, for the first time in years, there’s a proper title race going on and some people are clearly struggling to keep their allegiances in check.

Well you can leave me out of that. In fact, to be perfectly honest, the whole thing is really starting to p*** me off.

Hasn’t anyone else realised it was three-and-a-half weeks ago Alfredo Morelos got sent off at Celtic Park? That was in December 2019! Am I the only one who can’t believe some people are still wetting the bed about it?

Was Morelos in the wrong? Yes, he was. Should he have made that gesture? No, he shouldn’t have.

Does the world need to come to an end because of it? Only if there’s a two-point gap at the top of the table and Rangers have a game in hand.

So I won’t be rushing to call for Griffiths to be hammered for his reaction coming off the pitch at Rugby Park the other night. I couldn’t bring myself to be such a hypocrite.

I saw the incident as it happened, shrugged my shoulders and said: “So what?”

You could see the old guy who looked like Uncle Albert out of Only Fools and Horses screaming abuse at Griffiths as he made his way into the Celtic dugout. And that’s one of my all-time favourite telly programmes by the way.

Now, don’t get me wrong here, I’m not condoning what Leigh did next. The bottom line is he had shut the guy up with what he had done on the pitch and that ought to have been good enough for him.

But, in the heat of the moment, he reacted by doing something he shouldn’t have done. I’m not going to hammer Leigh for doing that when I’ve done it a hundred times myself.

I’ve been there. You’re tired, you’re legs are killing you and there’s some guy spewing abuse at you, giving you an absolute earful as if you’ve just run over his cat.

Sometimes it’s hard not to give a little back. I’d be lying if I said I’ve never done it.

“Haw Ferguson, get tae f***you dirty wee b******!”

“Naw, you f*** off! Get it right up ye!”

Granted, I never actually threw anything at them which is where Leigh overstepped the mark. But if you have ever felt the tape players put on their socks then you’ll know it’s as light as a feather. It would have been different if it was a boot he had chucked!

And it wasn’t even thrown in an aggressive way. It was like, “Gie’s peace mate, shut up!”

Should he have done it? No.

He should have sat down and smiled at the guy. Maybe even laughed at him for behaving like a maniac.

But can I put my hand on my heart and say I blame Griffiths for what he did and that I was horrified by it? Don’t be so daft.

In terms of keeping a sense of perspective I’ve seen a lot worse. Just the same as I can’t get my knickers in a twist over the gesture Morelos made to the Celtic fans at Parkhead.

I’ve been there too, having to make the long walk after being sent off there. It felt like the whole main stand was on its feet hurling abuse at me. How did I react? Let’s just say we’d get the Daily Record shut down if I repeated it in these pages. But that’s what happens sometimes in the heat of the moment.

Then, when you’re in the shower five minutes later and replaying it in your head you realise you shouldn’t have reacted. You’re kicking yourself for being so stupid.

You know the right thing to do is to ignore it and act in a professional manner.

But we’re talking about human beings here. And every one of us has a breaking point. There’s only so much you can take before you find yourself responding to it. The problem is there’s cameras everywhere and people who are just desperate to find some reason to be outraged by the littlest thing. It must be like being in the Big Brother house ... and I don’t even watch Big Brother.

It’s getting a bit ridiculous and I would at least like to think the former pros would show a bit more common sense and understanding.

As for Griffiths, after everything he has been through, I’m genuinely happy to see him back on the pitch scoring goals even though it’s the last thing Rangers need at this stage in the campaign.

I’m happy because he’d had his struggles and because, from Scotland’s point of view, he could be a huge weapon in the play-offs for Euro 2020.

That’s what people should be concentrating on – the bigger picture – but some folk find it impossible to do that when it’s so tight at the top of the table and when it’s Rangers and Celtic who are involved.

Me? I love it. I spent my Wednesday night watching the Celtic game with one eye and checking my mobile phone for the scoreline from Ibrox with the other. At one point in the second half a single goal in either game could have turned the whole thing on its head.

That’s the way football should be. It’s supposed to be exciting. It’s supposed to get the emotions pumping.

It’s just a pity some people who should know better are lettig those emotions get the better of them.

I understand your point but remember Alfie is sitting in the stands because of the reaction of the scum and their compliant media lackeys
The wee man's vilified in this country because he's a threat to they cunts its sinister. Like I said the double standards are incredible I'm not blind to it, to point out what they do is a waste of breath outwith us who cares? Everyone's against us don't see it changing soon.

I must have missed his article saying that Morelos was being unfairly treated. Only when it’s a mentally challenged that his head pops up above the parapet.

He is actually justifying Griffiths action by saying the guy was “probably“ giving abuse and daring to look like someone off the telly.
I could justify both their actions like I said a don't think either are worthy of the reaction they've both had. I just think folk on FF read what they want to read. The guys not a Tim apologist fs lol.

Bharry is missing the whole point it’s the discrepancies,the inconsistencies that are beyond comprehensible!! But now a few ex ger players piped up ,eventually!
Bharry now decided to write this when you’ve had mutton, fatson, Andy plonker all attacking Morelos n gers for past few years why didn’t you say it then.
now it’s all whataboutery as usual when anyone gers related says anything reminds me of spew keevens.
what it is Bharry is everyone connected to the manky mob is running scared started off with a close call last year n we re bck again n the poor decisions n inconsistencies are racking up against Rangers because we re back!!
Between referees,sfa n the republican media We (rangers) really have our work cut out!!

Last edited:
He is right it is tedious tit for tat the point he is missing is about how each incident has been reported. The Griffiths incident is a nothing but due to the media hysteria around the Morelos gesture they have reaped what they’ve sewn. Celtic & their media puppets have caused this nobody else

I could justify both their actions like I said a don't think either are worthy of the reaction they've both had. I just think folk on FF read what they want to read. The guys not a Tim apologist fs lol.

he f’n is. Only comes out to defend Griffith’s!!!!

Barry bead rattler is missing the whole point it’s the discrepancies,the inconsistencies that are beyond comprehensible!! But now a few ex ger players piped up ,eventually!
Barry bead rattler now decided to write this when you’ve had mutton, fatson, Andy plonker all attacking Morelos n gers for past few years why didn’t you say it then.
now it’s all whataboutery as usual when anyone gers related says anything reminds me of spew keevens.
what it is Bharry is everyone connected to the manky mob is running scared started off with a close call last year n we re bck again n the poor decisions n inconsistencies are racking up against Rangers because we re back!!
"Barry bead rattler" and "Bharry", how tedious.

Maybe its too early in the morning for me but I'm struggling to get angry with what has been written in that article.

Cut the strings of the puppet masters with agendas, whatever happened to impartial reporting. Personally all things Rangers is what's important f--k the rest. As for barry will remember the playing years.

I think a lot of folk are completely missing his point here. It isn't sticking up for thumb or apologising - my take from it was he was aiming a criticism at the hypocrisy and bias of some fellow pundits i.e. Hartson and Sutton.

Maybe its too early in the morning for me but I'm struggling to get angry with what has been written in that article.
[/QUOTE]
Hipocrisy
"Barry bead rattler" and "Bharry", how tedious.

hypocrisy!!

Ok mate. Read the article without blue tinted goggles he's hardly a poet apologist. He says they both shouldn't have done it but it happens people need to stop being so offended over nothing.

Read the article like a mentally challenged’s pal?

The context may be right but the timing isn’t. If Griffith’s hadn’t caused the problem on Wednesday would he have been writing to say that Sutton,Hartson etc etc were being pathetic in their attacks on Morelos? Would he Phuk.

Barry bead rattler is missing the whole point it’s the discrepancies,the inconsistencies that are beyond comprehensible!! But now a few ex ger players piped up ,eventually!
Barry bead rattler now decided to write this when you’ve had mutton, fatson, Andy plonker all attacking Morelos n gers for past few years why didn’t you say it then.
Between referees,sfa n the republican media We (rangers) really have our work cut out!!

Barry the bead rattler.. Bharry.. Ffs that is embarrassing

Don’t disagree on the main point, however, he must realise that it’s the disparity between the response to two broadly similar incidents that is our problem.

Also, if I couldn’t watch our game, I would not be watching them.

Back